As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BYOC: Where....?

leafleaf Registered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Edited and condensed for anyone else who is curious. Please lock if there is no more pertinent information to add right now.

Where is the BYOC going to be this year? There are various rumours.
BYOC will be in the Meydenbauer Center. No worries.

When/where can we register for this?
The BYOPC will in fact be an option this year, but will be a separate registration, as will all tournaments. Keep an eye on the forums as well as your inbox in the upcoming weeks for the link.

newsig-notweed.jpg
leaf on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    leaf wrote:
    Where is the BYOC going to be this year? I have been looking, and unless I am looking in the entirely wrong spots, I do not see it.

I was actually wanting to bring my new pc this year, but if it is going to be in a hotel, I am not so sure about that (not so sure as in stuff 'walking off' or whatever, especially if it is not going to be directly inside the centre.)
    But the Meydenbauer isn't big enough to hold what PAX has become: this year, it will take up space in three separate hotels, with unprecedented space for LAN gaming, tabletop, and console play.

It sounds like it's being placed in one of the hotels...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    My guess is it will be in the same room as last time cause it worked out really well ;)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I don't think it'll be 24 hours due to security requirements and power requirements. Securitywise, it would have to be staffed/volunteered overnight and I don't think anybody would want to stay up all night. The guys looked pretty bored as it was during the daytime!

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    The guys looked pretty bored as it was during the daytime!

Thats because after we got everything set up there was nothing else to do but watch the door and manage the freeplay area. The LPNW guys (people running the BYOC) were able to sit and play games since there were no problems with any of the servers, network, or power.
    Me and my security were just sitting and BS'ing while checking badges and checking newcommers in.

Our boredom also spawned the videogame trivia on the projector I had, the guess the obsecure game thing from a screenshot, the AMD swag giveaway (w00t PAX!), and me pimping my computer chair to various people :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2006

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2006

Awesome! And this time, I'm bringing my La-Z-boy recliner:
    37945-n_010901_lazyboy.jpg

No more buttaches for me!

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    er... that might be just a tad too big considering there will be limited space between the isles.

Plus im quite sure theres some firecode thing to an immoveable object in an isle.

BigRed on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    er... that might be just a tad too big considering there will be limited space between the isles.

Plus im quite sure theres some firecode thing to an immoveable object in an isle.
    That's the beauty of isles! They're surrounded by water on all sides, so even if there is a fire, you've got options!

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Fearghaill wrote:
    BigRed wrote:

That's the beauty of isles! They're surrounded by water on all sides, so even if there is a fire, you've got options!

/golfclap

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006

Yes! One final thing - how do I register to bring my pc in? I know previous years it was directly on the pre-registration to fill out, but do I just show up with my computer this year?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    leaf wrote:
    Yes! One final thing - how do I register to bring my pc in? I know previous years it was directly on the pre-registration to fill out, but do I just show up with my computer this year?

from another thread....
    The BYOPC will in fact be an option this year, but will be a separate registration, as will all tournaments. Keep an eye on the forums as well as your inbox in the upcoming weeks for the link.
    enjoy...

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde