Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New Comic - Feb. 18, 2008

• yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2008
    me and framling

we out

ssseeee.gif
  • StavrenStavren Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Framling wrote: »
    Well, that doesn't actually explain anything in my mind, but this conversation is boring, so whatever.

This is the nature of thread discussions.

Length is proportional to boredom.

Bitch-ass stav is on my d, i-c-k
  • Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    me and framling

we out

Framling and I, you mean.

he'll get you with that grammar stuff.

4445.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    And the film clearly indicates Boba Fett being killed.
    Actually, what it clearly indicates is Boba Fett falling in. Considering death by Sarlacc is also clearly indicated to be much less than instant, he could have spent a decent while being not-dead before blasting his way out.

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Actually, what it clearly indicates is Boba Fett falling in. Considering death by Sarlacc is also clearly indicated to be much less than instant, he could have spent a decent while being not-dead before blasting his way out.

No, dead! Just because he was a popular character doesn't mean he isn't dead.

Goddamn it, you nerds, he died in the movie, stop writing your horrible fanfics about some character of a mediocre sci-fi movie.

2mong9u.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Good job, potu

elevating the level of discourse around here

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    PotU wrote: »

Goddamn it, you nerds, he died in the movie, stop writing your horrible fanfics about some character of a mediocre sci-fi movie.

He was clearly meant to die, it was Lucas' intention that he die, and I cite this video again. What Stiller and Vaughn are doing in there? That's what you're doing.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    oh my fucking god I hate each and every one of you so fucking much

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    EVEN ME RANK

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    ESPECIALLY YOU, MAYBE

edited February 2008
    oh my fucking god I hate each and every one of you so fucking much

Don't worry. You can see by the fact that we're arguing about Star Wars that we hate ourselves, too.

I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited February 2008
    PotU wrote: »

He was clearly meant to die, it was Lucas' intention that he die, and I cite this video again. What Stiller and Vaughn are doing in there? That's what you're doing.

Exactly.

2mong9u.jpg
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Eh, I read the Bounty Hunter Trilogy books long before I cared whether he died or lived. So he gets out and it all fits together easily enough.
    Although not his original intent, George Lucas has stated that he has "no problem" with fans and writers having Fett survive, and for the 2004 DVD version of Return of the Jedi he reveals in the commentary that he considered adding a shot where Fett escapes the Sarlacc. Lucas confesses that had he known Boba Fett would become so popular, he would have given him a more spectacular death back in 1983. Lucas explains that he eventually decided against the new shot because at that point in the movie, the main point of focus is the death of Jabba the Hutt, and he felt that the 'resurrection' of Fett would draw away from that.

If that shot had gone in the film, would it have made a difference?

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
    edited February 2008
    Eh, I read the Bounty Hunter Trilogy books long before I cared whether he died or lived. So he gets out and it all fits together easily enough.
    Although not his original intent, George Lucas has stated that he has "no problem" with fans and writers having Fett survive, and for the 2004 DVD version of Return of the Jedi he reveals in the commentary that he considered adding a shot where Fett escapes the Sarlacc. Lucas confesses that had he known Boba Fett would become so popular, he would have given him a more spectacular death back in 1983. Lucas explains that he eventually decided against the new shot because at that point in the movie, the main point of focus is the death of Jabba the Hutt, and he felt that the 'resurrection' of Fett would draw away from that.

Does not matter. What does matter is that the original RotJ shows him dying. Lucas decided against the "resurrection" shot, and even said that he simply would've given him a "more spectacular death" if he had known how popular the character was to become. Even that is moot, however; the character dies in the film, it's fucking obvious from watching the film, and right there you have backed up that Lucas' intention as of the publishing of the film was that the character dies. End of story.

• RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I had two paragraphs discussing this, but then I realized I would be discussing Star Wars on an Internet Forum and decided that just wasn't where I wanted to go.

Raneados wrote: »
    so what SPECIFICALLY is the problem with my hole?
    edited February 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »

I had two paragraphs discussing this, but then I realized I would be discussing Star Wars on an Internet Forum and decided that just wasn't where I wanted to go.

