Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Iron Man: Invincible Upgrade! (WINNERS POSTED)

124»

• AngryAngry Slang Pope Breakbeat MinisterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    well dmac, even if you don't win, you're going to have to buy that statuette so that i can steal it ok?

GW2: Doomunit.5462
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    looks like he through on about 8 coats of gloss after the hot rod red.

it looks neat.

for some reason, i want to see a crest of some kind going fron the back of his neck to where the red ends on his forehead. but that might be a little much.

i'd definitely like to see the other concept you were thinking of too.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Posting art in the same thread as DMAC is always a recipe for shattered self-esteem, but here's my shot at Iron Man, complete with I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing coloring.

ironmancolored2xk8.png

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I actually think your headpiece is rad Munch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirralVirral Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Looks great mate, although I did do a double take when I saw his feet... for a second I thought he had three

2vlp7o9.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    how long does it normally take these guys to pick their winners?

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • AngryAngry Slang Pope Breakbeat MinisterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yeah i definitely saw three feet for a while too. i don't see iron man in it munch, but i like it a lot.

GW2: Doomunit.5462
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    make it so he has 6 abs instead of 8 and it'll be a great steampunk looking thing

• ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hope you don't mind, Munch, but I took a stab at coloring yours. I like the design, it reminds me of Abe from Hellboy. I used your first pencils, as I like the chest and feet more in it.

munchironman.jpg

Also, DMAC, that Iron Madarin is rad.

• DMACDMAC Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    The winners have been posted over at Project Rooftop. I made it into the third place category which I guess qualifies me for the Iron Man TPB. Some fun stuff there.

forum_sig
    DarrenMAC on Xbox Live | deviantART | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook
    edited April 2008
    Wow some interesting stuff there. Not totally sold on the winner but it's an interesting concept. Funny that the idea of a Steampunk Iron Man was raised and dismissed on this thread and yet that's virtually what ended up winning.

The second place was a surprise... I mean it looks awesome but if someone had shown it to me I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be Iron Man without being told. Where's the hot rod red man??

Congrats on a 3rd place/tier win DMAC, I really liked your design.

2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    the winner isn't steampunk at all

edited April 2008
    No, it's not. But it isn't modern either, it's a reimagining of the character as a Howard Hughes style inventor. In my mind there is no difference between submitting that kind of design and submitting a steam punk design, neither of them are going to be relevant to the modern character.

Edit: That doesn't make it bad, just that I thought the point of the comp was to redesign the modern armour... not to completely reimagine the character. Hell, I would have loved to see some steampunk designs.

2vlp7o9.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A lot of cool stuff there. I think the ones by Paul Maybury and Ming Doyle are my favorites. Jon McNally's is pretty excellent too.

And congrats for placing third DMAC.

edited April 2008
    Everyone needs to see the Jon McNally Iron Man!

im_jon_mcnally1.jpg

2vlp7o9.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    god that one is so rad

• DMACDMAC Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I'd have had a hard time not giving that one first place.

forum_sig
    DarrenMAC on Xbox Live | deviantART | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yours is good too, DMAC

but man

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I really liked all of the designs. Some of them have weakspots, but those were already pointed out by the hosts. I really like the idea of Iron Man knock offs and crazy cartoons and whatnot in Japan, which is what McNally has me thinking and Ming did on purpose.

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Those were all really cool. Iron Man is such an excellent character to design alternate stuff for.

124»