Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Champions online!

2456762

Posts

  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    what was the last cel-shaded mmo? wasn't it that failed social, no combat mmo that released with zero content?

    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I just read the GameInformer article.

    Gentlemen, we are all so terribly fucked. Pack in as much social living as you can in 2008 because when Champions launches sometime in '09 life as we know it is officially over.

    Just some highlights off the top of my head that wasn't on their webpage:

    -Actual loot based system, don't like the way the awesome new loot you just acquired looks? Modify it! Still don't like it? Turn off its visual identity but keep the effects.

    -Tired of your current Nemesis? Defeat him soundly enough and you can create a new one.

    -Choose your own animations so your robot moves like a mechanical being would or your Werewolf runs on all fours.

    -Lots of cut scenes with spoken dialogue.

    -Huge variety of locations with missions from a few minutes to hour long.

    -Traps! As in at least somewhat interactive environments.

    -Other stuff I'll add later! Playing CoX now.

    oh, and the game isn't cell shaded. The outline of the figures have a cell shaded look to them but the actual textures have bump mapping and other stuff so it isn't true cell shading...it is more advanced.

  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'll try not to get too excited, CoX alpha had some exciting stuff that didn't work out after all.


    Sweetness, though.

  • PbPb Registered User
    edited February 2008
    It sounds interesting, if they can do it. But class-based point-buy characters? At least they got one part right.

  • UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User
    edited February 2008
    The first MMO to successfully employ real-time action combat will be an easy sell to me. Especially if it can fit nicely to the 360 gamepad.

    I enjoyed CoH in short segments (would have been better like Diablo than subscription based imo) and the same developers who have learned from their past game trying a new one doesn't bother me even if it's more similar than maybe it should be.

    ultrachrist2.png
  • MorithainMorithain Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    So I just read the GameInformer article.

    Gentlemen, we are all so terribly fucked. Pack in as much social living as you can in 2008 because when Champions launches sometime in '09 life as we know it is officially over.

    Just some highlights off the top of my head that wasn't on their webpage:

    -Actual loot based system, don't like the way the awesome new loot you just acquired looks? Modify it! Still don't like it? Turn off its visual identity but keep the effects.

    -Tired of your current Nemesis? Defeat him soundly enough and you can create a new one.

    -Choose your own animations so your robot moves like a mechanical being would or your Werewolf runs on all fours.

    -Lots of cut scenes with spoken dialogue.

    -Huge variety of locations with missions from a few minutes to hour long.

    -Traps! As in at least somewhat interactive environments.

    -Other stuff I'll add later! Playing CoX now.

    oh, and the game isn't cell shaded. The outline of the figures have a cell shaded look to them but the actual textures have bump mapping and other stuff so it isn't true cell shading...it is more advanced.

    This is why I'm excited about CO, Cryptic has learned a lot since CoH was released nearly 4 years ago, since they're making an MMO in a post-World of Warcraft world, it's a lot easier to determine what players will like.

    Blizzard really did show the world what an MMO could and should be, they introduced millions of people into the genre. Love it or hate it, Blizzard pretty much pointed people in the right direction and taught other companies what they were doing wrong. I'm not a Blizzard fanboy, but you can't argue that they have single-handedly caused the explosion of the genre over the last few years.

    That is to say, I'm not expecting CO to ever hit 10 million players, but Cryptic has definitely grown more knowledgeable about he genre as whole since CoX. Given that Jack Emmert even admitted that originally Cryptic felt that armor or costume pieces that gave you stats would be too much micro-management and wouldn't be something that players would want to deal with, which Blizzard proved wrong. Glad to see they're doing it in CO :)

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Wow, I'm loving the artstyle. Here's hoping Cryptic has learned it's lesson from CoH and builds the engine to support power (graphical) customization from the get-go. No pink pompoms of death this time around please.

    Will be interesting to see what NCNC will try to pull off here in 2008/9 to retain it's playerbase, as I can see a mass-migration from CoH to this that would make the WoW release seem like a minor hickup in comparison.

    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Morithain wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    So I just read the GameInformer article.

    Gentlemen, we are all so terribly fucked. Pack in as much social living as you can in 2008 because when Champions launches sometime in '09 life as we know it is officially over.

    Just some highlights off the top of my head that wasn't on their webpage:

    -Actual loot based system, don't like the way the awesome new loot you just acquired looks? Modify it! Still don't like it? Turn off its visual identity but keep the effects.

    -Tired of your current Nemesis? Defeat him soundly enough and you can create a new one.

    -Choose your own animations so your robot moves like a mechanical being would or your Werewolf runs on all fours.

