Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

San Diego Comic Con

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm hoping I'm going.
    Been planning on this trip for quite a while and my achilles tendon has decided this would be a good month to crap out on me. So I'm weighing how hard it's going to be to walk around against my desire to go.
    I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to go as long as I'm not literally unable to walk just before it's time to go. But i guess I should bring some crutches with me just in case.

Looking forward to the program schedule.

• GrifterGrifter TorontoSuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I'm hoping I'm going.
    Been planning on this trip for quite a while and my achilles tendon has decided this would be a good month to crap out on me. So I'm weighing how hard it's going to be to walk around against my desire to go.
    I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to go as long as I'm not literally unable to walk just before it's time to go. But i guess I should bring some crutches with me just in case.

Looking forward to the program schedule.

They have wheel chairs there if you want to go that route. It does make things a bit more difficult to navigate the crowds though. On the plus side, you get really good placement in the panels.

edited July 2008
    I suppose it's something to keep in mind if it goes downhill while I'm there.
    I wonder what acquiring one entails. I'd be going with my wife, do you have to sit separately in that case or do they just stick you on an aisle seat?

Right now I'm using crutches, and I can get away with using a single crutch kind of as a cane. So I may just go ahead and buy a cane.
    Maybe I should Dr. House cosplay....

edit: ah ha per their site
    Wheelchairs for loan in two- to three-hour increments on a first-come, first-served basis; all you need is an ID and a $20 cash deposit.

edited July 2008
    Yeah, a cane would make it a lot easier to maneuver through the sea of people. Crutches do not lend themselves well to the situation.

edited July 2008
    edited July 2008
    Day One/Thursday Schedule is on their site now. Although not officially announced.

Good lord, I have no idea what to plan on going to.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

edited July 2008
    Man, there's a lot going on that day that I'll want to see. That's a good first day. I hope the rest of the con is just as good if not better!

• digital.aarondigital.aaron Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Day One/Thursday Schedule is on their site now. Although not officially announced.

Good lord, I have no idea what to plan on going to.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

That link 404's for me.

I'll be more interested when Friday's schedule gets posted, as that's the day I'll actually be there.

edited July 2008
    Yeah I was just noticing that they'd yanked it.

Here I'll post it. Copied it down just in case of such an event.

Official list is up now: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

edited July 2008
    Speaking of Friday here's PART of it.
    They apparantly have a search engine built into the program guide to search by subject. Someone got the comic books subject for friday results before it was taken down.
    Partial Friday schedule:
    Spoiler:

edited July 2008
    Yeesh even the partial schedule is too much to fit into one post.
    the rest of friday's partial list
    Spoiler:

edited July 2008
    And if it's of interest to anyone, the schedule for all of Cartoon Network's/Adult Swim's panels for the full weekend.

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=24705

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    edited July 2008
    Wow, thanks for the info!

For a "partial" list, that Friday schedule already looks packed. It's just a shame that Jim Lee's panel is only about the DCUO. But then, I guess he really isn't there to talk about crap he worked on 20 years ago for Marvel. Oh well.

I would totally go to the WebComics panel, if PA was going to be part of the presenters. Oh well.

You can count me in for the Adult Swim panel on Friday evening, even if i have to sit through the Robot Chicken-first-half. I wanna see me some Venture Brothers, damnit!

• RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    12:00-1:00 50 Years of Gay Legion of Super-Heroes Fandom— The fiftieth anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes gives the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) fans a reason to celebrate. Join Prism Comics president Roger Klorese, Interlac APA central mailer and HIV + ME cartoonist Chris Companik, and a "legion" of pros and fans in a freewheeling discussion to find out, among other things, which male Legionnaire coveted the name "Light Lass," how Matter Eater Lad consumed whole planets without gaining an ounce, and why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer. And, what's up with Element Lad? Room 3
    Categories: Comic Books | Fandom

hahaha

what

• ServoServo Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    i would totally be there. that sounds awesome

newsigs.jpg
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    that's pretty ridiculous

and a little awesome

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
    edited July 2008
    i mean come on
    why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer.

how does that not sound like a good time?

newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    i mean come on
    why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer.

how does that not sound like a good time?

I think that entry was put on the schedule to see if anyone was paying attention. I'd like to go, if only to see that people that actually turn up for that panel. Heh.

edited July 2008
    i'm not, like, making fun of it or anything though. i think it really sounds like fun

newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    The schedules are apparantly not finalized. Hence the hiding em shortly after. But they give you a nice idea of what's going to be going on. Just dont plan a tight schedule around them until they're a bit more solid.

