As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 playing dvd's

Bwah?Bwah? Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi all once again I require knowledge!

Run-down: I OWN Die hard, live free or.... Anyways I was always curious about burning/ripping dvd's so I decided to give it a try. First I used dvd shrink to "rip" it onto my HDD, followed by the "backup option"- "burn using nero." The DVD+R burned successfully according to dvd shirnk. I put the freshly burned DVD into my Laptop cd tray- VLC thenpopped up and played it.

After my successful test on the laptop I turned on my 360 and put the burnt DVD in. The console loads up as usual- but instead of playing the movie I get a white screen with the xbox logo.

Is this some anti-piracy installment? If this is the case I understand and wont fight it but, I know several people who can do this successfully. Did I overlook a burning method or small encoding? Thanks for the help guys.

MGSsig.jpg
Bwah? on

• Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My Xbox can play DVD-Rs, so I'm not sure why yours doesn't.

tardcore on
  • Options
    Rotting MeatRotting Meat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Have you tried running the real DVD in the 360? I know my stupid thing won't play any DVD, as I'm running it through HDMI->DVI and it complains of the lack of secure HDCP connection.

Rotting Meat on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't think the 360 can play DVD+R's, only DVD-R's

Could be completely full of shit though. Try a different kind of disc?

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sounds like an issue with the 360. I can't count the number of times i've gotten that white screen while trying to play a game on my 360.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The real thing works on my 360- I'm wondering if it's because I have a theatrical and unrated version on the disc. I'd hate to try another movie on a new blank disc, considering I only have about 10 left.

Bwah? on
    MGSsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    bump for new week

Bwah? on
    MGSsig.jpg