As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOOO! First time RROD here.

Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
So...I know I should probably just call Microsoft, but what do I need in order to be prepared for sending in my 360?

Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
Nitsuj82.png
Nitsuj82 on

• Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Serial number on the back of the console. That's all they asked me for anyway.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I didn't even call MS. I just used their handy-dandy website.

MisterGrok on
    GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've never had any trouble with my 360 and I got it day one but that 3 year warranty will run out soon, I'm wondering if I should send it in too see if I can get a new model. I mean it's really loud and it has frozen a few times before, mostly on Oblvion but I don't play that anymore. Usually I get like one freeze on a entire playthrough of a game on average. Would it be worth sending it in or will they just send the same one back?

Dixon on
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sorry, bub, that 3 year warranty is ONLY if it RRoDs. Everything else is covered under the 1 year, which, by your account, is up now.

MisterGrok on
    GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MisterGrok wrote: »
    Sorry, bub, that 3 year warranty is ONLY if it RRoDs. Everything else is covered under the 1 year, which, by your account, is up now.

i think what he's trying to say is that you need to smack your xbox until it gets a little PROD feaver

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanks, guys. I just called M$, and the box/coffin for my beloved 360 is on its way.

Now I just wait. And not play R6V2 that I have on pre-order.

If it happens again, I may just buy an Elite.

Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png