As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer hardware advice [Mouse]

RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
Got a few things I'm looking to change to my computer and just wanting some advice.

Looking to get a new mouse. Currently I have Logitch mx510.

2837742_125.jpg

While there is nothing wrong with it, it's old and I'm looking for something to help my aim in some TF2 games. Also, I've had it for like four years and it's starting to have minor response issues time to time, I swear it's what screws my ubers. >.<

So price isn't a major issue, but I don't wanna spend more than 60 unless it is truly worth it. I really like the Logitech feel to their gaming mouses (mice?) so I'd like to stick with them.

Also, looking for a mic for TF2 as well. Don't want headset/mic combo since I got 5.1 speakers I prefer to use, just a small simple mic that I can use on my head or clip to my shirt. Anyone use these and got some suggestions?

steam_sig.png
Ryadic on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have not found a mouse better than the MX510.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Moved by request.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You can use a stand-alone mic with a 5.1 sound system? I would have guessed all the background noise would create gross feedback or just plain hard-to-understand voice output for everyone else playing. I learn something new every day. :)

Kris on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well I don't have the speakers too loud, but I've used a mic before, just it's attached to a headset so I need to turn the speakers up louder just to hear. The headset makes good mufflers it would seem... =\

But no one complained about feedback.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If you like the Logitech shape, I'm not sure if you would like Razer mice. Although the DeathAdder kind of differs from the rest of the Razer line, but you could always try it and the mx518 ofc.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Well maybe you should bother looking.

You know, you might find things like the MX518, which has been out for several years.

Which was replaced by the G5/G7.

Which was updated with the G5 2007.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So would the 518 be worth it, or should I just try to get a G5 or G7? The G9 looks too weird for me to try to use.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have the Microsoft Habu, and while it's pretty and responsive, I don't think it's better than other gaming mice on the market. I've actually flashed the Habu with Razer's Copperhead firmware instead, and now have a lot less problems with it.

gm_habu_otherview_1.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=092

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    imbalanced wrote: »
    I have the Microsoft Habu, and while it's pretty and responsive, I don't think it's better than other gaming mice on the market. I've actually flashed the Habu with Razer's Copperhead firmware instead, and now have a lot less problems with it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=092

I love the Razer products from a comfort and usage perspective (I have both a Copperhead and a Diamondback) but their drivers SUCK! I've had tremendous issues keeping the damn things working consistently since the day I bought them. They occasionally just "forget" they are mice and stop working. I try them again later and they are back! VERY annoying, but if you don't have those issues they are excellent gaming mice.

I'm currently using a Logitech MX610 Cordless, but thats mostly because its the only lefty mouse in existence these days. It serves me okay, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has the larger selection of Logitech mice to choose from.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So would the 518 be worth it, or should I just try to get a G5 or G7? The G9 looks too weird for me to try to use.

518, just do it.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    no

G5 2007

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No, Razer DeathAdder.

deathadder_LRG4.jpg

I love mine. Comfortable, never skips, excellent for low sensitivity, etc.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]