As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My computer's CD drive is stuck..

SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
The CD reader in my computer decided to get stuck today and despite my best efforts I haven't managed to get it open. Normally I wouldn't mind and just rip it out since it's pretty old and have served dutifully but I really need to get my Heavy Gear 2 disc out before I retire the drive.

Is here some kind of switch I can use to open the tray manually or do I need to remove it from the computer and start dissecting it?

Silpheed on

• Options
    BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Most drives have a small hole on the front somewhere near the eject button. If you can find that and stick something into it (an unbent paper clip tends to work) there's a lever in there you can hit that will pop the tray open just enough for you to safely pull it the rest of the way out.

Binary on
    binary101010.jpg
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Binary wrote: »
    Most drives have a small hole on the front somewhere near the eject button. If you can find that and stick something into it (an unbent paper clip tends to work) there's a lever in there you can hit that will pop the tray open just enough for you to safely pull it the rest of the way out.
    So that's what that hole is for! Thanks, I'll try it out.

Silpheed on