As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So is it possible and allowed to embed youtube vids in a post?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    why not just link it

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    why not just link it

I just thought that an embeded vid of one of The Sneaks music would be a cool addition to the G&T thread.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I guess. but like, I've never seen it done here

also can't people just insert midi files and have them played automatically now? that seems to take the coolness out of the whole system

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, I figure my problems saving my character were related to the Brandywine server (since the official site acknowledges there was a problem), so I rolled a Captain on the Landroval server instead and now she's level 10. Sadly I was "defeated in battle" after level 5 so I don't get to build on my Survivor title, but I've learned that healing potions are good to stock up on, so it's not a loss.

Do you get to customize your mansam at any point? I'm happy to have one and all, but I've seen Captains with cute pixiesh girls following them around and I'd much prefer one of those to my bearded hobo-type :P.

Also: I think the screaming in battle is kind of hot.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    The music in this game is really awesome. :^:

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Well, I figure my problems saving my character were related to the Brandywine server (since the official site acknowledges there was a problem), so I rolled a Captain on the Landroval server instead and now she's level 10. Sadly I was "defeated in battle" after level 5 so I don't get to build on my Survivor title, but I've learned that healing potions are good to stock up on, so it's not a loss.

Do you get to customize your mansam at any point? I'm happy to have one and all, but I've seen Captains with cute pixiesh girls following them around and I'd much prefer one of those to my bearded hobo-type :P.

Also: I think the screaming in battle is kind of hot.

This is really for the best. Now make sure you sign up for our custom chat channel. Any yes if you buy something for your armament slot, those will change your herald to something else.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I can see why they want to prevent gold selling, but come on. Two guys in the same fellowship unable to trade to help each other out with their vocations?

I was going to buy it and try for a full month anyway, but it seems I have to do it before I'm even done with the trial to actually get somewhere.

I don't think I have seen a single game in the past few years with a trial that lets you do more then level up. And some of them cut you off on that when you reach a certain level.

Seg on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Reinstalling. If this happens, I'll probably hop on Landroval.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

Don't forget to roll a hobbit so you can pretend you are a ratman.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Morskittar wrote: »

Don't forget to roll a hobbit so you can pretend you are a ratman.

Naa, Tolkien's hobbits don't have giant cocks everywhere. It's just not worth it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Okay, having a blast with the game again. The reason I quit the last time was because I, uh, became obsessed with just performing music. Maybe now I can just play the damn game.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    I don't think I have seen a single game in the past few years with a trial that lets you do more then level up. And some of them cut you off on that when you reach a certain level.

I'm 12 now, so I guess 15 is the limit. Ah well, I'll have the retail on Monday or Tuesday.

Randomly exploring the area between Thorin's Gate and the elf lands.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hahaha, no. No restriction at all, I got to Level 21 on my trial and I've seen a guy who was 29 before on a trial.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    One does not simply walk into Master Mound-wights.

Ow.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh heres a good one, One does not simply walk into Mordor, one waits for the patch.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    mordor is like, on the other side of middle earth. I can't see it ever being added in during the games life span

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm really in love with the Deed/Trait system. Gives you a very good excuse to grind stuff.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't know, your mind might change when you have to kill 320 elite trolls :P

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I've seen the "LFM Sarnur" already. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Actually Wren both Turbine and Tolkien Enterprises seem pretty certain that it will last that long, Tolkien Enterprises extended their license up to 2014 giving them the choice of pushing it further to 2017. The first expansion will likely involve the lands of Rohan, so it isn't so impossible that we could one day see Mordor, or at least the gates.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    personally I'd rather see them come up with new material. stuff outside of middle earth. Like, left and right earth.

and right earth is a steampunk setting.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tolkien Enterprises would come down on them like the might of a raging god, however. I think the lands to the West would be Silmarillion material which Turbine was not allowed a license for. Things will be iffy even if they decide to expand further south, north and east in Middle-Earth. All of it has to be passed through Tolkien Enterprises to either be green-lighted or shot down.

