As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

San Diego Comic Con

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fiz wrote: »
    Adult Swim handed out these great sketchbook/autograph book things a few years ago after their big panel. I like to use that to have people sign things. I can usually get a quick sketch in depending on who I'm in line for

The Cartoon Network people are usually the nicest about this. The creator of Camp Lazlo/Rocko's Modern Life drew all sorts of stuff for me. The people from Billy & Mandy were told that they only had time to sign autographs before a panel, but since I was at the end of that line they decided they could do a bit more.

Cartoon Network actually gave out smaller version of the books last year so maybe they'll do it again. They're actually my favorite booth because of the giveaways. T-shirts, bookbags, keychains, sketchbooks, etc. The only group who even comes close to that level of freebies is the Penny Arcade booth (where they will just spit right on you).

The guy who made Bleach (some weird anime thing) will be at comic-con. I wish I was interested in the series so this would be exciting news

Sounds like a booth I will have to visit. I hope to blog every night about my experiences at the SDCC when I get back to the hotel. For some reason, I see myself coming back and going right to sleep if it is anything like NYCC.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm trying to get an idea of how far in advance I need to arrive at the more in demand panels to make it through the lines. I suppose I may just have to adopt a which room has the most stuff I'm interested in that day strategy. Most of what I want to see is in the Ballroom or the 6A and 6B rooms. Might try for hall H on saturday.

In gimpy leg news I'm now outfitted with a big ole achilles boot which covers my leg to just under the knee.
    Not exactly what you'd call comfortable but it does let me get around at a moderate pace without wrecking things up internally.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci08exhib_hallfull.pdf

Holy cow is the show floor huge. I am pretty sure that is double the NYCC. Anyone prepare for this yet? Make a list of the panels you want to see (and backups), exclusives to buy, autographs to get (and backups)?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    redfield85 wrote: »

Holy cow is the show floor huge. I am pretty sure that is double the NYCC. Anyone prepare for this yet? Make a list of the panels you want to see (and backups), exclusives to buy, autographs to get (and backups)?

Mate, it takes up the entirety of the San Diego Convention Centre. Just making it from one side of the main floor to the other is an ordeal.

Grifter on
  • Options
    digital.aarondigital.aaron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Yes, it is freakin LARGE. I don't have a timetable made yet, since I'm not really all that interested in any of the panels on Friday, except for the Venture Bros. or Penny Arcade panels. I have, however, plotted a general course I will try to take. I'm mostly interested in the Artist's Alley, and as such, have charted a course that will hopefully get me through that area with minimum confussion. After that, I will probably just make my way across the hall to the other side, and then call it a day. I expect this to take ALL day, though.

digital.aaron on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

Mate, it takes up the entirety of the San Diego Convention Centre. Just making it from one side of the main floor to the other is an ordeal.

I always find Preview Night to be essential in getting a general overview of the layout of the show floor. Then, when you're not in a panel (make some sort of schedule for yourself) you'll know what's what and where things are. And when you need a break, the gaming rooms upstairs can be good for relaxing and sitting down for a while (alternatively, find a film or shitty panel).

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    jacoblwilsonjacoblwilson Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    Hey - I live in san diego, and we have some booth babes from the con doing a burlesque show near hotel circle on friday night - its a bunch of comic themed girls getting half naked. I am going to be an MC for the show, and our shows are always a lot of fun.

Not trying to spam the boards - I dont post here but I have been reading Penny Arcade for years, and I am a huge video game player. If you want more info, hit up my girlfriends website - http://www.fishnetfollies.com/

This is the only post I will make about it - just thought some people might want to hang out after the Con. See everyone there!

jacoblwilson on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    is anyone by any chance looking for room space? I've got some space and I'm in the marriot right next to the convention center

futility on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I notice the Films link on the site now says 4 day members can view the schedule.
    But you have to login. Any idea what you use for a login and pass?
    Tried a couple of variations of name and confirmation number but nothing seems to work.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You should have received at username and password with your registration information e-mail.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yea, I tried too and couldn't figure it out.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's usually something really simple and it's the same for everyone.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    For those of you driving to the site and not staying in a hotel, where are you planning to park? I was just looking at the parking arrangements, and parking at Qualcomm Stadium for free, and then taking the trolley looks enticing, except for the half hour transit time. Any idea what the all-day rates at downtown parking garages will be like? I've never been downtown during an "event day" but I'd venture a guess of like ~$20, yeah?

digital.aaron on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    For those of you driving to the site and not staying in a hotel, where are you planning to park? I was just looking at the parking arrangements, and parking at Qualcomm Stadium for free, and then taking the trolley looks enticing, except for the half hour transit time. Any idea what the all-day rates at downtown parking garages will be like? I've never been downtown during an "event day" but I'd venture a guess of like ~$20, yeah?

