As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Macbook, Networking and the lack thereof.

joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, I am the new proud owner of a macbook air. Its pretty damn amazing, but since this is my first mac, I was just wondering if anyone could point me towards places that would help me become more of a power user. I.e. not a total noob. I had to help the Mac help line figure out how to get remote disk working. (the user guide helpfully did not tell me to enable filesharing on MY side, which was preventing me from using an adhoc networked PC's DVD drive.) They had no idea.

Well, moving on. At home I just got optus broadband, with a wireless router which for some reason is completely useless. Even completely unencrypted, I can only connect once in a blue moon, and then I can't access the internet. This isn't only on the new mac, my other laptops can't connect either (sometimes only very briefly). To work around this, i plugged a wireless hub into the router. This worked for the non-macs but not my new macbook. It has simple 64-bit WEP encryption. Anyone have any ideas?

joshua1 on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    bump......

joshua1 on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Please don't bump threads in H&A, there is no need.

You haven't provided enough information to be of help, which is certainly why I didn't reply. Try turning off the WEP on the hub and see what happens.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    been there done that. Sorry about the bump.

joshua1 on