As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uwe Boll's Origin Movie? Far Cry the Movie Trailer

IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Games and Technology
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30630.html

General Guy: "Your saying you can't control him? Your making brainless monsters!!!!"

This line from the trailer has convinced me that this the movie is actually about the origin of the entity known as Uwe Boll.

My favorite part of the trailer?

Girl: is that your gun?
Guy: oh ho....
D:

Alador239.png
IShallRiseAgain on

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man if anything this dude does not take a vacation. God damn director workaholic

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    At least this trailer made me chuckle once or twice. I got a huge late 80's Van Damme vibe from the whole thing, which makes sense considering the game stars his digital twin.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I bet if Uwe Boll sold his movies to the Sci-Fi channel he'd make a lot more money.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    And strangely given the source material the typical Uwe Boll "random crap thrown in" mentality might actual fit!

No offense to Far Cry... exactly... it was just really damned random.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "Some Guy You've Never Heard of is...JACK CARVER!"

Also, YURI!

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Til...what have you done??

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is one of those movies that ends up on USA Network at 3am and you change the channel 15 seconds into it.

So yeah, a Van Damme movie.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I did not know Uwe Bolle was doing a Far Cry movie. The whole time I was watching this trailer I was trying to convince myself that this was a joke.

Then I had to check IMDB to confirm.

I cannot believe this is real.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ...and I had such respect for Til Schweiger after his portrayal of fictional open wheel driver Beau Brandenburg in the movie Driven, also starring Sylvester Stallone and Burt Reynolds.

Well, not really.

But that abomination of a movie seems Oscar-worthy compared to this.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The man has come across an IP where his particular brand of directorial ungenius fits perfectly. I watched that and thought, hey, it's Farcry.
    I mean, there's nothing he can do to destroy Farcry. Farcry was about it's combat. It is completely impossible to destroy its plot or universe, because it had none worth mentioning.
    So, make some shit up, throw lots of Farcry style action and explosions into it, maybe a bit of melee. Viola. Farcry.
    Don't pretend it was anything but.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So, make some shit up, throw lots of Farcry style action and explosions into it, maybe a bit of melee.

The shirt, man. You forgot to mention the shirt.

FireWeasel on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This one might be funny in a crappy movie kinda way... right?

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    Man if anything this dude does not take a vacation. God damn director workaholic
    Seriously. How many movies does he shit out a year?

I need to move to Germany, because whatever tax loophole he is abusing is solid fucking gold.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Well lets not go over the top...

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's missing a few things.

1. There aren't any Trigen. No Trigen with rocket launchers, none that turn invisible...

2. Where the fuck did his bright ass red shirt go?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The man has come across an IP where his particular brand of directorial ungenius fits perfectly. I watched that and thought, hey, it's Farcry.
    I mean, there's nothing he can do to destroy Farcry. Farcry was about it's combat. It is completely impossible to destroy its plot or universe, because it had none worth mentioning.
    So, make some shit up, throw lots of Farcry style action and explosions into it, maybe a bit of melee. Viola. Farcry.

I agree completely, and I was just about to post something similar. For once, I think Uwe Boll is the perfect director for the job. Far Cry was so cheesy and lame and shallow, in terms of storytelling, that "staying true to the spirit of the game" should be matter of rote for Boll.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Yeah, while it's not one I'd go and watch, to be honest, it kinda looked like Far Cry. Some scenes he did seem to borrow from the game, but there still looked like a fair few grabbed from his assbag.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wait, I thought Far Cry took place on a tropical island, not in the middle of the fucking woods.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

1. There aren't any Trigen. No Trigen with rocket launchers, none that turn invisible...

2. Where the fuck did his bright ass red shirt go?

So, we get Uwe Boll to create a mod for FarCry that does the same things for the game that he did for the movie, and we get a better game.

Wa-hey! :lol:

citizen059 on
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

That'd require a budget over $100.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TVs_Frank wrote: »

I'm just saying, if you want to be Far Cry - you need to go the extra mile rather than just claiming that a guy that is just a little larger than your average soldier is some kind of genetic monstrosity.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    how is he still making movies? I thought germany closed that loop hole.