Yeah, in past years the normal rate has been around $20. If you get there SUPER early, you might be able to get convention center parking.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    reminderGTOreminderGTO Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I notice the Films link on the site now says 4 day members can view the schedule.
    Tried a couple of variations of name and confirmation number but nothing seems to work.

Username: members
    PW: vips

I swear it's the same every year.

reminderGTO on
    28qsde.gifZOGBY projects McCain win with 400+ EVs28qsde.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thursday, July 24
    Convention Center
    8:00pm - Juno
    9:45pm - Hard Candy

Marriott
    5:00pm - Predator
    6:55pm - Predator 2
    8:50pm - Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
    10:45pm - Alien
    12:55am - Aliens

Friday, July 25
    Convention Center
    8:00pm - Jumper
    9:40pm - I Am Legend

Marriott
    7:00pm - The Gamers: Dorkness Rising
    8:50pm - Wizards
    10:20pm - Stardust
    10:30pm - 30 Days of Night
    12:40am - 300
    2:50am - The Gamers

Saturday, July 26
    Convention Center
    8:00pm - Fantastic Four

Marriott
    6:00pm - Southland Tales
    8:00pm - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    8:35pm - The Orphanage
    12:35am - Fido
    2:15am - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Huh, nothing much to get excited about. But I suppose it's a nice side option.
    Too bad the Gamers movie isnt showing at a time I'd be at all likely to go to.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Username: members
    PW: vips

I swear it's the same every year.

Yeah, it is.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, I am planning on getting my Spore creature creator and Gears of War box cover slips signed (Will Wright for Spore and Cliffy B for Gears). What are the odds that I get tackled for even walking up to them after the panels and asking for an autograph?

I am also bringing some other game/movie covers in hopes of getting them signed. I can at least bank on getting the voice of Niko Belik from GTA4 to sign the cover of the game. I don't know why, but I have just started to obsess over getting autographs (and I have never seen the big deal of getting things signed).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well as a backup plan to the mobbing them after a panel, check their respective publishers booths in case they're doing any signings there that arent a part of the official comic-con autograph schedules.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well as a backup plan to the mobbing them after a panel, check their respective publishers booths in case they're doing any signings there that arent a part of the official comic-con autograph schedules.

True. I didn't think of that.

Anyone else leaving for San Diego tomorrow?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

True. I didn't think of that.

Anyone else leaving for San Diego tomorrow?

Yeah, I leave tomorrow and fly through Atlanta. I don't touch down in SD until like 10:30PM. Then I drive down to Mexico and stay there for a couple of nights. I'll be back in SD on Monday.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We stop in Ohio I think but don't get off the plane. After that, we fly to Las Vegas and switch flights and then it takes like an hour to get to San Diego from there.

We basically have four days in SD before preview night. I figure we will hit the beach and surrounding area one day and go to the San Diego Zoo another day. Any other fun sites worth mentioning (before we just randomly go around and find fun)?

Man, I am coming with about 15 dvd/game case slips, Sealab 2021 season 1, and a vhs of King of the Ring (for Mic Foley to sign). I still don't know what I should attempt to get signed by the Penny Arcade guys. Maybe they have something there to buy (and hopefully they are the their booth signing stuff).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We stop in Ohio I think but don't get off the plane. After that, we fly to Las Vegas and switch flights and then it takes like an hour to get to San Diego from there.

We basically have four days in SD before preview night. I figure we will hit the beach and surrounding area one day and go to the San Diego Zoo another day. Any other fun sites worth mentioning (before we just randomly go around and find fun)?

Man, I am coming with about 15 dvd/game case slips, Sealab 2021 season 1, and a vhs of King of the Ring (for Mic Foley to sign). I still don't know what I should attempt to get signed by the Penny Arcade guys. Maybe they have something there to buy (and hopefully they are the their booth signing stuff).

