As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I was in a car accident

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    redimpulse wrote: »
    I've:

Fishtailed a Camaro into a Mustang
    Slid into the rear bumper of a Chevy 1500 W/T (note: Contours have no traction in snow)
    Slid into a ditch (note: Contours have no traction on gravel)
    Been hit in the front by a '78 Mercury going 60 in a 25 (think T-bone to the headlights)
    Tore the frame in two on 2 different F-150s
    Caught some air on a blind hill, only to come down on a concrete block (80s Cavaliers are nigh indestrutible)

I think that's it

lern 2 drive, nub.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I totalled my minivan during a huge rush of drunk-ass Seahawk fans on I-5.

Scratched the bumper of the Lexus in front of me.

Yay for drunk assholes and my bad brakes.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Been in Hell of motor accidents. Two times in one one week lady motorists mowed me down on my bicycle. Another time a bus hit me with the side view mirror to the back of the head. Twice other cars have rammed into my car from behind. At least it was never my fault and the other parties had to pay for all my expenses.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    redimpulse wrote: »
    I've:

Fishtailed a Camaro into a Mustang
    Slid into the rear bumper of a Chevy 1500 W/T (note: Contours have no traction in snow)
    Slid into a ditch (note: Contours have no traction on gravel)
    Been hit in the front by a '78 Mercury going 60 in a 25 (think T-bone to the headlights)
    Tore the frame in two on 2 different F-150s
    Caught some air on a blind hill, only to come down on a concrete block (80s Cavaliers are nigh indestrutible)

I think that's it

lern 2 drive, nub.

I was young. The 2 F-150s were on purpose.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    1st collision - Mexican spoke no English, hit me and tried to run off. I chased down, and call the police. He had insurance, but if he hadn't, I was seriously considering killing him.

2nd collision - 2 days after this first one, I've been sitting stopped in traffic in the same spot for about 5 minutes, and this dumb bitch just ups and hits me. No damage, but it pissed me off.

3rd collision - My fault, after I get my truck out of the shop for the first collision, by about a week, I fucking fell asleep on the road and rear-ended my friend while we were going up to a friend's place to go camping. No damage on his vehicle, but my front bumper was fucked up. I didn't care about that, I was more concerned about his shit being damaged, because I felt bad about hitting him.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wrecked my first car, an '86 Camaro. It was an awesome car, right up until the brakes stopped workign and I plowed into a minivan. Ugh.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Been in Hell of motor accidents. Two times in one one week lady motorists mowed me down on my bicycle. Another time a bus hit me with the side view mirror to the back of the head. Twice other cars have rammed into my car from behind. At least it was never my fault and the other parties had to pay for all my expenses.

my stupid fucking state rarhgergegrhg

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Goddamn Rane

Would some Jaffa cakes cheer you up?

Jenkam cakes are fantastically delicious.

That's a nasty habit you got there Geek.

Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    Glad you're okay, ran-o.

I was hit by a car once while rollerblading to school. Flew up onto his hood and cracked the shit out of his windshield, even though I got off with only a few scratches and bruises. Once he found out I was relatively okay he switched from being helpful to being angry and trying to intimidate me into paying for his windshield.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Larlar wrote: »
    Glad you're okay, ran-o.

I was hit by a car once while rollerblading to school. Flew up onto his hood and cracked the shit out of his windshield, even though I got off with only a few scratches and bruises. Once he found out I was relatively okay he switched from being helpful to being angry and trying to intimidate me into paying for his windshield.

man just 1000 needles his ass

what's he gonna do?

nothing

ain't like some random dudes got 1001 hp

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ( I've been hit by cars walking/biking, this is my first automobile/automobile accident)

Raneados on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I witnessed a good one on the way to highschool last year. Like the last month of school, this one asshole in one of my classes was bragging about getting a brand new red Eclipse from his parents... I mean, he wouldn't shut up about it. One day, he actually brought in a brochure of it's tech specs and shit.

Alright, then fast forward about a week later, I see said Eclipse speeding down the street, take a right turn, and not see the traffic buildup that was about 20 feet from the light. He literally turns into a car accident and ruined his entire front end as he smashed into some SUV and as I drove past him, he just sat in his car with a look not unlike :O

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Larlar wrote: »
    Glad you're okay, ran-o.

Did you smack him with your spiny arm, impaling him with hundreds of tiny spines?

Quethal on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Way back when I worked at UPS south of downtown Seattle I would ride my bicycle from the University District to get there in the morning. I mean like, 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m., right around bar-time. So I'm riding down Roosevelt Ave. (3 lane, one-way street) around 2:30 and this guy in a Jetta is at an intersection in the right lane with his right blinker on. So apparently, he's not my problem. The light turns green and I start gaining speed from about a quarter os a block away while this guy starts to turn right.

He changed his mind.

So, as I am about to hit the intersection this jackass takes almost a U-turn in the middle of road, I slam on my brakes (it was kinda wet, Seattle right?) and his rear bumper clips my front wheel and I go sprawling across the intersection.

I got up, checked for broken bones, checked my bike, and continued on to work. As soon as I got there I found out that I looked like I got hit by a car because that's how everyone was staring at me. My left arm and leg were covered in blood, and I had a gigantic bruise forming on my right leg. I washed up and went to work, with my supervisor coming to check on me every 10 minutes.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sue the bitch for emotional & physical trauma.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I have also fallen off of a moving vehicle going about 40 MPH.

Don't fall off a moving vehicle.

It fucking hurts.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rane I can tell that was serious because you capitalized properly.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    neville wrote: »
    Sue the bitch for emotional & physical trauma.

:winky:

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    Sue the bitch for emotional trauma.

looked like a poor, spanish chick. I'm not into suing people who don't have money

wonder if the college would comp my tuition and books as an apology

probably not

Fat women aren't people.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008

It fucking hurts.
    how much alcohol was involved?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've never been in an auto accident

which is a pretty good record for six years of driving I think!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

It fucking hurts.
    how much alcohol was involved?

Too goddamn much, I tried to save the beer can while I was falling, by keeping my can in the air, but it was a little shook up as I lost about half of the beer while rolling. If I hadn't been drunk or wearing my Game Winner jacket from Academy, I would've ended up a lot worse. All the damage the jacket took was one tiny hole in the right sleeve. Best jacket ever, hands down.

Finished the beer, my friend got some toilet paper, alcohol, and packaging tape and poured the alcohol all over my hip, wiped it up with some paper towels, wadded up the toilet paper and taped that son of a bitch on.

I hated him because toilet paper dissolves and gets stuck in the wound.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    Sue the bitch for emotional trauma.

looked like a poor, spanish chick. I'm not into suing people who don't have money

wonder if the college would comp my tuition and books as an apology

probably not

If she was poor how come she was driving an SUV-type monstrosity?

Unless it was a really shabby one.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glad to hear you're alright, Rane.

I've been in two accidents.

One was as a passenger, with my sister driving. She kept her purse on the passenger side floor. My brother was calling her so rather than letting me get the phone, she bends down and starts digging around for it. I manage to yell at her just in time to slam on her breaks but we still wound up rear-ending the dude in front of us stopped at the light. She was freaking out.

Second accident was when I was driving to work traveling eastbound on a residential street. The street in question was pretty much a straight shot, nothing obstructing the view, bright sunny day. As I'm driving I notice a truck pull up to the intersection ahead, which had a stop sign N-S but E-W there was no stop sign. The asshat figures "Oh, I'll get through the intersection before that crappy station wagon," and crawls out into the road. The last thing I recall saying was "Oh shi-" before I T-boned him. After the impact I guess I must have slammed my chest into the steering wheel because I couldn't breathe for what felt like forever. The front end of my car is demolished and I'm pretty out of it myself. I guess the other guy called the cops because a little bit later the cops and an ambulance show up. I get out and start looking myself over for damage. In okay shape, very very sore, but intact. The cop interviews him, then interviews me. Found in favor of me (thank God because I had crappy insurance) because he had the stop sign and there was no way he missed seeing me. Called work and told'em I wouldn't be in, and got a ride from a neighbor back to my house and called my insurance. It happened on a Friday and they wouldn't be available to interview me until Monday. Okay, awesome, thanks crappy local insurance company. Then I get a phone call from the other guy's insurance, Progressive. Their agent is over to my house within two hours after accessing the damage to my car, and gets to work processing the paperwork. All in all the promptness and professionalism of the insurance agent convinced me to switch to Progressive when I got my new car.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Geez SH.

Did you have ice cream later?

