As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Network connection problem

YallYall Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I reset my FIOS router yesterday since my 360 seemed to lose it's connection. In doing so my PC now appears to have an issue. It detects and connects to the wireless network, but does not seem to be receiving packets (it is sending them). The signal strength and speed seem to be fine, and I also cannot get a wired connection to work. My Mac (wireless) and 360 (wired) are working fine.

I tried rebooting, repairing the connection, disabling and re-enabling the wireless card, but nothing seems to have any effect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yall on

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Could there be some kind of default firewall-type blocking of whatever IP address the PC has? Those kind of settings could (for some strange reason) be part of the default router configuration. I don't know *why* they'd do that, but it sounds if you're sending packets out but receiving absolutely none, like somehow traffic is being explicitly blocked to it.

There's not much we can do from here though, sadly. You may need to have a chat with the router manufacturer (or whoever you got it from). There's a really, really wide array of possible problems that could be going on given the current information, which is probably why no one has responded yet. If you can, talk to the people directly and see if they can get you help based on your specific router.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Could there be some kind of default firewall-type blocking of whatever IP address the PC has? Those kind of settings could (for some strange reason) be part of the default router configuration. I don't know *why* they'd do that, but it sounds if you're sending packets out but receiving absolutely none, like somehow traffic is being explicitly blocked to it.

There's not much we can do from here though, sadly. You may need to have a chat with the router manufacturer (or whoever you got it from). There's a really, really wide array of possible problems that could be going on given the current information, which is probably why no one has responded yet. If you can, talk to the people directly and see if they can get you help based on your specific router.

Yeah - it is a very nebulous problem. Thanks though!

Yall on