As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DEEZ NUTZ!! (Jericho returns)

StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2008 in Social Entropy++
Season 2 of Jericho starts up on Feb. 12 2008, which for you calendar illiterate is Tuesday night.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)
- You can catch all of season 1 on the cbs web site or just go back to see how bad ass your favorite character is.

jericho.jpg
Synopsis shamelessly ripped from wikipedia
The storyline revolves around the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on twenty-three major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) disables all electronics. Several themes regularly addressed in the show are gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, the value of family, and internal and external threats. The show also features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

The pivotal character in this story is Jake Green, the 32-year-old son of Mayor Johnston Green, who briefly returns home to visit his family and friends before becoming stranded as a result of the catastrophe. After a somewhat awkward return home and a tense reunion with his father, Jake steps up to become a leader in Jericho, fighting to protect the town and its citizens. As the people of Jericho struggle to survive in a changed world, most remain unaware that one of the newest residents, Robert Hawkins, knows much more about the attacks than he lets on.
The first 3 eps of Season 2 are in the wild at the moment, but I have been avoiding them just so that I can enjoy the action in the full HD experience.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Alicia Coppola and Sprague Grayden are nice pieces of eye candy for the show, but put some whiskers on Ashley Scott and she looks like a flat faced cat.

I've heard Skeet Ulrich referred to as the poor mans Johnny Depp and I can live with that.

I didn't see Jericho on TV in season 1. I think it conflicted with other stuff I was watching, but I heard good things about it and then heard it got canceled. Then I heard about the massive campaign to get it back on the air by sending tons of peanuts to the studio (which in turn were donated to soldiers overseas) and how the studio actually signed up for a second season. Now, my understanding is they ordered 8 episodes and based on Season 1 dvd sales and the ratings on these 8 episodes, or probably just the first couple they would order more. I was reminded of the time I sent in a few tobasco bottles to save Roswell (STILL MY FAVORITE SHOW EVAR!!!!!!) and was like, ok, hey that's cool. Then I saw the first few episodes on Universal HD and was like god damnit, I'm hooked, so I went out and bought the season 1 dvds and I have been a fan since.

So here I am to remind you homps to catch Season 2, starting this Tuesday night (throw it on after House) and catch our lovable town trying to stay afloat.

35357478.jpg

jackfaces
"If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
- John McCallum
Starfuck on

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Chris-Jericho-Photofile-Photograph-C11815746.jpeg

Bedlam on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    SAVE US Y2J

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    lick on deez nuts and suck the dick

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I thought the same thing.

But this show does sound intriguing.

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Looks like an interesting show. Though as an aside I am constantly amazed at the lengths people will go to in trying to save a TV show while most of those same people won't lift a finger to address more serious issues. But again, that's just an aside and I don't mean to derail your thread.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    This is why the nuts fetish from the show
    His grandfather recalls the story of the World War II Battle of the Bulge, in which US Army forces under the command of Gen. Anthony McAuliffe were outgunned and outnumbered by Nazis who surrounded them at the town of Bastogne. When Gen. McAuliffe was offered the option to surrender, his response was simply "Nuts," which Jake's grandfather said meant "Go to Hell."

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yes, this right here. Sorry I did not find it, hence my thread being locked. But yeah, the cliffhanger made me a very sad person.

oh god part of me hopes they keep it going for a few more seasons, but another part of me is worried that with the direction they are taking the series, it won't last that long.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm pretty sure there's nowhere in Kansas where you can see mountains like that.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Season 1 is playing on sci-fi right now. I saw the name around the forums, but didn't pay much attention to it.

I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff.

MKR on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    what about deez nuts?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Shepherd PieShepherd Pie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Artreus wrote: »
    Yes, this right here. Sorry I did not find it, hence my thread being locked. But yeah, the cliffhanger made me a very sad person.

oh god part of me hopes they keep it going for a few more seasons, but another part of me is worried that with the direction they are taking the series, it won't last that long.

I heard they had to condense the overall story so if it's cancelled there can still be some sort of closure.

Shepherd Pie on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jerichosquadpic1.jpg

Dadouw on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    shit, if starfuck approves i might actually like this

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    9e3f1290-ba7d-4550-85d1-9d638d8f4161.jpg

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's got a funky time slot, 10pm, I guess so they don't have to compete with American Idol.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    and damn you starfuck for choosing that title because now most of the replies will consist solely of wrestling and/or testicular jokes.

Seriously though folks it is a wonderful show.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All these ball jokes are making me testy

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Seamen testing the waters.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    SO UHH, that hawkins guy is actually one of my favorite characters... I just wish his default facial expression was not just him scowling and looking pissed off all the damn time.

Also the main character's mouth hangs open a lot and he always looks retarded. But when his mouth is actually shut and he is doing something, he is pretty cool.

Artreus on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is on.

And the first ten minutes were so goddamn rad.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So what did I miss between the last episode shown on Sci-Fi and now?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    God damnit, I missed it. I had to work and I missed it. But oh well, there are other ways of watching it but still. I wanted to be there with my nielsen box or however the fuck they make sure people are watching and show my support for the show.

Artreus on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm really tempted to watch this show, but honestly I have too many to keep up on already (Lost and BSG). I will probably wait until one day when all the DVD's are out and watch them in a mararthon of some kind.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So how was it?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to watch this show, but honestly I have too many to keep up on already (Lost and BSG). I will probably wait until one day when all the DVD's are out and watch them in a mararthon of some kind.

No you can't do that. Those shows are super popular and will keep running for sure. Jericho's life is hanging in the balance, depending on whether or not a lot of people watch it. Honestly I have not been hearing anything about it outside of this thread so my hopes for it getting a third season are slim to none.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

No you can't do that. Those shows are super popular and will keep running for sure. Jericho's life is hanging in the balance, depending on whether or not a lot of people watch it. Honestly I have not been hearing anything about it outside of this thread so my hopes for it getting a third season are slim to none.

I MUST watch it?

Are you saying it is imperative for me to watch it? Lest these actors, writers, prop-makers and editors are forced to look for more work?

MOTHER OF GOD

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited February 2008

I MUST watch it?

Are you saying it is imperative for me to watch it? Lest these actors, writers, prop-makers and editors are forced to look for more work?

MOTHER OF GOD

I know, right?

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    that was pretty cool
    that blonde chick was from John From Cinni
    she was hot on that show

also
    Skeet Ulrich is pulling some crazy eyes, I might need to pull some JakeFaces

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    15097450-15097453-large.jpg
    OHNOES!

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    jakeWHA.jpg
    jakeWHA2.jpg

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ugh god. Seriously hate that dude's face when it is like that, which is 80% of the time.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well I'd watch the show but I don't believe in having cable so I only pick one or two shows to watch at various neighbors/ex-girlfriend's houses.

So i don't know if I can fit in another show.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    So Jericho last night

that prez looks like a weenie
    and damnit Jake
    cut it with the crazy eyes dawg

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options