Skip the zoo and go to the Wild Animal Park. It's run by the same people, but it's tons better. Instead of being all zoo-ey (although they do have some of that), they've got a shitton of land that they let the animals roam free in, and then you take a monorail ride through everything (or private jeep if you're made of money). On the way, stop at Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden (http://www.queencalifia.org/), a super-awesome sculpture garden.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What's the artist's alley like? I've never been to that part. Is it just a bunch of artists, big and small, at booths, waiting to sketch commissions? How much do they normally charge? Do people pick up sketches later on or do they stand and wait for them?

Lux on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's rows of tables of artists and writers, big and small, as well as the independent publishers. They aren't waiting to just sketch comissions. Usually they have things to sell such as comics, original art work, etc. They'll sign anything you bring as well, so if some of the big name signings have a table too, you might as well just grab them there instead of waiting in the huge line.

The cost of the sketches depend on the artist. For example, Chris Giarusso charges ten bucks for a sketch, yet the Tiny Titans guys only charged a dollar. The more prolific, the more they will charge (unless you are a young kid, and most of them will do it for free). Also, some might not be doing sketches at the time or may be booked up with comissions, so get there early. You can both stand and wait for a quick one, or if it will take some time, leave and come back.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, after flying all day, we are at the Hampton in San Diego. Hurray for free Internet and a menu for a local Chinese restaurant that delivers.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    darcerindarcerin Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    futility wrote: »
    is anyone by any chance looking for room space? I've got some space and I'm in the marriot right next to the convention center

Hey Futility,

I joined this forum just to reply to your post. I'm looking for room space for me and a friend at the moment. What are you asking for it? Thanks.

darcerin on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Here is another question along the lines of getting an artist to draw something. Does Gabe do sketches at the PA booth? I am talking an actual sketch, not just him signing his name and drawing a wang for you. I kind of want him to draw a Penny Arcade version of a character of mine.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here is another question along the lines of getting an artist to draw something. Does Gabe do sketches at the PA booth? I am talking an actual sketch, not just him signing his name and drawing a wang for you. I kind of want him to draw a Penny Arcade version of a character of mine.

You'll want to bring reference pictures, some ring pops, and be prepared to leave it there for a few hours so he can work on it when they aren't swamped with people.

Also, ten bucks. For me

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fiz wrote: »

You'll want to bring reference pictures, some ring pops, and be prepared to leave it there for a few hours so he can work on it when they aren't swamped with people.

Also, ten bucks. For me

Rings pops? Really? If so I will go grab some from somewhere. Haha.

I kept on thinking from that point on what I would want Gabe to do and it hit me. I am going to see if I can get a Nyko Custom Faceplate for my 360 and get him to make me a custom PA 360 faceplate. That would be enjoyable.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    List of signings at the Dark Horse booth.
    WEDNESDAY, JULY 23 (Preview Night)

Domo raffle! Come to our booth to win one of our San Diego Exclusive Domo Figures!

THURSDAY, JULY 24:
    11:00 – 12:00 Rick Geary: The Adventures of Blanche
    12:00 - 1:00 Joshua Dysart: B.P.R.D., Conan and the Midnight God
    12:00 – 1:00 Bernie Wrightson: Bernie Wrightson’s Frankenstein
    1:00 - 2:00 Gabriel Ba & Fabio Moon: Umbrella Academy, Myspace Dark Horse Presents
    2:00 – 3:00 Nathan Fox: Pigeons From Hell
    2:00 - 3:00 Dean Motter: Mister X
    3:00 – 4:00 Greg “Stainboy” Reinel: Vicious Intent
    3:00 – 4:00 Gilbert Hernandez: Speak of the Devil
    4:00 - 5:00 Jim Hardison: The Helm
    5:00 – 6:00 Eric Powell: The Goon

FRIDAY, JULY 25:

11:00 - 12:00 Matt Wagner: Grendel

11:00 – 12:00 Mike Kennedy: Aliens Vs. Predator

12:00 – 1:00 Jim Hardison: The Helm

12:00 - 1:30 Yoshitaka Amano: Vampire Hunter D; Shinjuku (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

1:00 – 2:00 Scrambled Ink: Dreamworks Animators – Ken Morrissey, JJ Villard, Ennio Torresan, David Pimental, Keith Baxter, Jenny Lerew

2:00 – 3:00 Mike Mignola: Hellboy

(*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

3:00 – 4:30 Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog: Joss Whedon, Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day

(*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

5:00 – 6:00 Yasuhiro Nightow: Trigun (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