TOO LATE YOU ARE ALREADY HERE AND THINKING ABOUT IT

Just because you don't post it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in your mind.

• SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So we all agree that when Fett appears in the EU it is one of his clones?

iq16sKi.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    I agree that this is the dumbest fucking argument.
    The dumbest.
    Stop it. You should all be ashamed.

edited February 2008
    You're really not in the position to say that.

2mong9u.jpg
    edited February 2008
    Listen
    When I think that something is stupid, it probably is.
    I'm an expert on retarded shit.

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Listen
    When I think that something is stupid, it probably is.
    I'm an expert on retarded shit.

Idiocy doesn't work that way.

nHu0VJL.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
    edited February 2008
    Shhh they don't need to know that.

edited February 2008
    All I'm saying is they'd just need a lot of pre-distressed mandalorian armor and they're all set.

iq16sKi.png
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ness445 wrote: »
    me and framling

we out

No, he's doing it intentionally and knowingly. This is simply an example of bidialectism. He is able to build formations that are internally consistent with the rules and schema of an informal vernacular dialect of English.

Man, I'm not an absolute prescriptivcist.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    me and framling

we out

No, he's doing it intentionally and knowingly. This is simply an example of bidialectism. He is able to build formations that are internally consistent with the rules and schema of an informal vernacular dialect of English.

could you get me a deal on allergy medicine

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    edited February 2008
    That is a big fucking word.

edited February 2008
    No, intercourse is a big fucking word.

emotawesome.gif

nHu0VJL.png
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    me and framling

we out

could you get me a deal on allergy medicine

I can hook you up with some benadryl.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited February 2008
    Intercourse is not a oooooh

2mong9u.jpg
  • jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    wait wait wait.

wait... so... you're telling me they made some book where Chewie dies like 20 years before Star Wars takes place?

the fuck is that?

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ... what?

Spoiler:
    edited February 2008
    20 years after.

iq16sKi.png
    edited February 2008

that's a quality joke you got there, son

edited February 2008

that's a quality joke you got there, son

thanks, it felt good when I was making it

nHu0VJL.png
    edited February 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    wait wait wait.

wait... so... you're telling me they made some book where Chewie dies like 20 years before Star Wars takes place?

the fuck is that?

Crushed by a moon, isn't it?

2mong9u.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Defender. You hurt my brain with your idiotic rambling at this point. Honestly, you're a brick wall of stupid right now, you usually aren't this bad, but it's almost like you're being a stubborn douchebag on purpose.

I'm just going to say this: it's not obvious that Boba Fett is dead, and the fact that there was a possible scene that Lucas had envisioned where Fett survives is important to this fact.

Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    edited February 2008
    Defender. You hurt my brain with your idiotic rambling at this point. Honestly, you're a brick wall of stupid right now, you usually aren't this bad, but it's almost like you're being a stubborn douchebag on purpose.

I'm just going to say this: it's not obvious that Boba Fett is dead, and the fact that there was a possible scene that Lucas had envisioned where Fett survives is important to this fact.

Munkus, your absolute refusal to admit that the Ring was destroyed is the brick wall of stupid here.

Lucas himself said that he had considered having Fett survive, but then decided against it. He said that Fett died in that scene. He said that that was his intention as of the moment when the film was released. The fact that you want more of the guy in the cool armor doesn't change the fact that he CLEARLY was killed in that scene, even though you didn't actually see him die on camera and then be pronounced dead by a panel of 12 highly-reputed space coroners.

EDIT: Seriously, you know what else? Lucas didn't write that Mara Jade was supposed to kill Luke there. Lucas didn't write that the emperor made clone-tanks of himself all over the place. There's a lot of shit that Lucas did not write that the EU did. Jesus, Lucas gave us a universe with FOUR Jedi in it, (five counting Luke, but Obi-Wan died before he became one, so I'm sticking with "four") and then the EU has "oops wait there's this other secret dark jedi overlord master over here that nobody knew about" about fifty times.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You mean....wait...that Defender...might be doing that on purpose?

39kEWYh.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is anyone else excited over what Defender might argue about next New Comic Thread?

Spoiler:
This discussion has been closed.