The full Friday list was up for a while, but I was too slow on that one. Going to poke around see if I can find anyone who saved it.

edited July 2008
    Servo, I just have this mental image of a bunch of fans that take the material WAY too seriously. Or the guys that wander into the the wrong panel room and are totally confused by the material being presented.

edited July 2008
    this does not sound like a group of people who are taking losh way too seriously.

newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    The Thursday list seems to have gotten spread around a bit. But I don't see any of the Friday stuff elsewhere.

edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    this does not sound like a group of people who are taking losh way too seriously.

I meant more along the lines of flaming fashion nazis arguing over the merits of having pink, rather than fuscia be the secondary color of a particular super hero.

But you're right, probably going to be a very entertaining panel, at least.

edited July 2008
    Servo is right. That sounds like a totally cool panel. The idea is that they enjoy the material and ARENT uptight about it.

Anyway, I dont want to make their webmaster cry or anything but it looks like all of the friday info is still up there in a way. The friday list I have above is the search results link for stuff on friday with the tag comic books. But you can click on the other related tags as well and come up with more from friday.

Gonna play around a bit and see if I can sort out what I have and dont have already.

edited July 2008
    Wow..some sweet stuff here...

Friday stuff that's NOT tagged comic books.
    television tag:
    Spoiler:

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am going to have to make some strict schedules.

edited July 2008
    Um ok, movie tag without tv or comic books...
    How am I supposed to choose between some of this stuff?
    Just to clarify, still Friday
    Spoiler:

edited July 2008
    Ok anything I can find that I dont think I caught in the big 3 tags of comic, tv, and movies. Including the Penny Arcade panel.
    Friday
    Spoiler:

I think that's all of it. If anyone want to try and collate it all into time order be my guest.

• SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    7:15-8:15 Klingon Lifestyles Presentation— This latest mission for the crew of the IKV Stranglehold finds them seeking assistance from the last person in the universe they would ask for help, but is everyone who they say they are? Can they survive Rule of Acquisition number 218? All species are welcome to experience the ongoing voyage and adventure of life aboard a Klingon vessel. Room 6A
    Categories: Costuming | Fandom | Nighttime Programming | Science Fiction & Fantasy

jesus christ

heavensidesig80.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User
    edited July 2008
    7:15-8:15 Klingon Lifestyles Presentation— This latest mission for the crew of the IKV Stranglehold finds them seeking assistance from the last person in the universe they would ask for help, but is everyone who they say they are? Can they survive Rule of Acquisition number 218? All species are welcome to experience the ongoing voyage and adventure of life aboard a Klingon vessel. Room 6A
    Categories: Costuming | Fandom | Nighttime Programming | Science Fiction & Fantasy

jesus christ

I make it a point to go every year. It's wonderfully awful. Terrible Star Trek fan fics performed by hideously untalented actors who don't know how to read off of teleprompters. It's great as a warm-up act for Worst Cartoons Ever and Spike & Mike.

Signature not found.
    edited July 2008
    How the hell am I supposed to choose between the PA panel and the Venture Brothers panel? GAH!!!

edited July 2008
    Yeah I know I'm going to have to let alot of things go. Going to be hard to choose what I really want to see most.

Avatar panel vs totally rad show vs kevin smith vs mst3000 :(

Not to mention Spaced screening with the gang who made it vs Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the gang who made it vs my ability to go all day and all night and still be able to do stuff the next also likely jam packed day.

I've yet to find anything on Lost or the Star Trek film. So those are further in.

edited July 2008
    I've yet to find anything on Lost or the Star Trek film. So those are further in.

I'd imagine those would be on Saturday.

• reminderGTOreminderGTO Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    I am going to have to make some strict schedules.

Yeah but what sucks is you end up missing a lot of panels just to wait in line for a certain panel. That really killed my ComicCon experience last year.

28qsde.gifZOGBY projects McCain win with 400+ EVs28qsde.gif
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I know I'm going to have to let alot of things go. Going to be hard to choose what I really want to see most.

I am in the same exact boat

• SaigaSaiga Registered User
    edited July 2008
    This is my first Comic-Con.

Wait holy shit, there is a PA panel?

EDIT: also, is there any chance of a PA get together or meet up whilst at the convention?

28je138.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Qorzm wrote: »

I am in the same exact boat

Well, the avatar panel will be fantastic but something I am considering missing. People are going to be showing up for that super early, and it starts immediately after the Adult Swim panel. The series will have been over for a week anyways so it's not like they're gonna have new information for us.

Unless they want to talk about the movie. But they would have mentioned that.

juggcat.jpg