As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join the PAX Volunteer Enforcer Staff! [old]

2»

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Enforce.

Watch the doors for badges, bag check, keeps score for the tourneys, set things up, takes things down, keeps order and make things get done.

Am I missing anything? It's volunteering for PAX. Use your imagination.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    indentured servitude....enjoy.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    What does an enforcer do exactly?

Your mom.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2006
    this sounds like amazing!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to guess rooming is not covered right?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Lanyth wrote:

Huh?

BigRed on
  • Options
    padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    So... is it fun?

Just wondering. :)

padmeamanda on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Lanyth wrote:
    nope.
    So... is it fun?
    yes.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    MomGamerMomGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I'm in, if you want me. ;)

I just sent in my application. And with all these yo-mama's running around, it sounds cool!

MomGamer on
    I think being sucked into a black hole would bring people closer, but it won't help us like each other more. - Mobo
  • Options
    galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Hey there, Khoo and company! I would like to be an enforcer this year. I have always admired them for their steadfast attention to detail and overall ability to defy the body's basic needs :wink: App is sent, so please let me know?

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • Options
    PlayPlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Is it common to wait a long time to hear back? I sent my app in 3 weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. I hope you guys get back to be soon. I really want to be a part of this.

Play on
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    yeah it takes a bit as I'm sure they have a ton of stuff to go through not to mention working on more stuff for the event these days....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Play wrote:
    Is it common to wait a long time to hear back? I sent my app in 3 weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. I hope you guys get back to be soon. I really want to be a part of this.
    Yeah it can take a while and Mother Hen likes to let people in in groups so just relax we haven't forgotten about you. BTW It's totally worth the wait.

flatrabbit on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I just saw a newspost on PA's front page today calling for more volunteers. So it would seem there are more positions available. (Hooray?)

That's good because on March 27 PRD told me via email there were no positions available. I'm glad to see some new positions out there.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Hmm, this is weird. I replied back to PRD a bit ago, mentioning the news post on the front page. PRD just replied back a few minutes ago: still no open positions.

So people who haven't applied yet are welcome to go to PAX as an attendee, but no new black shirts are needed.

(Why the front page post, then?)

mspencer on
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    There is a good chance that once the newspost was made that hundreds of people applied and they got all they needed, but perhaps they're just keeping others on file who apply in case people drop out of the position.

That's my guess though, since links on the front page usually end in that result.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Aha. I just got another reply back from PRD. It looks like this year they're looking for local volunteers, not out-of-towners. She encouraged me to apply again next year, though -- they might open it up to people from out of town at some point in the future.

So disregard my last.

mspencer on
  • Options
    YF 19 AVFYF 19 AVF regular
    edited May 2006
    Well I am going to be living about 20 minutes from PAX so I would be more than happy to help out. Sign me up boss.

YF 19 AVF on
    500sig.jpg
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    As an Enforcer, I've learned more from this thread as to what is actually going on than I've gotten from the Enforcer boards.

Doubly excited as of NOW.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    omoshiroiomoshiroi Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Besides, at 5'0" in height, what could I enforce aside from the Stoat Check??? :P

We've got a handy Goat Check, a Boat Check, and... well, in honor of PRD I'll have to make some kind of "Zygote Check" sign his year, and see how long I can have it up before she clubs me like a harp seal.

omoshiroi on
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
  • Options
    mrbernsmrberns Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Im applying right now, my main reason being that I'm and A/V tech at the Westin downtown here and figured with my experience I could help out in that way, but I read that theres an outside A/V company thats taking care of A/V so I wasn't sure if that would be a problem. I'm guessing not, but doesn anyone know if there is A/V work thats done at all by the enforcers?

mrberns on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    mrberns wrote:
    Im applying right now, my main reason being that I'm and A/V tech at the Westin downtown here and figured with my experience I could help out in that way, but I read that theres an outside A/V company thats taking care of A/V so I wasn't sure if that would be a problem. I'm guessing not, but doesn anyone know if there is A/V work thats done at all by the enforcers?

Err...

This is last year's application. Wait until this year's app gets put up...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It is up:

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/faqs.php#faq9

and theres not much AV stuff done by the enforcers, sorry. Although anybody willing to help out would be excelent :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Any chance that application form could be made a PDF instead of a .doc? I don't have a copy of Word handy.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Last year, I said, "Next year, I'm going as either staff or as an omeganaut" I'll choose the former.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    MurderBotMurderBot Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I'm currently writing down my application as an enforcer, I've been a long time PA reader and Fan of all of the artwork that the PA guys do, but I haven't been an active member on the forums, is that going to hinder my chances of being selected?

MurderBot on
  • Options
    Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    MurderBot wrote: »
    I'm currently writing down my application as an enforcer, I've been a long time PA reader and Fan of all of the artwork that the PA guys do, but I haven't been an active member on the forums, is that going to hinder my chances of being selected?

No, many of the enforcers aren't active members of the main PA forums.

Amber Fechko on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    kelp wrote: »
    MurderBot wrote: »

No, many of the enforcers aren't active members of the main PA forums.

I think im the only active one here :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is it possibly to volunteer mostly for setting up Thursday and tearing the place down Monday?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What Enforcers Really Do
    Enforcers are asked to work at least one 6-hour shift per day (Fri, Sat, Sunday) where possible. They don't all have to be in the same area. Most Enforcers volunteer for two shifts, and sometimes more but we try to avoid grinding them into the ground. I'm not making any Peach Tea jokes here... we work you hard. An underground supply of BAWLS and energy bars keeps many Enforcers fueled for the weekend.

Does that answer your question, Trooper?

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, if this is last years announcement then shouldn't it have been locked or moved to avoid confusion? :lol:

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Wait, if this is last years announcement then shouldn't it have been locked or moved to avoid confusion? :lol:

Indeed, thanks.

Locked. We'll create a new one with updated information.

Amber Fechko on
This discussion has been closed.