As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ITT Zen is so [chat]tin' hungover

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    No offense Jotate, but the stupidest people in band were inevitably drummers.

I mean, that's not to say that there weren't smart drummers, too, but if I were to make a list of the five stupidest people in the band, inevitably four of them would be drummers, and they would without a doubt make up the entirety of the top three.
    What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
    Drool.
    I always heard "what were the drummer's IQ test results? Negative."

Thanatos on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    also the office is empty today so i will be embezzling some work time by reading a book

skippydumptruck on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, so...what to do?

Gorilla Salad on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    I don't get it.

"Drool" isn't a possible outcome of an IQ test.

As in he literally drooled ON the test, like physically drool exited his mouth and landed on top of the test.

Inquisitor on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tabuu's a bitch.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Don't the drummer jokes also apply to the bass guitarist? I could have sworn I've heard similar jokes.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No offense Jotate, but the stupidest people in band were inevitably drummers.

I mean, that's not to say that there weren't smart drummers, too, but if I were to make a list of the five stupidest people in the band, inevitably four of them would be drummers, and they would without a doubt make up the entirety of the top three.
    What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
    Drool.
    I always heard "what were the drummer's IQ test results? Negative."

"a very low score. drummers are dumb."

Casual Eddy on
    edited March 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Don't the drummer jokes also apply to the bass guitarist? I could have sworn I've heard similar jokes.

Shut up.

Bass guitarists are the best so nyaaah.

Inquisitor on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    The news agenda actually seems to be narrowing, with many Web sites primarily packaging news that is produced elsewhere, according to the Project for Excellence in Journalism's annual State of the News Media report. Two stories - the war in Iraq and the 2008 presidential election campaign - represented more than a quarter of the stories in newspapers, on television and online last year, the project found. Take away Iraq, Iran and Pakistan, and news from all of the other countries in the world combined filled up less than 6 percent of the American news hole, the project said.

lol concentration of media ownership

Echo on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lets make fun of people and their violas!

Haphazard on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Shut up.

Bass guitarists are the best so nyaaah.
    What's the difference between a bass and a casket?
    With a casket, the corpse is on the inside.

Thanatos on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

.......:|

nexuscrawler on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tabuu's a bitch.

I didn't realize at first that you can dodge that move where he goes in the background and the red waves one hit KO you.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited March 2008
    I...I don't get it than?

I'm a zombie?

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2008
    I thought the general ribbing of bass guitar was just how boring of an instrument it is

Casual Eddy on
    edited March 2008

I don't believe you, nexus. Not you!

Haphazard on
    edited March 2008
    Tabuu's a bitch.

I almost got him on my first try but I selected sonic for my 5th character and having never played with him got my ass handed to me.

Good one than.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2008
    I need to get myself some picks and a cord for my electric guitar, I have been slowly learning Paint it Black and Sweet Child of Mine.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tabuu's a bitch.

I didn't realize at first that you can dodge that move where he goes in the background and the red waves one hit KO you.

How the shit do you dodge that???

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2008

Ha I failed at trying to play the triangle for gods sake

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2008
    I don't get it.

"Drool" isn't a possible outcome of an IQ test.

As in he literally drooled ON the test, like physically drool exited his mouth and landed on top of the test.
    I know. ;-)

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Timing you inbreds.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2008

Ha I failed at trying to play the triangle for gods sake

We are like one! :D

Haphazard on
    edited March 2008
    Tabuu's a bitch.

How the shit do you dodge that???

The thing that hits you is the actual red line and it comes in 3 quick waves, so basically 3 side dodges is what you have to do.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey Irene, should I learn cello or double bass when I feel like switching up to something more acoustic from my bass guitar.

I guess it depends on what you like and what you want to do. I would say the cello has greater utility overall, because, traditionally, there are very few parts for the bass (mostly either orchestral or jazz, I think, though nowadays you get bands with all sorts of instruments in them). There are lots of great classical pieces written for cello, but not much for the double bass. And since you already play the bass guitar, it might be nice to switch to an instrument in a different register. But I dunno, you might find playing the double bass more fun.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    Let us mate and create musically inept babies

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2008
    I thought the general ribbing of bass guitar was just how boring of an instrument it is

It's only as boring as you let it be.

I mean, I don't see how it would be any more or less boring than most any other instrument.

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2008
    I tried dodging that attack and it smoked me every time, I just found each guy was a suicide bomber against his health, I got him by my 4th dude.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2008
    I guess it depends on what you like and what you want to do. I would say the cello has greater utility overall, because, traditionally, there are very few parts for the bass (mostly either orchestral or jazz, I think, though nowadays you get bands with all sorts of instruments in them). There are lots of great classical pieces written for cello, but not much for the double bass. And since you already play the bass guitar, it might be nice to switch to an instrument in a different register. But I dunno, you might find playing the double bass more fun.

Even though there's no concrete answer in there, thanks. It helped re-affirm my suspicions. Either way there's no rush, it will probably be years before I pick either up as an additional instrument.

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2008

Even though there's no concrete answer in there, thanks. It helped re-affirm my suspicions. Either way there's no rush, it will probably be years before I pick either up as an additional instrument.

I try to not give any concrete answers, because the answer is within yourself. It's very zen of me, I know.

Though I thought that my answer was fairly biased towards the cello. I think this means you really want to learn the double bass.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    i don't recall any trumpet jokes.

although it's not a sexy an instrument as the sax

Casual Eddy on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The girl I'm dating now plays the cello. Also the violin. And the piano. She's very talented.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    Actually, I'm leaning towards the cello, I just didn't want to flat out say it to make it seem like I let your bias hold such sway over me. :P

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2008

although it's not a sexy an instrument as the sax

I know a French Horn joke:
    This girl came back from a date with a French Horn player, and her roommate asked her how it went. "Pretty good," the girl replied, "He's a good kisser, but for some reason he tried to shove his fist up my butt."

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008

Trumpets are for gaymos.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How do you tune two piccolos?
    Shoot one of them.
    Band jokes are the best.

And by "best," I of course mean "only worth telling in the company of other band nerds."

Stupid people in my high school band were pretty much all over the place. The saxophone players were pretty intelligent across the board. I understand that the majority of drummers are retards/douches. I take pride in having been told by other musicians that I'm an exception to that rule. And that makes the drums the best instrument.

You don't have to be as technically awesome to be a successful drummer. You just have to be adequate and not a fucking asshole.

jotate on
    edited March 2008
    Actually, I'm leaning towards the cello, I just didn't want to flat out say it to make it seem like I let your bias hold such sway over me. :P

Just admit it, you've become dependent on me to make your mind up for you. Just like a woman.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What the hell. Is it fashionable to break spoiler tags or something?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Church wrote: »
    What the hell. Is it fashionable to break spoiler tags or something?

It was broken for literally 10 seconds. Suck a dick.

jotate on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Church wrote: »
    The girl I'm dating now plays the cello. Also the violin. And the piano. She's very talented.
    a child prodigy

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.