    -Lots of cut scenes with spoken dialogue.

    -Huge variety of locations with missions from a few minutes to hour long.

    -Traps! As in at least somewhat interactive environments.

    -Other stuff I'll add later! Playing CoX now.

    oh, and the game isn't cell shaded. The outline of the figures have a cell shaded look to them but the actual textures have bump mapping and other stuff so it isn't true cell shading...it is more advanced.

    This is why I'm excited about CO, Cryptic has learned a lot since CoH was released nearly 4 years ago, since they're making an MMO in a post-World of Warcraft world, it's a lot easier to determine what players will like.

    Blizzard really did show the world what an MMO could and should be, they introduced millions of people into the genre. Love it or hate it, Blizzard pretty much pointed people in the right direction and taught other companies what they were doing wrong. I'm not a Blizzard fanboy, but you can't argue that they have single-handedly caused the explosion of the genre over the last few years.

    That is to say, I'm not expecting CO to ever hit 10 million players, but Cryptic has definitely grown more knowledgeable about he genre as whole since CoX. Given that Jack Emmert even admitted that originally Cryptic felt that armor or costume pieces that gave you stats would be too much micro-management and wouldn't be something that players would want to deal with, which Blizzard proved wrong. Glad to see they're doing it in CO :)


    I think the larger concern was tying appearance to stats, since it'd limit customization. From the games I've seen it didn't seem to be til later that games started putting in the option to turn off certain armor pieces yet keep the stats. The one thing CoX did definitly take for WoW though was including the numbers on everything rather than using "moderate" "high" etc.

  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Speicher, GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The first MMO to successfully employ real-time action combat will be an easy sell to me. Especially if it can fit nicely to the 360 gamepad.

    I have longed forever for a controller-using MMO, ever since PSO.

    From what I'm hearing so far, it's looking more and more like a Freedom Force kind of game, but online. I don't want that. They can go ahead and copy the MMO formula all day, but keep it classic looking. I'm not into playing superhero Diablo II.

    XBL: Mega Spooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A Super Hero MMO that isn't completely boring? Sign Me up!
    I read a great article by Emmert noting all the faults of CoH/V and it was like he was reading my mind.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17549

    its a pretty good read, I have some high expectations for this MMO, hopefully they can pull it off. One thing I'm wishing for is NO MORE ZONING, for the most part at least. If they can keep it down to about as much load times as WoW I'll be a happy camper.

    3jDBY.png
    (currently MIA)
  • PbPb Registered User
    edited February 2008
    The team renewed its "focus on the fan" that year, too: "No more nerfs... it was driving me nuts. I just couldn't take it anymore."

    Thank you NCSoft, for that mandate!

  • armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I dabbled a bit with CoX but there just didn't seem to be enough meat there. I really want some depth...need some depth to keep me playing longer than a month. I thought that CoX did what it did quite well...it just didn't do more.

  • korodullinkorodullin What. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The only thing that I can see possibly really fucking this game up is Geko, if he's part of the Champions team. I know he's still with Cryptic, but if he's still doing his behind-the-scenes fuckery, I dunno if I can contain my nerd rage.

    impale.png
  • PbPb Registered User
    edited February 2008
    korodullin wrote: »
    The only thing that I can see possibly really fucking this game up is Geko, if he's part of the Champions team. I know he's still with Cryptic, but if he's still doing his behind-the-scenes fuckery, I dunno if I can contain my nerd rage.

    I can't wait to hear about the first misplaced decimal point.

  • korodullinkorodullin What. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »
    The only thing that I can see possibly really fucking this game up is Geko, if he's part of the Champions team. I know he's still with Cryptic, but if he's still doing his behind-the-scenes fuckery, I dunno if I can contain my nerd rage.

    I can't wait to hear about the first misplaced decimal point.

    Or the internal testing servers that are running powerset-related code so radically different that it may as well be a different game.

    impale.png
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    -Actual loot based system, don't like the way the awesome new loot you just acquired looks? Modify it! Still don't like it? Turn off its visual identity but keep the effects.


    Oh my God this. This is something that bugs me about practically every other MMO (and games with equipment in general). In every game, every character of class X and level Y has item Z. No exceptions. There's always some cool looking bit of armor or whatever that I like on my character, but then I get something better that just looks blah. But I don't want to gimp my character, so I end up being forced to toss originality aside and equip what works.

    A game that lets you pick how gear looks irrespective of it's stats? HELL YES.

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It would be interesting if, once you have obtained an item, you permanently unlock its appearance.

