As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

N+ coming to XBLA

123457»

• OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I downloaded and seriously played the original N for the PC a few years ago. I think i had 6 or 7 columns done out of 10 - I know I had the white ninja. I gave up not because I couldn't keep going, but because it required such a great effort to keep going and i was getting bored.

I don't have a 360, but If i did I would be all over N+. I watched some of the levels you guys were talking about, and believe me, those are cake in comparison to some levels on the PC version.
    Ever heard of Mother Thumping Impossible?

Here's a vid of a completion of MTI. For better replays, download the PC N and go to the highscores for 88-4. Also, major props to Hylianbunny for managing to complete everything :) .

This thread inspired me to start playing N again, although I don't have my old data anymore. I blasted through columns 1 and 2 in short order. Also, I found this great add-on which adds another 500 user levels to N called N Reality, with its own highscores and everything. It should keep me going for a while.

Yes, the 360 version is generally much easier than the PC version. (My mental response when you said you beat 6 or 7 columns out of 10 was something like "dear Lord, holy shit". That's dedication, man. Props.)

I don't think any of the levels in the 360 version are quite as bad as the one you linked above, but a few of the hardest ones come fairly close. Hell, at least that's linear, I hate backtracking so much, and the 360 levels are filled with that crap where you have to go all the way to the end to hit the switch and then run all the way back to the beginning to get out.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hope there is a patch for multiplayer lag before they go selling DLC. :(

Also level sharing would be GREAT. I've made 3 episodes so far but it's such a pain to share them. And since you have to play multiplayer to share them, some of the levels don't work quite right.

Akinos on
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Stuck in Traffic, as played by someone not all that funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lefOHUzzZ8A

It was hell. HELL.

I've done it though at last.

Even the guy with the top score didn't manage it that fast. I'm ranked about 1308 which is pretty pathetic.
    34-4 wasn't as hard as it was tedious. It just wasn't very fun. I probably spent more time on Hail of Gunfire but I was having a good time.

1308 out of 70000 is pretty good.

FreddyD on
    edited March 2008
    Anyone done Life Support in the co-op campaign? I'm pretty sure it's impossible with the rocket lag. :(

Akinos on
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Akinos wrote: »
    Anyone done Life Support in the co-op campaign? I'm pretty sure it's impossible with the rocket lag. :(
    You need to get two people to rush the missle turret at the same time.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Blue map wrote: »

Or, alternatively, one person to distract the rocket into and around the open area while the second person runs to get the switch.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ever heard of Mother Thumping Impossible?

Here's a vid of a completion of MTI. For better replays, download the PC N and go to the highscores for 88-4. Also, major props to Hylianbunny for managing to complete everything :) .

Nothing compares to MTI. Nothing. If you can finish that level, you can do any level. :lol:

Honestly, the most irritating thing with MTI is that it's placed at the very end of that episode; once you reach it, you either have to complete it or play through the first four levels first - and they aren't exactly easy ones either.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2008
    DeathPrawn wrote: »

Or, alternatively, one person to distract the rocket into and around the open area while the second person runs to get the switch.

Didn't think of having both players rush in. It seemed to be designed to be completed with one character running around up top with a rocket chasing them, but the rocket starts to lag and skip forward faster and faster until it hits something.

Guess we will try the other way, thanks!

Akinos on
  • GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DeathPrawn wrote: »

Didn't think of having both players rush in. It seemed to be designed to be completed with one character running around up top with a rocket chasing them, but the rocket starts to lag and skip forward faster and faster until it hits something.

Guess we will try the other way, thanks!

I didn't think it was possible to distract - not because of actual lag, but (at least from my experience) after like 30 seconds of following me the rocket will start wigging out and explode, so you can't possibly distract it for long enough (is that due to lag? I've had it happen on single player levels as well iirc)

but yeah, a friend and I finally beat that by having one of us distract the rocket for one circle around, then both jumping down past the switch at the same time, and then one suiciding in front of the other towards the door... we had to do it twice due to the game not unlocking right, and both times it was a split-second success getting to the door... :)

Gdiguy on
    edited March 2008
    Yeah the "wigging out" is the "lag" I was referring to. Whatever it is it's awful and must be bug because it doesn't happen in single player.

To make matters worse, I had just poured a ton of time into a coop level based around missiles and it doesn't work at all because of the same issue. :(

Akinos on
  • Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I still can't get over that some people are playing this for high score. If I complete a set then I'm happy. Done 27 episodes so far.

Doubt I'll buy more levels. But I damn well hope the free update includes level sharing.

Lave II on
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm just surprised that I'm in the top 200 or so and I haven't even done the last 10 episodes. And it's not like I'm doing each level perfectly either; there have been plenty of levels where I've just said, "Forget this!" and gone straight for the exit ignoring most of the gold.

RainbowDespair on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just played the demo of this, tons of fun. I love the music that goes along with it.

projectmayhem on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I suck so hardcore at this game.
    Playing online makes me ashamed.
    But I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best ways to waste 10, 20, 45 minutes ever.

Local H Jay on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just beat 14-4. I can die happy now.

Samphis on
  • Final_BossFinal_Boss Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Samphis wrote: »
    I just beat 14-4. I can die happy now.
    I know the feeling, that level almost sent me into a baby punching frenzy...

Final_Boss on
    360 & Steam: InfinityPrime
    PSN: Infinity_Prime
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow...that was hard to find this thread. Damned search unable to search less than 3 letters...

Anyone else pick up N+ for the DS? It feels...so different. The physics are so off. Is still fun, but is much much easier.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    Wow...that was hard to find this thread. Damned search unable to search less than 3 letters...

Anyone else pick up N+ for the DS? It feels...so different. The physics are so off. Is still fun, but is much much easier.

Nope, but I was thinking of picking it up for the psp, any word on that version?

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I still can't find out if it's available in EU for PSP.

ben0207 on