Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

nVidia 8800GT 512 Deal

jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security DeputyRegistered User regular
For those of you with a Microcenter nearby, for the rest of this month they have EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB cards for $219.99 in store. No rebates, no catch. The "Superclocked" version is just $10 more.

I've been watching the GT's prices, and this is the lowest I've seen. No one else comes close.

If there's not a Microcenter nearby, they have them available on their site plus about 6 bucks shipping.

Just a heads up for those looking to get this great card.

jonxp on
Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneering!

• DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    STEAM GIFTS 4 U: Nuclear Dawn (Steam gift)
    and Operation Flashpoint: Red River code to trade/sell
    and Halo: Reach code
    and Portal 2 code
  • imperial6imperial6 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    That's...that's Canadian monies.

edit: I see their US site has similar pricing. Mail-in rebates are a pain but those are still good deals.

• ZxerolZxerol The fullest, most luscious beard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    imperial6 wrote: »

edit: I see their US site has similar pricing. Mail-in rebates are a pain but those are still good deals.

I was about to say, "Man, that's CAD? It must be even cheaper in USD!"

Then I remembered a Canadian buck is now worth more than a US greenback. :(

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Deputy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

After working in certain sectors for as long as I did, I do not factor in a mail in rebate as part of the price, but that's just me personally. Other people probably like them, and that's a better deal in that case.

Also, I like eVga, but that is also a personal preference.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneering!
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Never ever count mail-in rebates as a discount on the price. You're assuming you actually get and deposit the rebate check 6 months in the future after you meticulously peel off the UPC and stick it in a godforsaken envelope along with some long form and a purchase order.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I always get my MIRs.

It's just a matter of documenting everything before you fire it off. I find a photo with everything laid out that will go into the envelope works wonders.

Then of course follow up after a bit and make sure you get it.

Yes they're annoying as hell and should be done away with forever.

STEAM GIFTS 4 U: Nuclear Dawn (Steam gift)
    and Operation Flashpoint: Red River code to trade/sell
    and Halo: Reach code
    and Portal 2 code