As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tile Graphics for DS Game?

TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So...
I'm making a DS game right now (with my spare time), and I need some background tiles for an Advance Wars type strategy game.
Background tiles like "plains" or "mountain" and stuff like that, so I can make a map.
Does anybody have a link to maybe a free resources page? Somewhere that I could find some tiles I could use because I'm not too good an artist, and I could go for anything right now.

BinghamtonUniversity.png
I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
TheGreat2nd on

• Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Background tiles can't be that hard, especially at Advance Wars' resolution. I'm not advocating copying, but if you just boot up Advance Wars and look closely at how they created those tiles, you can understand how they did it and make something simliar. They really just use 3 or 4 colors, and the only complicated part is handling the edges.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    To be a bit more specific, I suck at creating atmospheric outer space background tiles.
    Asteroids, star fields, and the like.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]