As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Official PAX Countdown

AzioAzio Registered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Back by popular demand, it's the PAX Countdown!

http://www.penny-arcade-expo.com

Well, okay, I lied, there was no demand at all. But I did it anyways! I plan to revamp it when I have time, make it look nicer, not to mention download faster. I hope to eventually make it the portal for all things PAX, complete with photos and all relevant links, so please post your suggestions (and, of course, all other comments) below.

Azio on

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Would you've liked me to have demanded this? I would've demanded this. I think I was going to demand this.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Someone demanded it last year, I needed to work on my flash skillz, so I did it.

Azio on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    You should make the music and the countdown two seperate things...Or take the music out.

The countdown should load instantaneously...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    You should make the music and the countdown two seperate things...Or take the music out.

The countdown should load instantaneously...
    I'll work on that tomorrow.

Azio on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I am so keeping this open on one of my monitors :D

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    220 days? Really? Damn.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    How can I set it so it's my background and it runs constantly. I remember doing this for Guild Wars but I can't remember how.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Make it a konfabulator widget

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Would you've liked me to have demanded this? I would've demanded this. I think I was going to demand this.

Okay, but that still leaves us without "popular".

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Daric wrote:
    How can I set it so it's my background and it runs constantly. I remember doing this for Guild Wars but I can't remember how.
    Active Desktop?

Azio on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Heh, I did a similar thing on my frontpage. Of course it's just a php call rather than flash, but it keeps me (almost) satisfied.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    desktopsmall.JPG

I r teh happy :D

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    How did you do that!? I've been trying to figure it out but I can't.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    the way i did it (wich may or may not be the best/right way to do it) is:
    right click on your desktop
    and click properties
    pic1.JPG

click the desktop tab
    pic2.JPG

click customize desktop
    pic3.JPG

since the page most likely isn't on your list here you'll want to click on new
    pic4.JPG

and then enter the url in the space provided in the new popup, clcik ok
    pic4-5.JPG

and then check the page you want on your desktop from the list and click ok,
    pic4.JPG

then click ok on the display properties box.

you may get something that looks like this
    pic5.JPG

click this icon and it will go full screen
    pic6.JPG

and ther you have it

edit: i should also note that while this is on your desktop, right clciking on any part of the "page" will bring up the standard web pages options.
    so if you want to get your right click destop options while this is in full screen you'll want to move your cursor to the top and click on the restore button to reveal your normal desktop . . .

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I've removed the music entirely pending the creation of the new version.

Azio on
  • Options
    FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    You should really make it a Mac widget because well, by the time PAX '06 is finally here everyone will have "switched" anyway. :P

FTV on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:
    You should really make it a Mac widget because well, by the time PAX '06 is finally here everyone will have "switched" anyway. :P
    nope

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:

:roll:

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:
    I'd prefer to keep it platform-agnostic.

Azio on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:

frankie, my mom has a mac, and as much as it works for homework, i would rather burn in a fiery hell and eat things that shouldn't be eaten before i switched from PC to mac. pc forever.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    FTV wrote:

frankie, my mom has a mac, and as much as it works for homework, i would rather burn in a fiery hell and eat things that shouldn't be eaten before i switched from PC to mac. pc forever.
    What kind of things would you eat exactly? :winky:

FTV on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Is there supposed to be music? I hear no music.

It should play The Final Countdown.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Is there supposed to be music? I hear no music.

It should play The Final Countdown.

Yes.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    213 Days is such a depressing number.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

...sorry for the borface moment, but for the love of all that is good and right in the world, why!?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    FTV wrote:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

...sorry for the borface moment, but for the love of all that is good and right in the world, why!?

WINDOWS IS AWESOME!

FTV on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    FTV wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    FTV wrote:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

WINDOWS IS AWESOME!

I never said that, but the "switch" ISN'T going to be to mac.... it will be to linux, yo.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png