Arthil on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would really, really like to get some steady lowbie group action going. I'll post in here with my character name on Landorval once I get goin.

We should get a vent channel too.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I wish I had an easy way to play with you Ameristanis. :|

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I can learn all 2h weapons as a Guardian, but is it even worth it? A healthy chunk of my damage seems to come from various shield bashing.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ok, I finally got unlazy and made some of my own screenshots for all regions besides the Ettinmoors. Also "reshot" the Trollshall's pic and found out they moved those trolls around for the loading screen pic I was using before.

Also added more of veritas's screenshots and one of Suds to the random screenshot section. We need more of those though.

By the way, can anyone recomend a free host for some high rez screenshots? I think photobucket helped to keep the OP sane but it would be nice to have non-resized ones for other purposes.

Finally, we are getting a good number or people in the pennyarcade channel but more would be welcome. To join us on Landroval
    /joinchannel pennyarcade wang
    /1 Hai guys dicks dicks lol

If you have already joined other private chats, you will have to use the correct number in place of /1. And don't forget the wang.

[Edit] I stole an Ettenmoors pic too so we are covered for all the regions.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I can learn all 2h weapons as a Guardian, but is it even worth it? A healthy chunk of my damage seems to come from various shield bashing.

An additional problem with going 2h is that it will slow down your progress on any shield related deeds.

Also as far as I was told by a British kinmate last night all you need to play on American servers is a US copy of the game.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Also as far as I was told by a British kinmate last night all you need to play on American servers is a US copy of the game.

Hmmmm. I shall take this under consideration.

Also, I'm messing around with playing music. Need to get my buddy to buy an instrument. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Hmmmm. I shall take this under consideration.

Also, I'm messing around with playing music. Need to get my buddy to buy an instrument. :P

Remember there are several people in this thread that can get you $10/month pricing. The way exchange rates are these days you can't afford not to join us :lol:

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    *checks* Heh, that's one big mac. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    *checks* Heh, that's one big mac. :P

As a lapsed reader of the Economist, I salute you.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Are captains good soloers? I don't forsee myself doing a lot of grouping in this game, and so I want to make sure whatever I play is a good solo class. I might try a hobbit later just to see the Shire, but for now I'm stickin with the captain.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    Are captains good soloers? I don't forsee myself doing a lot of grouping in this game, and so I want to make sure whatever I play is a good solo class. I might try a hobbit later just to see the Shire, but for now I'm stickin with the captain.

Captains are good at lots of things, but great at nothing but chain pulling.

Basically my 39 captain can chain pull whites for awhile. Use the power herald, healing mark and smashy smashy. Pop the post fight heal and pull next. I enjoy it, but a low level dwarf guardian is trying to steal my heart with his shield bashing goodness.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    defrag wrote: »

Captains are good at lots of things, but great at nothing but chain pulling.

Basically my 39 captain can chain pull whites for awhile. Use the power herald, healing mark and smashy smashy. Pop the post fight heal and pull next. I enjoy it, but a low level dwarf guardian is trying to steal my heart with his shield bashing goodness.

In a soloing context Captains shine most when running into 2 mob pulls. Having your herald off-tank the second mob while you fight the first saves a lot of hp.

Also it is fairly easy to escape. With your run buff, racial heal, and death avoidance you can get out of some tricky spots.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    a low level dwarf guardian is trying to steal my heart with his shield bashing goodness.

That's why I like my dwarf guardian. He just seems so happy with smashing stuff in the face with his shield!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Looking rather spiffy, I think.
    screenshot00043nf6.jpg

Another picture of the good ol' Dwarf.
    screenshot00041gi5.jpg

Lastly heres a few shots of the neighbourhood, quite the view eh?
    screenshot00044cf8.jpg
    screenshot00045zs6.jpg
    screenshot00046dn1.jpg

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Added some of those pics to the OP. Thanks Arthil!

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I really, really wish other races could be Captains. I don't get why they can't, either. It's not like there aren't great Elf/Dwarf heroes. I would kill to have a Dwarf captain with a standard bearer.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I want a hobbit lore master

or champion

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg