Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Kids these days

SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2008 in Singularity Engine++
Jesus, right now over in G&T they are having an honest-to-God console war argument in the Bully thread. Like, it's not even ironic or anything, they are literally debating over which console is the best like it's 1989 and we're all ten years old again. What the fuck?

I'm getting too old for this forum. c/d?

Szechuanosaurus on
«13456789

Posts

  • bentbent Registered User
    edited March 2008
    so what you're saying is that the ps3 is superior

    sig1.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DENY

    Banish the idiots instead

    Age has nothing to do with it

    Well, sometimes it has something to do with it

    But embrace your inner child

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hahahahaa G&T.

    BUTTS.

    Death to PA.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hahahahaa G&T.

    BUTTS.

    ...ECKS?

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    THIS CONTEST IS THE WORST THING EVER.

    Death to PA.
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    Hahahahaa G&T.

    BUTTS.

    ...ECKS?

    But of course.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    kids these days

    dont suck cock like they used to

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    my toy is better than your toy and here's 8 paragraphs why:

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I blame the internet. Say what you will but the world wide webs have permanently fucked people up.

    Ever been unable to spell a word outloud, but if you grab a pen suddenly you'll remember how to write it?

    Think of how text-messaging and chat abbreviations are going to fuck up the literacy of this country.

    Its fucking depressing.

    Its... its just fucking depressing.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My grandfather told me last year that, on pretty much every level, my generation is way better than my parents' generation.

    It was weird praise.

    It was like "Congratulations on not being self-centered fuck-ups as a lot."

  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cue giant wall of text by Defender.

  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    The part that pisses me off the most about G&T is half of them are like "Man, that game was released in 1994/1998/2002... how can anyone even play it these days the graphics are ugly play control is bad it has not aged well".

    That and the Nintendo fanboyism is ridiculous.

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i just don't understand fanboyism

    i just

    i just can't

    my brain just comprehend it

    i cannot understand how you can like something so much it makes you hate something else which is also good simply because it isn't what you like

    but then

    i guess i can't understand religious zealotry either

    and they're pretty similar

  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nintendo fanboyism + being hypercritical of graphics does not make any sort of Goddamned sense.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Let's not turn this into a which forum is better argument, ok guys? We're better than that.

  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I like the PS3 the most, in the abstract sense, seeing as I don't own any

    Cell really is interesting architecture

  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How about them internets, eh?

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Jesus, right now over in G&T they are having an honest-to-God console war argument in the Bully thread. Like, it's not even ironic or anything, they are literally debating over which console is the best like it's 1989 and we're all ten years old again. What the fuck?

    While I don't plan on buying Bully for any platform, I have to ask if you even stopped and thought about this for a second. There's a Wii version and a 360 version. Even if the only differences were the controls... you don't think it'd be valid to say "Hey, which version do you think has better controls?"

    It's a legitimate topic of discussion, at least it was before idiots started posting in it.

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.
    its entirely off jesus christ

    what kind of disconnect with reality do you have that you actually compare entertainment and squabbles over that to fucking religion come the fuck on, man

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.

    yeah

    the rabid fanboyism that goes on in parts of G&T and places like the GameFAQs resembles religious zealotry in pretty much all the worst ways

    also similar:

    people who are intense into the whole star wars vs. star trek thing

    like it just

    i don't know

    it seems this weird kind of insane to like something so much that if you have something else that is different that people also like you hate it just because it isn't what you intensely enjoy

    like at the core of it there's no valid reason to hate it, you just do because it isn't what you love

    it seems sort of

    i don't know, a form of madness?

  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    i just don't understand fanboyism

    i just

    i just can't

    my brain just comprehend it

    i cannot understand how you can like something so much it makes you hate something else which is also good simply because it isn't what you like

    but then

    i guess i can't understand religious zealotry either

    and they're pretty similar

    did you know that sometimes you say shit like this that makes you look like a huge knob

    just sayin'

  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.
    its entirely off jesus christ

    what kind of disconnect with reality do you have that you actually compare entertainment and squabbles over that to fucking religion come the fuck on, man

    Because it is the same mindset? He's not talking about religion, he's talking about extremism. Xenophobia, nationalism, fanaticism, these are all cards from the same deck. Fanboyism displays many similar traits to these concepts. I'm not saying that its not a bit overboard to draw the parallel, but I am saying that it assuredly makes sense.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    there is a mindset with some people

    where they go from "I LOVE NINTENDO IT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER" to "RAWR I HATE XBOX BECAUSE IT IS NOT NINTENDO"

    and there's that step there i don't understand at all

    i can understand the passionate love

    i can't understand how that turns into intense hate

  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't think he was saying video game fanboyism is religious zealotry.

    Geez, calm down dudes.

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.
    its entirely off jesus christ

    what kind of disconnect with reality do you have that you actually compare entertainment and squabbles over that to fucking religion come the fuck on, man

    Because it is the same mindset? He's not talking about religion, he's talking about extremism. Xenophobia, nationalism, fanaticism, these are all cards from the same deck. Fanboyism displays many similar traits to these concepts. I'm not saying that its not a bit overboard to draw the parallel, but I am saying that it assuredly makes sense.
    But the logical leap is so fucking extreme and ridiculous that the parallel he attempted to draw is fucking retarded

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Oh hahaha. Someone in the Bully thread called the PS3 a "retarded abortion".

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i got a buddy of mine

    big star trek nerd

    years of internetting has made him all angry towards star wars

    and i am like, why?

    so he sits there and rants about why star wars sucks and stuff

    some of his criticisms i can see where he is coming from i guess

    some of it is retarded bitching about nonsense that star trek is also guilty of

    ultimately, i ask him about it enough and what it comes down to is he just bought into a stupid perceived rivalry between two completely different things in the same genre

    like you can't enjoy both for some reason

    and i can't get that mindset, like, at all

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    But the logical leap is so fucking extreme and ridiculous that the parallel he attempted to draw is fucking retarded
    Einhander wrote: »
    Oh hahaha. Someone in the Bully thread called the PS3 a "retarded abortion".

  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes comparing liking/disliking video games to religious zealotry is totally not a huge, illogical step

    thanks, pony

    He was comparing fanboyism to zealotry and I really don't see that as being terribly far off.
    its entirely off jesus christ

    what kind of disconnect with reality do you have that you actually compare entertainment and squabbles over that to fucking religion come the fuck on, man

    Because it is the same mindset? He's not talking about religion, he's talking about extremism. Xenophobia, nationalism, fanaticism, these are all cards from the same deck. Fanboyism displays many similar traits to these concepts. I'm not saying that its not a bit overboard to draw the parallel, but I am saying that it assuredly makes sense.
    But the logical leap is so fucking extreme and ridiculous that the parallel he attempted to draw is fucking retarded

    Not really, Teefs

    I don't think there's much else to say other than "we get it, you don't like Pony"

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    yes, a post on a video game forum is definitely the equal to religious belief, thanks brosef

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes, a post on a video game forum is definitely the equal to religious belief, thanks brosef

    that wasn't what i was saying at all

    but thank you for playing

    i was commenting on zealotry

    but clearly you just want to argue with something you dislike for no reason

    i believe we just established G&T is that way

  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yes, a post on a video game forum is definitely the equal to religious belief, thanks brosef

    Teefs you should know about strawmen

    c'mon now

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    tfs goes into modes

    sometimes we have good chats about various things

    other times i am like his nemesis and he argues with everything i say and tries to troll me directly

    i should make up a calendar

    wonder if it goes on a monthly cycle

    girl

    you'll be a woman

    soon

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Tossrock wrote: »
    yes, a post on a video game forum is definitely the equal to religious belief, thanks brosef

    Teefs you should know about strawmen

    c'mon now
    the analogy of video game fanboys to religious zealots is absolutely too extreme to be taken seriously in any manner why are you people doing this

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • bentbent Registered User
    edited March 2008
    tfs has a mad crush on you

    sig1.png
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    tfs goes into modes

    sometimes we have good chats about various things

    other times i am like his nemesis and he argues with everything i say and tries to troll me directly

    i should make up a calendar

    wonder if it goes on a monthly cycle

    girl

    you'll be a woman

    soon
    hey smart hero how are you

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • bentbent Registered User
    edited March 2008
Sign In or Register to comment.