Hibiki on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hibiki wrote: »
    how is he still making movies? I thought germany closed that loop hole.

While his movies tend to do horribly in theaters in the US, they usually turn a fair profit in DVD sales.

Believe it or not, he does make money.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    They actually used music from Batman Beings in a Uwe Boll trailer. That's... unforgiveable.

Oh Don S. Davis, what have you stooped to? You will always be General Hammond to me...

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NOOOOOOOO! UWE BOLL, WHY?

You're going to ruin Don S. Davis now, too! I love Don S. Davis. :(

The trailer makes it look like a movie from the '80s. The soundtrack, effects, lines... so bad.

Edit: "Is that your gun?" UGH. MOTHER FUCKING UGH.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    They actually used music from Batman Beings in a Uwe Boll trailer. That's... unforgiveable.

Is that some Usual Suspects music too? Uwe Boll can suck the fattest zit on my ass.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is it just me or did that have nothing at all to do with Farcry.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Wait, I thought Far Cry took place on a tropical island, not in the middle of the fucking woods.
    Seriously, how could they fuck this up? When he dove into the water in one scene, it looked like he was in the middle of Canada taking a dip in a lake.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Seriously, how could they fuck this up? When he came up from the water in one scene, it looked like he was in the middle of Canada taking a dip in a lake.

Protip: Filming in Toronto is cheaper than in Panama.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Seriously, how could they fuck this up? When he came up from the water in one scene, it looked like he was in the middle of Canada taking a dip in a lake.

Well, obviously, but they could've done something to hide the fact. I mean, it's one thing to do the Stargate thing and make all the alien planets look like Canada, but we know what tropical jungle looks like, and it does not look like pine trees.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    TVs_Frank wrote: »

I'm just saying, if you want to be Far Cry - you need to go the extra mile rather than just claiming that a guy that is just a little larger than your average soldier is some kind of genetic monstrosity.

This is Uwe Boll we're talking about. Going that extra mile is the polar opposite of his specialty.

FireWeasel on
  • Options
    KeptinKeptin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hope Uwe Boll gets the rights to a Zelda movie. Then I can say he raped and pillaged my childhood memories. The phrase "He raped my teenage memories" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Side note - the man has an absolute UNCANNY ability to make his moving look cheap. It isn't hard to make something look professional with a HD Cam nowadays. Everything Boll does just looks... cheap. It is one thing to say his movies are bad - they are - but that can be attributed to poor acting, poor writing...etc...etc... But the direction, the cinematography - Boll has managed to distill the feeling of getting a rectal exam and put it into a visual medium.

Keptin on
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Someone please buy the rights to a Fallout movie so he doesn't ruin one of my favorite backstories.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

filming in toronto is actually quite expensive and there are no lakes or forests in toronto so.

Angry on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    First: "Based on the best selling video game." I think we all know that by now.

Second: I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Uwe Boll is my hero, and he's one of my favourite directors going. Sandwiched between the Coen brothers and Stephen Chow.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Well, obviously, but they could've done something to hide the fact. I mean, it's one thing to do the Stargate thing and make all the alien planets look like Canada, but we know what tropical jungle looks like, and it does not look like pine trees.
    I don't even really care at all as I have never played Far Cry and probably will not see this movie, I just thought it was a bit odd.

Then again I suppose there probably weren't very many dungeons under siege in his most recent movie.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Angry wrote: »

filming in toronto is actually quite expensive and there are no lakes or forests in toronto so.

Whatever, Canada's all the same. Everywhere 1) Likes moose 2) Has Canadians 3) Puts French on their labels.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Then again I suppose there probably weren't very many dungeons under siege in his most recent movie.

To be fair, there weren't a lot of dungeon sieges in the games either.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    PieManPieMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    312.jpg

:D

PieMan on
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Secret US military experiments somewhere in Canada is a far cry from mad scientist with an army of mercenaries on an island in the south Pacific IMO.

Grudge on