    Then you can go incognito in your level 1 longjohns. :P

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    The team renewed its "focus on the fan" that year, too: "No more nerfs... it was driving me nuts. I just couldn't take it anymore."

    Thank you NCSoft, for that mandate!


    I like how Jack whines about people twisting his words when he could rarely be bothered to toss off more than the occasional one liner rather than actually comitting to communicating with honesty, clarity, and respect for your customer. Castle does it all the fucking time for the CoH Dev team, and its not exactly rocket science. I mean, Jack really can't complain about people twisting his words when he publically said "no more changes to powers" and then brought out enhancement diversification. Enhancements, off course, being the things you use to make your powers do things.


    Oh, and he basically calls CoV a failure. Smooth! And admitting that basically PvP was a waste of time since the CoH playerbase really couldn't give a collective rats ass. Even better! Those crazy people on the CoH boards are going to have a freaking field-day with this.


    As for those feature lists for C:O. I'll get excited when I see the game launched with them. And not a second earlier.

  • UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I think what he said about CoV was true when I played it. Aside from robbing banks and mayhem missions, I did not feel very villainous at all.

    ultrachrist2.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    People really did twist his words though.

    I mean, really, really, excrutiatingly painful to watch twisting. I couldn't count how many dev posts I used to see where the devs made the most simple, straightforwards statements imaginable, and people would infer all sorts of paranoid, freaked out stuff that I could only imagine interpreting if I was occasionally insane.

    Maybe he deserved a little bit of it, but really, if people here interpreted my posts the way people did his on the CoX boards, I wouldn't post here anymore.

  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, someone dug this up on the City of Heroes forums, and I think its a nice of example of why getting excited over predicted feature lists is kind of silly. This isn't my post, but its an example of what I've been thinking when I've been reading people needing to change their pants over what may end up being nothing more than hype.

    All the features they pimp sound great, they remind me of
    Jacks/Statesman and Cryptics other overestimations
    the first time around;

    a player can also choose special flaws and background that provide special limitations and advantages in game play.

    Never happened

    Every player's actions will affect where the city is going and what will happen next.

    Never happened

    As heroes complete missions and foil various villain groups, they acquire personal enemies who will start popping up more and more.

    Nope

    the actions of every hero are important in each Shard's storyline. Depending on the performance of heroes, the supervillains and their minions change and modify their approach.

    Nope

    The choice of origin is not cosmetic; Some origin types might be able to get more powers

    Never happened

    Some origin types will be more focused on skills than powers and consequently they will receive certain breaks on purchasing skills.

    Never happened

    villains and monsters will not appear in predictable locations.

    Woops

    Some origin types allow heroes special backgrounds that will provide special weapons and items to battle crime.

    Nope

    we designed an Arena combat system. A player who dies will respawn back in his base

    Took two years after release to even see these,
    and they were broken from the start.

    Our mission system is quite involved. players will find little in the way of repetition.

    Ya don't say, Jack, sounds great!

    Players become an integral part of many ongoing story arcs as the villain groups react to player victories and defeats.

    Never happened

    Players can have a direct impact on what happens to the city.

    Noppers, didn't make it


    We're looking to release late next summer or next fall. Cryptic Studios plans to release City of Heroes in the summer of 2002.

    Interview date: Oct 2001, actual release date: April 2004.
    Just off by a tad.

    Just a small list of Jack and Cryptics promos of things that
    either just never happened, or were broken long after release.


    Jeez, all that sounds like one hell of a game, nearly all of it
    never happened.
    If they actually did half of what they spun, this game never would've had the turnover rate it did.

    Jack & Cryptic never had issue telling a tale everyone
    wanted to hear , they couldn't back it up,
    not in this product after nearly six years co-ownership.
    And it's likely the trademark "Soon" will be copiously
    sprinkled over questions of, "when is the archenemy feature going to work right?"

    Take with a grain of salt the grand promotions coming from Jack and Cryptic,
    compare the retail product with their current promotional promises, the two may not look anything alike.

    http://web.archive.org/web/20011017150027/http://www.cityofheroes.com/
    http://web.archive.org/web/20011007074711/rpgvault.ign.com/features/interviews/cityofheroes.shtml

  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think what he said about CoV was true when I played it. Aside from robbing banks and mayhem missions, I did not feel very villainous at all.

    And, within days or perhaps hours of CoV's beta opening, we were telling the developers that very thing. I'm not sure why they didn't listen, or why Jack is disappointed about it now, when his company did nothing to change that feel when they had the chance.

  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    Well, someone dug this up on the City of Heroes forums, and I think its a nice of example of why getting excited over predicted feature lists is kind of silly. This isn't my post, but its an example of what I've been thinking when I've been reading people needing to change their pants over what may end up being nothing more than hype.

    stuff

    Thing is though, this has pretty much been true of every MMOG I've followed, and a lot of *games* I've followed. I think it was most noticeable back with Freedom Force (at least for me), which wasn't an MMOG, but the VAST difference between the game players were expecting and the game they got were stark. People were expecting an RPG where they created their own characters. What they got was something else entirely.

    So yeah, we need to hold out for more info before we say much more than "this could be nice"...

    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Well, someone dug this up on the City of Heroes forums, and I think its a nice of example of why getting excited over predicted feature lists is kind of silly. This isn't my post, but its an example of what I've been thinking when I've been reading people needing to change their pants over what may end up being nothing more than hype.

    stuff

    Thing is though, this has pretty much been true of every MMOG I've followed, and a lot of *games* I've followed. I think it was most noticeable back with Freedom Force (at least for me) but the VAST difference between the game players were expecting and the game they got were stark.


    Oh, I'm certainly not saying this is a phenomenon unique to Cryptic, Jack Emmert, or even MMOs.

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I expect most of the stuff they announced so far to make it in at launch because it didn't make it in last time. Learned from their mistakes plus they've had all of these years to figure out ways to make the stuff they originally created work. Not to mention, according to the GI article, the engine is finished and all the team is doing for the next year is balancing powers and adding content.

    The article also said this engine lets them add content as they play the game, making for a smoother development for missions.

  • MorithainMorithain Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    Pb wrote: »
    The team renewed its "focus on the fan" that year, too: "No more nerfs... it was driving me nuts. I just couldn't take it anymore."

    Thank you NCSoft, for that mandate!


    I like how Jack whines about people twisting his words when he could rarely be bothered to toss off more than the occasional one liner rather than actually comitting to communicating with honesty, clarity, and respect for your customer. Castle does it all the fucking time for the CoH Dev team, and its not exactly rocket science. I mean, Jack really can't complain about people twisting his words when he publically said "no more changes to powers" and then brought out enhancement diversification. Enhancements, off course, being the things you use to make your powers do things.


    Oh, and he basically calls CoV a failure. Smooth! And admitting that basically PvP was a waste of time since the CoH playerbase really couldn't give a collective rats ass. Even better! Those crazy people on the CoH boards are going to have a freaking field-day with this.


    As for those feature lists for C:O. I'll get excited when I see the game launched with them. And not a second earlier.

    I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but pull the fork out of your ass. Jack didn't insult anyone, he was blaming Cryptic for their design decisions, and what he said was true, the PvP was awful, anyone who tries to argue that will fail miserably. And you're doing exactly what he said people do, twisting his words: "Oh, and he basically calls CoV a failure."

    Really? It sounded to me like he was disappointed that CoV didn't really make you feel like a villain, and it was essentially the same game as CoH, that's where there failure was. Not once did I see him saying "City of Villains as a whole was disappointing."

    As for whether or not they'll deliver those listed features, sure, theres nothing wrong with being skeptical, but they're not owned by NC Soft anymore, they can do whatever the hell they want, chances are a lot of the things they promised for City of Heroes were cut due to budget and time restrictions. Just keep an open mind.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Morithain wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Pb wrote: »
    The team renewed its "focus on the fan" that year, too: "No more nerfs... it was driving me nuts. I just couldn't take it anymore."

    Thank you NCSoft, for that mandate!


    I like how Jack whines about people twisting his words when he could rarely be bothered to toss off more than the occasional one liner rather than actually comitting to communicating with honesty, clarity, and respect for your customer. Castle does it all the fucking time for the CoH Dev team, and its not exactly rocket science. I mean, Jack really can't complain about people twisting his words when he publically said "no more changes to powers" and then brought out enhancement diversification. Enhancements, off course, being the things you use to make your powers do things.


    Oh, and he basically calls CoV a failure. Smooth! And admitting that basically PvP was a waste of time since the CoH playerbase really couldn't give a collective rats ass. Even better! Those crazy people on the CoH boards are going to have a freaking field-day with this.


    As for those feature lists for C:O. I'll get excited when I see the game launched with them. And not a second earlier.

    I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but pull the fork out of your ass. Jack didn't insult anyone, he was blaming Cryptic for their design decisions, and what he said was true, the PvP was awful, anyone who tries to argue that will fail miserably. And you're doing exactly what he said people do, twisting his words: "Oh, and he basically calls CoV a failure."

    Really? It sounded to me like he was disappointed that CoV didn't really make you feel like a villain, and it was essentially the same game as CoH, that's where there failure was. Not once did I see him saying "City of Villains as a whole was disappointing."

    As for whether or not they'll deliver those listed features, sure, theres nothing wrong with being skeptical, but they're not owned by NC Soft anymore, they can do whatever the hell they want, chances are a lot of the things they promised for City of Heroes were cut due to budget and time restrictions. Just keep an open mind.

    I try to keep my mind closed enough that my brain doesn't start flopping around on the ground. Sure, it will be awesome if those features make it into the game. But I'll believe it when I see it.

    Also, Cryptic was never owned by NCSoft, they co-owned the CoH IP, split 50/50. Budget and time restrictions, technical limations, all those things are just as likely to be problematic now as they were years ago. Yes, Cryptic no longer has to run things through NCSoft, but they also no longer have any incoming revenue from subscriptions. They've got the cushion of whatever they sold the CoH IP for, minus whatever they spent to acquire the Champions IP. Money may or may not end up being an issue for them. Its possible NCSoft paid them enough that they can do whatever they want, but I don't think the payment details have come out on that.

  • H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So what's the possibility that this could be launched natively on the Mac? Blizzard can prove that it works, will others follow suit?

    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • NORNOR Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    things

    You'll note that most of this was said before Jack got control of the Dev team.

    The CoH We all know was built of the corpses of several unfinished to not even started versions of the game.

    Little development progress was even made until Jack got the lead whatsis in like 2003 (might have been late 2002).

    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    H*R wrote: »
    So what's the possibility that this could be launched natively on the Mac? Blizzard can prove that it works, will others follow suit?

    No idea. Would the fact they want it on 360 as well as PC create problems with it working on a Mac? I don't know much about Macs in general. I suppose they might say "PC+Console is more than enough formats for us"

  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    They are dirty liars. There is no way in hell this game can be this awesome.

    I'm going to keep my cynic on. I'm going to be extra cynical, questioning every picture and statement. Just so when it ships out, I am at least somewhat positively surprised. D:

  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    H*R wrote: »
    So what's the possibility that this could be launched natively on the Mac? Blizzard can prove that it works, will others follow suit?

    No idea. Would the fact they want it on 360 as well as PC create problems with it working on a Mac? I don't know much about Macs in general. I suppose they might say "PC+Console is more than enough formats for us"

    Yea, probably, most MMOs have trouble getting stuff done in time just for PCs.

  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    People really did twist his words though.

    I mean, really, really, excrutiatingly painful to watch twisting. I couldn't count how many dev posts I used to see where the devs made the most simple, straightforwards statements imaginable, and people would infer all sorts of paranoid, freaked out stuff that I could only imagine interpreting if I was occasionally insane.

    Maybe he deserved a little bit of it, but really, if people here interpreted my posts the way people did his on the CoX boards, I wouldn't post here anymore.
    oh so you don't want to be here anymore? well then don't be!! leave if you hate us so much!!!!

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    H*R wrote: »
    So what's the possibility that this could be launched natively on the Mac? Blizzard can prove that it works, will others follow suit?

    No idea. Would the fact they want it on 360 as well as PC create problems with it working on a Mac? I don't know much about Macs in general. I suppose they might say "PC+Console is more than enough formats for us"

    The return on their investment probably isn't worth it. There aren't very many Mac gamers and anyone who is a die hard Mac fan but wants to game just runs Bootcamp. Blizzard did it in part because they always do it, their graphics were low enough that a PDA could run the game, the engine was based off of a pre-existing engine that ran on Pc/Mac, and they had the largest budget in MMO history.

  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854285p1.html

    Teaser trailer there. The combat doesn't look like an action game, looks like a fast paced standard MMORPG. Not one shot of firing on the run or dodging anything.

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I agree about the combat. Maybe protracted battles will look more engaging.

    It should be noted that the graphics are pure sex in motion. Lord how I do not look forward to obsessing over this game for the next 12+ months.

  • encloserencloser Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was hoping Cryptic was working on something entirely new. The concept art under Cryptic's In Development page had me thinking a Monster MMO. Which would be pretty neat I thought. (Although it seems CCP+White Wolf is working on something sort of like that with the WoD MMO.)

    As for Champions Online, I am cautiously optimistic. Other than the repetition of COH it was one of the most fun MMOs I've played. I'd be pretty happy with a COH2 that has a vastly improved missioning system.

    EVE: Zane Rayez; CoX: Encloser;
    TF2/ETQW: [e]Encloser;
    encloser.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    They are, they've got at least 2 other MMOs in process, or so it looks.

  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I think we all missed the most important part of that video. There was a sea monster hero.

This discussion has been closed.