6:00 – 7:00 David Lloyd: Kickback

ALSO, FRIDAY, JULY 25TH IS STAR WARS DAY! STAR WARS CREATOR SIGNINGS ALL AFTERNOON:

1:00 – 2:00 Travis Charest: Star Wars cover artist

2:00 - 3:00 Matt & Shawn Fillbach: Star Wars – The Clone Wars

3:00 - 4:00 Jeremy Barlow & Dan Parsons: Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

4:00 – 5:00 Dustin Weaver: Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

4:00 - 5:00 Travis Charest: Star Wars Legacy

5:00 – 6:00 Dustin Weaver & Michael Atiyeh: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

6:00 – 7:00 Dave Filoni & Henry Gilroy: Star Wars: Clone Wars

SATURDAY, JULY 26:

10:00 - 11:00 Stan Sakai: Usagi Yojimbo

11:00 – 12:00 Larry Marder: Beanworld

11:00 – 12:00 David Malki: Wondermark

12:00 – 1:00 Nicholas Gurewitch: Perry Bible Fellowship

1:30 – 3:00 Bruce Campbell: My Name Is Bruce

(*ticketed event, see Dark Horse employee for details.)

3:00 – 4:00 John Landis: Groundbreaking filmmaker

4:00 - 5:30 Gerard Way, Gabriel Ba: Umbrella Academy (*ticketed event, see Dark Horse employee for details.)

6:00 - 7:00 Bryan Talbot: Celebrating 30 years of Luther Arkwright!

6:00 – 7:00 Matt & Shawn Fillbach: Roadkill

SUNDAY, JULY 27:

11:00 – 12:00 Emily The Strange: Creative team Rob Reger, Buzz Parker, Nix Turner, Jessica Gruener

12:00 - 1:00 Yasuhiro Nightow: Trigun (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

1:00 – 2:00 Steve Niles: Criminal Macabre

1:00 – 2:00 Tara McPherson: Lonely Heart

1:00 – 2:00 Frank Kozik: Plasticland

2:00 – 3:00 Eric Powell: The Goon

2:00 – 3:00 Greg “Stainboy” Reinel: Vicious Intent

2:00 – 3:00 Rich Black: Futura

3:00 – 4:00 Keith Knight: K Chronicles

ALSO, Weta WILL HAVE SIGNINGS ALL WEEKEND!

Martin Baynton – Jane & the Dragon, Richard Taylor/Paul Tobin – Crafting of Narnia, Greg Broadmore – Dr. Grordbort’s Dingus Directory

*See a Weta employee for details!

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oni Press signings (although without times)
    _Oni Press is pleased to announce the following signings at their booth:_
    Ande Parks (Capote In Kansas, Uncle Slam Fights Back!)
    Antony Johnston (Wasteland, Three Days in Europe)
    Chris Mitten (Wasteland, Past Lies)
    Brian Hurtt (The Damned, Jumper: Jumpscars)
    Cullen Bunn (The Damned)
    Christina Weir (Jumper: Jumpscars, Past Lies)
    Nunzio Defilippis (Jumper: Jumpscars, Past Lies)
    Brian Wood (Local, Pounded)
    Ryan Kelly (Local)
    Jeremy Haun (Leading Man, Narcoleptic Sunday)
    B. Clay Moore (Leading Man)
    Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim)
    Cameron Stewart (The Apocalipstix)
    Ray Fawkes (The Apocalipstix)
    Chuck BB (Black Metal)
    Rick Spears (Black Metal)
    Chynna Clugston (Blue Monday, Scooter Girl)
    Greg Rucka (Queen & Country, Whiteout, Stumptown)
    Steve Lieber (Whiteout)
    Matthew Southworth (Stumptown)
    Hope Larson (Gray Horses)
    J. Torres (Love as a Foreign Language, Scandalous)
    Scott Chantler (Northwest Passage, Scandalous)
    Joe Infurnari (Borrowed Time)
    Robbi Rodriguez (Maintenance, Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen)
    John Layman (Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen)
    Lars Brown (North World)
    Marc Guggenheim (Resurrection)
    Ted Naifeh (Courtney Crumrin, Polly and the Pirates)
    Vasilis Lolos (The Last Call)

And of course the Oni Press Staff will be on hand at the Oni Booth (1834 1835 1836 1837): Joe Nozemack, James Lucas Jones, Randal C. Jarrell, Jill Beaton, & Cory Casoni.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, who here bring a sketchbook to CC? I kind of want to now, but I don't really know any artists besides Gabe, Andrew Bell, and some guys that I know from comics I read but I don't think they are there.

