As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ I have more than a feelingggg

DaricDaric Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Social Entropy++
So guys, I am going to Boston next Saturday (the 15th) and I will be there until Tuesday (the 18th) visiting my friend who is going to Berklee College of Music. But SE++, we need your help.

You see, we are both very poor college students looking for a night out on the town, for cheap cheap cheap. Or day out on the town. Whatever.

If you know the area, what can we do that isn't very expensive but still is something I can do in Boston that I can't do in Texas.

Also, for the record, that Monday is Saint Patrick's Day and I hear something about turning the river green or something like that? I'll be seeing that for sure. I mean, Galveston's water is always green but that's generally why we avoid it.

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
Daric on

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Brendon Small went to the Berklee College Of Music

I've got a tip for you

wear giants jerseys, they'll think it's hilarious

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Avoid the bars near fenway. Too crowded, too expensive, filled to the brim with douchebags with funny accents.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    prostitutes

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Foreplay is an awesome song.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    A CrowA Crow Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Doing anything in Boston will be hard as fuck for cheap. Still go an drink on Monday, any luck you'll see a few bar fights like I saw. And other things...many wonderous things. St. Paddy's is like an Irish Christmas

A Crow on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    lostwords wrote: »
    Avoid the bars near fenway. Too crowded, too expensive, filled to the brim with douchebags with funny accents.

Much like the rest of New England.

Marathon on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God I am so glad I am leaving that day

Javen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    Marathon wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Avoid everywhere. Too crowded, too expensive, filled to the brim with douchebags with funny accents.

Much like the rest of New England.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    There's actually tons of fun and cheap shit to do in Boston but since you're all being dumb I'm not going to tell you.

Javen on
  • Options
    A CrowA Crow Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Could try to find the Dropkick concert that goes on there. I hear its free-sih

A Crow on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    There's actually tons of fun and cheap shit to do in Boston but since you're all being dumb I'm not going to tell you.

does it involve Mooninites

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Javen I'm the one going. What can we do?

Daric on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Go Matt Murphy's, the Pour House, or Cornwall's, check Beer Advocate.com see if they have any beerfests going on, go to the Publick House, hit up China Jade for Dim Sum and then stop by the Coffee House to pick up steamed big buns for the road, avoid Cask n Flagon unless you like the douchebag crowd. Same goes for Tequila rain and basically anything that faces Fenway.

Also duck boat tours, mike's pastry in the north end, avoid Southie like the plague, go to Roxbury to catch it (if BU's bio lab is built), science park, newbury street, duckpin bowling, rockband at my place, etc.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hey daric im going to be in NYC during that exact same time. we will be kinda sorta close to each other

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    consequently i am having the exact same problem as you, because im poor and have no idea what to do in NYC

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    IT'S A CITY, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

can i fly Otaku? if i really wanted to. could i?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Go Matt Murphy's, the Pour House, or Cornwall's, check Beer Advocate.com see if they have any beerfests going on, go to the Publick House, hit up China Jade for Dim Sum and then stop by the Coffee House to pick up steamed big buns for the road, avoid Cask n Flagon unless you like the douchebag crowd. Same goes for Tequila rain and basically anything that faces Fenway.

Also duck boat tours, mike's pastry in the north end, avoid Southie like the plague, go to Roxbury to catch it (if BU's bio lab is built), science park, newbury street, duckpin bowling, rockband at my place, etc.

Thanks this is the kind of help I'm looking for.

Will definitely be checking out Mike's Pastry and the other food places because I like to eat.

Also, beer will probably be pretty hard for us as we're both 19.

Daric on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    don't let road tunnels collapse on you

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

with enough alcohol and chicken feathers, anything is possible.

especially off the Pru.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Don't go to China Jade for Dim Sum, The Imperial is much better.

Don't do the Duck Tours. They're overpriced and geared towards kids and women

Mike's Pastry is solid, though. I know a guy there and the stuff he brings is always fantastic

Science Museum is tits, so's the aquarium. MFA is also nifty if you're into that kind of thing, or Faneuil Hall.

Javen on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    eh, the place across the street from Mike's is much better.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Don't go to China Jade for Dim Sum, The Imperial is much better.

Don't do the Duck Tours. They're overpriced and geared towards kids and women

Mike's Pastry is solid, though. I know a guy there and the stuff he brings is always fantastic

Science Museum is tits, so's the aquarium. MFA is also nifty if you're into that kind of thing, or Faneuil Hall.

The Imperial? BAH.

Actually I go to the Chow Chau more often than not.

And what does Faneuil Hall have going for it besides the giant food court?

Also grab a copy of the Weekly Dig (don't bother with that rag the Phoenix), they usually have a good handle on the happenings of the week.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

You could fly into buildings if you really wanted to. IT'S A CITY!

The Otaku Suppository on