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    beef wrote: »
    Quethal wrote: »
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

Like, just now? 0.o

Like 20-30 minutes ago, now.
    tight

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

Like, just now? 0.o

tight

Good god.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I slid out mid-turn on a wet road and missed a huge metal lightpost by about a foot, curb took out my tire though and then I drove another mile on a busted tire to get to the bus station so I could get to work on time.

Weaver on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was only in one accident, a week after I got my license, and I was at fault. Red light came out of nowhere.

Justice was had, though; no one was hurt, my insurance went up (though not too much...like $10 a month), and my first car was totaled.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i once got t-boned by someone going about 40 square on my driver's door

i don't know how i came out completely uninjured

satansfingers on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »

Like, just now? 0.o

tight

Good god.

holy shit that is nuts

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    beef lives in deadwood

satansfingers on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been in two accidents. I wasn't driving either time.

My ex hit a F150 broadside with her Hyundai going about 45 after the F150 ran a red. Looked like someone took a can opener to the car. The truck had almost no damage at all. I was out of work for a couple days because it felt like someone was trying to saw my bones in half.

Second time I was in a friend's truck. The impatient fuck tried to go around someone in the turning lane by swinging left into the oncoming lane. While he was turning, my door got hit by another truck going about 50. I saw the fucking thing coming the whole time, and had time to say "This is going to suck" before impact. I rolled out of the car, vomited in the middle of the street, stood up, and promptly fell on my ass. Had a nasty bruise on my lower leg from the door, but I was fine otherwise.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have been in two relatively serious car accidents. As a passenger both times. When I was about 8 my dad got in a head-on with a lady trying to turn left against a red arrow. When I was 20 or so my friend rolled his mom's Explorer. That was a bad night.

the wook on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Geez SH.

Did you have ice cream later?

Yes I think so

after soaking in a hot tub for like two hours

I blew the money I got back for the car in Vegas

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hey i was in a car accident a few weeks ago!

now i don't have a car.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i got hit by a truck while i was on my bike once

that was cool

Homeless on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've had three accidents, one my fault, the others totally not my fault.

2 months after getting my license, I reversed my Dad's pickup into a parked car super hard. The brand new car was a write off, the pickup was virtually untouched. The car owner was eating at a restaurant down the street and came up and nearly beat the shit out of me. Luckily I was leaving my friend's place and had a few big dudes for backup.

Then I was driving home at about midnight when the car next to me decided to change lanes without looking and ran me off the road. I hit the curb and popped both the tires on that side and got a huge dent in one of the wheels. The guy just drove off, oblivious.

Then a few months ago I was sitting at an intersection waiting to turn when a fat woman in too much makeup driving a yellow Saab convertible drove right the hell into me. We both parked and she got out and yelled at me for not indication I was turning. And I was like "umm, I was indicating"
    She said she wouldn't pay for anything, that her husband was a big lawyer, but luckily I had my phone in my pocket on voice record, recording the whole conversation.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    I've had three accidents, one my fault, the others totally not my fault.

2 months after getting my license, I reversed my Dad's pickup into a parked car super hard. The brand new car was a write off, the pickup was virtually untouched. The car owner was eating at a restaurant down the street and came up and nearly beat the shit out of me. Luckily I was leaving my friend's place and had a few big dudes for backup.

Then I was driving home at about midnight when the car next to me decided to change lanes without looking and ran me off the road. I hit the curb and popped both the tires on that side and got a huge dent in one of the wheels. The guy just drove off, oblivious.

Then a few months ago I was sitting at an intersection waiting to turn when a fat woman in too much makeup driving a yellow Saab convertible drove right the hell into me. We both parked and she got out and yelled at me for not indication I was turning. And I was like "umm, I was indicating"
    She said she wouldn't pay for anything, that her husband was a big lawyer, but luckily I had my phone in my pocket on voice record, recording the whole conversation.

I don't give a fuck who they are, you call the goddamn police.

The police aren't there to take a statement, they're at the scene to keep me from killing them with my machete and burying them with my E-tool.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

Like, just now? 0.o

tight

Good god.

holy shit that is nuts

He was very apologetic and it didn't hit anyone or anything important, and he is going to take care of all the damages.

I didn't bust his chops about it, but who the hell cleans a gun with a cartridge in the chamber?

beef on