As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comic Book Cover Paintings/Prints/etc..

hushhush Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Graphic Violence
Hello friends -

I'm looking for something that is driving me crazy because I can't phrase it correctly to get google to find it for me:

There used to be a place down here (orange county) that would take comic book covers (or pages, or whatever the hell you wanted) and would slap em on canvas and turn it into a blown up painting or something like it. Now that I've come into a lil cash, there are definitely a few covers that I would love to have blown up in this manner (mmm Fables covers), but I can't find this freakin' place anymore.

If anybody knows of a place online, or somewhere in southern california within reasonable driving distance, I would love to know.

Thanks for the help in advance

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
hush on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This sounds neat, but would it be legal?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would've imagined it would be, since the comic store that was offering the service had been doing it for a good amount of time (at least a couple years from when I'd first heard of them) - who knows though, maybe that's the reason I can't find them anymore - heh.

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Do you have Kinkos on the left coast?
    I would imagine it to be expensive, but they should have technology to do it.

muninn on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Did they repaint it, or just blow up the image? If it's the latter, a Kinkos can easily provide that service, but be warned that a lot of good images at that size don't look so hot when really enlarged.

Mr Pink on