As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade Toys!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    Charles, because I'm not a big fan of the CTS, and there's already Buddy Christ figures.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    Anarchy...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DamionDamion Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Jesus all the way baby!

I'm kinda disappointed they Don't have "Dev" or there Wifys as an option.

Damion on
    damionitc.png
  • Options
    TylerM23TylerM23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I can definitely see future toys with numerous Gabe/Tycho variants... if there's articulation, I will buy them all. Or, if not articulation, at least bendables...

TylerM23 on
  • Options
    BizzyMarksBizzyMarks Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    <---- Frank, Frank, Frank. Damn it. 4%???? Take off your pants!

BizzyMarks on
  • Options
    MonkeycutionerMonkeycutioner Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    This may be a little strange, but I would like to see some classic characters like the Zombie that is dressed like Tycho, Saftey Monkey, Bat Jew, and that game store manager Frank.

Monkeycutioner on
    "Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better, and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when its just about right. - The Tick"
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    I dont... sigh. I just dont know what Im going to do if Jesus doesnt make the cut.

Sheep on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I really want a Charles figure, especially if it comes with a pie accessory. And they seem to have neglected his prior alter ego, Chuck.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Since the CTS doesn't really fit into the standard scheme, I would rather see him included in a set with characters from his stories. That way, they could include characters that fit in with Tycho and Gabe.

Come on Charles!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    chubbitchubbit Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Gabe, Tycho, Charles, Hector and Jesus.

With tube, cat, ipod, hat and halo accessories.

chubbit on
  • Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    While I will likely buy the figs no matter what, I sort of hope they are InAction figures. Figures with points of articulation always look sort of shitty imho. However beautifully crafted figs that hold a single pose always look awesome. You just have to use your imagination if you intend to play with them.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Definitely Jesus!
    Jesus is F***ing metal
    "Chatty little bitch wants talk he should get on IRC"

words to live by oh holy one.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    JeanBaptiste Emanuel ZorgJeanBaptiste Emanuel Zorg Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    God help you if we don't get a Khoo figure eventually.

Thank you The Geek! You must have either read my post or my mind, not sure which is more likely, but you never dissappoint!
    ...Khoo deserves his own figure!

JeanBaptiste Emanuel Zorg on
    Tell ya what I do like though. A killer. A dyed in the wool killer-- coldblooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer when he picked up the ZF-1 would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    It's awesome that their doing something with The Merch for sure.

That would be cool if it was a plush doll, like the one in the office.

James on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    This may be a little strange, but I would like to see some classic characters like the Zombie that is dressed like Tycho, Saftey Monkey, Bat Jew

Oh the awesome fun I would have with a Safety Monkey action figure. Please, please, please?

As it is I'm already going to have to buy the whole five-figure set just to get a Jesus throwing the horns figure to set on the soundboard at church.

Woo!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    A fruit fucker is requested.

Rivulent on
  • Options
    phirewindphirewind Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Gotta throw in my vote for Jesus a la der hornen. With a fried twinkie in the other hand, and maybe blue sparks along the hem of his robe.

Set 1: Gabe, Tycho, Jesus, Annarchy, Charles: "The Gamers"
    Set 2: Brenna, Kara, Zombie, Frank, Hector: "The Family". (I mean, c'mon, we all know Frank is our crazy uncle, right?)

CTS might best be served as a stand-alone product, perhaps with various thugs to beat up and diarama background sets. (w00t merchandising)

phirewind on
  • Options
    KilogreKilogre Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Gabe needs to have walrus and unicorn accsesories.

Kilogre on
    sig.pl?Kilogre
    sigattach21wl.gif
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Kilogre wrote:
    It seems like you don't even like Penny Arcade.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    KilogreKilogre Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Kilogre wrote:
    It seems like you don't even like Penny Arcade.
    I lost that sig :cry:

Kilogre on
    sig.pl?Kilogre
    sigattach21wl.gif
  • Options
    QueenBQueenB Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    I really like TheGeek's idea for releases of figurines. I'd hate to see Kara and Brenna get left out of the action figure thing. And it would be a good idea to release all the original humans at the same time. Whether you put Charles or Annarchy in the first release is a tough one, if you go along those lines. But, I also agree that the kid Annarchy is based on would be so honored to have an action figure...that would be a really awesome gesture, plus the character is freakin' cool anyway.
    Yeah...but still...PacMan watch is a must, people.
    Ok, I'm done.

QueenB on
    "Quotey quote quote quote..."
  • Options
    phirewindphirewind Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Addendum: The "Accessory pack". Small items that might feel "rippish" if sold to-scale as a character in a 5-pack. Cat, Div, bucket on wheels, pac-man skateboard, cardboard tube, radioactive scorpion, computer, "customer appreciation bat" (if not included with Frank), pig and wax, cowboy hat... monkey, and of course, the Necrowombicon. Probably would have "licensing issues" if you did a named console.

phirewind on
  • Options
    ultraexactzzultraexactzz BLEASCHMNN Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Question. Are these going to be action-figure style toys, with points of articulation and movement? Or will they be more McFarlane-style mini-statues that remain immobile?

