As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sightseeing in STL

FFFF Once Upon a TimeIn OaklandRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Tomorrow at way-too-early-o'clock, my girl and I are flying out to St. Louis to see her family, etc for 1 week. I have only been a few times and only for 3 or 4 days tops. She hasn't done much of the touristy stuff in a long time, or ever. I'm trying to figure out some things we can go do, but so far I'm not hitting on much aside from going to the arch and getting drunk with her relatives. I'm a bit of a train buff so I think we'll be visiting Union Station, but I've got nothing else. What else is there to do/see/etc? What about bordering states? Illinois, of course, but I know going to Chicago would be too far. We'll be staying at her folks house in High Ridge and have a rental car if that helps.

Huh...
FF on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forest Park is nice. It might be a little cold though, so the museum(s) there are you best bet.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    locomotivemanlocomotiveman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've never been to St. Louis, but whenever I need a basic guide for railfanning stuff in a given area I start with frograil.com. This link should give you a few places around ST Louis to start with at any rate. They even have a sort of walking tour listed.
    http://frograil.com/railroad/mo.htm#STLOUISCARONDELET

locomotiveman on
    aquabat wrote:
    I actually worked at work on Saturday. Also I went out on a date with a real life girl.

Can you like, permanently break the forums?
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The City Museum is an awesome place to visit. Some of the attractions are aimed for kids, but there's a lot of fun to be had as an adult as well. They've got a huge variety of things to do and see.

The Science Center, Zoo, and Botanical Gardens are all worth seeing as well if you don't have good equivalents where you live now.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif