As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mastering Software

davidbarrydavidbarry Registered User regular
So my baqndmates and I are recording a demo tomorrow, and we haven't quite decided how we'll do the final mastering. What I'm looking for here is, in the case of us doing it ourselves (a few of us are in audio production courses at Humber College in Toronto), I'd just like to here some suggestions as to what some of the top mastering software suites are like, and what you recommend we go with.

davidbarry.jpg
davidbarry on

• Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Holy hell do I ever love Ozone. It has lots of nice tools all in one place. If you guys need any help, feel free to PM me. I would even consider doing a few tracks for you pro bono.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seconding Ozone. We used it for our last two releases. It can really help you achieve any overall sound you're looking for. For example, on the last one we did we were looking for a "cold" sound and we were able to get it, this time around, we were looking for a much warmer sound, and bam, Ozone had it.

We tried using it two different ways, as part of the master effects channel on the mix itself so it was part of the mixdown, and we'd mixdown and then apply the master effects to the recording. Different sounding results using the same settings, so play with both.

Bolthorn on