If possible, they should have hands that can hold accessories - a cardboard tube is obvious, but maybe a merch doll for Annarchy or a spinfusor for Jesus might be in order as well. Would Nintendo let you have permission for a tiny DS accessory for Gabe and/or Tycho?

ultraexactzz on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Psst, Mr. Gabe. Don't listen to them. As the poll shows, only 2 percent of them are clean. Licked so clean. Clean is the way we like it, yes? A vote for Hector is a vote for licked-clean balls*.

*im not going to lick anyones balls, dammit.**

**unless you're cute.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    In a cooler, less litigious alternate universe, they'd already be taking preorders for "Strawberry Shortcake." Just saying...

grendel824_ on
  • Options
    jak7890jak7890 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Obviously Jesus with Der Hornen is a pretty big shoe-in (sp?), but dammit if I don't want Dreamcast in there; maybe with a cardboard box house and an alcohol bottle in a brown paper bag.

jak7890 on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I really hope that Merch stuff also means Fleshreaper stuff. How can anyone not love Fleshreaper? I love Fleshreaper best! It has bat wings! And fangs! And it's a black cube thingy! And it hurts people!

Also, I would like some Fleshreaper T-shirts, like its first appearance, or its silhouette against the moon, in Ladies sizes please. And a pony.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Omega DynamicsOmega Dynamics Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    Why is this even a contest, surely you must make gabe and tycho's CAT a figure.

Omega Dynamics on
    Who are these Samurai Pizza Cats you speak of?
  • Options
    jak7890jak7890 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    lodger wrote:
    I'm going to have to say Brenna and Kara. They've been there since the beginning, are hilarious, and would give the first package a sort of "PA family" feel, (even moreso if another oldschooler like Charles were the fifth.)

I would rather have the CTS saved for something like an "elseworlds PA," that could also include "Deputy John Gabriel," and "nuclear-scorpion irradiated Tycho" and the like.

Good call, good call.

jak7890 on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    i would love life forever if there was a jesus "wooooo" with horns up figure.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    What about Tycho's arch-nemesis, the zombie :?:

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    jak7890 wrote:
    lodger wrote:
    I'm going to have to say Brenna and Kara. They've been there since the beginning, are hilarious, and would give the first package a sort of "PA family" feel, (even moreso if another oldschooler like Charles were the fifth.)

I would rather have the CTS saved for something like an "elseworlds PA," that could also include "Deputy John Gabriel," and "nuclear-scorpion irradiated Tycho" and the like.

Good call, good call.

I concur.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    I also favor the idea previously put forward in this thread to have Zombie.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    late in the game, I know, but I'd still like to suggest that a Jack Thompson action figure would make a fine addition to the group.

...what? Didn't you guys ever melt or blow up G.I. Joes?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I find myself with a sudden, visceral desire to posess these objects. It's amazing, to go from sudden ignorance of a thing, to a burning need for them to be produced and appear on one's doorstep.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    The first box set should be the original cast (Tycho, Gabe, Brenna, Kara and Charles. The CTS should have his own action figure. Jesus, Annarchy, and everyone else should be in the second box set. Then you can do a set as the evolution of PA. Toys of Tycho and Gabe based off of the evolution of your drawing style since day one. From what I can remember there's only really been 3, maybe 4 distinctively different styles that you've drawn PA.

...well that's my 2 cents, enjoy!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm gonna have to agree that Khoo needs a figure.

Also, Geek, if you'll recall, Ari made a Leviathan plush/pillow too.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    DraygonZeroDraygonZero Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    Glow-in-the-dark Crawdad! WOO! :)
    Or just the claws inside a can like my avatar... :P

DraygonZero on
    crawdad1009dm.jpg
  • Options
    AKdorkAKdork Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    Brenna and Kara definately deserve figures, as does imho Tycho's Cat...perhaps as his own toy, perhaps as merely an accessory to Tycho?

AKdork on
  • Options
    PifmanPifman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I apologize in advance for not reading all 10 pages of peoples comments, but anyways... Wouldn't it be silly to put out the first 5 toys without Charles? He's one of the bigger sort-of original characters. I understand the need for newer characters (Annarchy) cuz they're popular right now, and that'd help with sales. But I feel as though Charles is getting overlooked a little.
    The Geek wrote:
    Having a CTS figure would be like having two Gabes in the first line.

CTS should be released in a future batch.

Exactamundo. There's no need to blow your wad on the first batch. Save the CTS for the 2nd batch and it'll sell like hot tamagotchis. And like others have said, two Gabes (sort of) in one batch is a little weird.

Pifman on
    PA-Signature.gif