Also, is anyone here yet in San Diego? What have you done so far? We took one of those "Seal" tours where the bus turns into a boat. It was pretty fun. We saw sealions. That made me giggle.

EDIT: I have been going over what I want to do at the Con and there is so much shit I want to do that interferes with each other. This is unfair. Autographs or panels. Autographs or panels.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Someone check out the DCU Online game and tell me it's going to be good!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, who here bring a sketchbook to CC? I kind of want to now, but I don't really know any artists besides Gabe, Andrew Bell, and some guys that I know from comics I read but I don't think they are there.

Also, is anyone here yet in San Diego? What have you done so far? We took one of those "Seal" tours where the bus turns into a boat. It was pretty fun. We saw sealions. That made me giggle.

EDIT: I have been going over what I want to do at the Con and there is so much shit I want to do that interferes with each other. This is unfair. Autographs or panels. Autographs or panels.

SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo are both pretty cool, if you're into that kind of thing. I went down to Mission Beach this weekend. It's a very chilled out place and has a pretty cool boardwalk. If you're a pasty-white AC-dweller, you may feel out of place. Just sayin'...

I also have the same delimma. I want to get autographs from about half of the Artist's Alley, plus there are some panles I would like to go to, but will probably require several hours of waiting in line. In the end, I'm thinking I will try to concentrate on autographs, since I can always catch the panels on YouTube or something.

digital.aaron on
  • Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Someone check out the DCU Online game and tell me it's going to be good!

It's going to be good! Maybe. Read an article in Edge about it the other day, it sounds a bit like City of Heroes but better. Apparently you can throw cars at people. Hell, I'm sold on a month or two at least just off that.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just got back from the zoo. That place is fucking large. We were trying to leave at one point and thought we were following the map to the exit but we wound up at the hippos. I loved that zoo though. I am pretty sure I have video of turtles doing it. I will never get that scream out of my head. Haha. There was some good stuff there today. We are so beat.

I think I might take that advice of maybe skipping a panel or two to get some autographs and sketches. I think I have made my mind up and will buy a sketch book and have some artists doing sketches of a single character ala a site I found online of someone's sketchbook they had artists draw Aquaman. I think I want to get everyone to sketch Venom.

What are some good artists to get sketches from? And ones that aren't super well known I guess.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just got back from the zoo. That place is fucking large. We were trying to leave at one point and thought we were following the map to the exit but we wound up at the hippos. I loved that zoo though. I am pretty sure I have video of turtles doing it. I will never get that scream out of my head. Haha. There was some good stuff there today. We are so beat.

I think I might take that advice of maybe skipping a panel or two to get some autographs and sketches. I think I have made my mind up and will buy a sketch book and have some artists doing sketches of a single character ala a site I found online of someone's sketchbook they had artists draw Aquaman. I think I want to get everyone to sketch Venom.

What are some good artists to get sketches from? And ones that aren't super well known I guess.

I'm a big fan of both Jim Lee and Art Thibert. I'd be curious how a Venom sketch by Gabe would turn out. Also Thomas Baxa does some great work. I'm mostly familiar with the stuff he did for Magic: The Gathering, but I remember checking out his site at one point and being very impressed.

Also, here's a question for everyone:

Watchmen movie panel: Insanely crowded, or ridiculously impossible to get into?

digital.aaron on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ridiculously impossible to get into?

I would go with that one. I am trying to avoid the big name panels, although I am going to the Spore panel on Thursday. I plan on waiting in line first thing in the morning for it (panel starts at 11:30 I think off the top of my head).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, I walk up to an artist and say, "Hey, can I get a sketch? Can you make it a sketch of Venom?" And then after that, they will take my book and jot down a quick sketch? They can just draw anything off the top of their head like that? I think that is impressive. I guess I should have a few back-up characters for them to sketch.

I think tomorrow is going to be a day of hanging out at the pool, planning my days at the Con, and hitting the town to pick up some things to get prepared (sketch book, xbox faceplate, other stuff that I don't know yet). For sketchbooks, what is the usual size people get?

edit: Am I stupid to ask Andrew Bell and the guy that does Mr. Toast to give me a Venom sketch?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png