As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deep Crow

• Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Eranus wrote: »
    maybe 2d4 for the hatchling, then.
    I think the Shriek wont affect the CR too badly, b/c with good tactics, it shouldn't be too hard to defeat a Deep Crow with lvl 12 characters.

Wait... this thing isn't a dragon! 4D8 damage is pretty powerful for a secondary attack! I always figured it's melee was it's main form of damage.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • PipboyPipboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Maybe we should consider giving it a form of Evasion when on the wing or Uncanny Dodge while on the ground and adjusting the AC a bit again. It is very quick and has the many eyes of a spider; it's not unreasonable to think that getting behind this thing and laying down a precise hit as it flaps its wings and thrashes its tail about would be near impossible. It's also not all that terribly unreasonable when you consider its AC isn't really all that great to begin with. Offering it some protection from Sneak Attacks and being caught flat-footed shouldn't be too unmanageable for a smart group.

Pipboy on
  • EranusEranus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    Eranus wrote: »
    maybe 2d4 for the hatchling, then.
    I think the Shriek wont affect the CR too badly, b/c with good tactics, it shouldn't be too hard to defeat a Deep Crow with lvl 12 characters.

Wait... this thing isn't a dragon! 4D8 damage is pretty powerful for a secondary attack! I always figured it's melee was it's main form of damage.

I see what you mean, maybe change the d8s to d6s?

Eranus on
    Brawl code: 1075-0447-8909 tag: CRONO
    this sig is too tall - Elki
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Saar wrote: »
    Libertarians are straight up kooks. I remember this one guy running for office was a druid. A freaking druid. It said so right in the voter guide sent out to everyone.
    What level was he?
    Did he have an animal companion?
    edited March 2008
    Pipboy wrote: »
    Maybe we should consider giving it a form of Evasion when on the wing or Uncanny Dodge while on the ground and adjusting the AC a bit again. It is very quick and has the many eyes of a spider; it's not unreasonable to think that getting behind this thing and laying down a precise hit as it flaps its wings and thrashes its tail about would be near impossible. It's also not all that terribly unreasonable when you consider its AC isn't really all that great to begin with. Offering it some protection from Sneak Attacks and being caught flat-footed shouldn't be too unmanageable for a smart group.

Hmm, maybe a natural bonus to spot checks with the extra eyes, but it can't see behind it so I wouldn't say that it would have protection from sneak attacks.

It actually looks quite cumbersome to me, especially on the ground. It reminds me of some huge bison. Why do you think it's quick? I also can't think of any examples in D20 where a creature gains AC due to it's tail or wings. Only reflexes and armour (of various types). The tail and wings are damage/ability appendages.

It's a pitty we don't have more detail on the tail. :-(

I've reduced the damage from the Shriek. Tell me what you think.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not sure if anyone else has made the comparison yet, but you are essentially turning the deep crow into a dragon. Age categories? Breath weapons? Supernatural senses? Fear auras? Hmm...

That's not to say that is a bad thing, I just wanted to point it out.

Also, do extraplanar aberrations even need to eat in order to survive?

I would suggest only having three age categories, all non-epic, namely hatchling, adult/standard, and ancient. There should also be an epic version called Screech From Below or something.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited March 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else has made the comparison yet, but you are essentially turning the deep crow into a dragon. Age categories? Breath weapons? Supernatural senses? Fear auras? Hmm...

That's not to say that is a bad thing, I just wanted to point it out.

Also, do extraplanar aberrations even need to eat in order to survive?

I would suggest only having three age categories, all non-epic, namely hatchling, adult/standard, and ancient. There should also be an epic version called Screech From Below or something.

I was noticing that. I purposefully tuned down the shriek due to that comparison.

I guess I could remove the damage entirely and use it as a stunning effect.

I didn't see a need for supernatural senses, only so much as 4 eyes would give you.

I did, however, want to have Deep Crows for multiple challenge ratings so that they could be used in various different campaigns.

I'd be fine with just the Hatchling, normal and ancient.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
    edited March 2008
    I did, however, want to have Deep Crows for multiple challenge ratings so that they could be used in various different campaigns.

The only thing is that, unless their abilities are very similar, having more than three variants of a single monster makes the CR ranges kind of crowded. And if the abilities are so similar, or do not change beyond getting more powerful, you can simply use the HD advancement system.

The key questions thus become:

1) what can an adult deep crow do that a hatchling can't, and
    2) what can an ancient deep crow do that an adult can't?

If the answer is nothing, then just use HD advancement on the lower CR version, including a bonus die of damage on the sonic attack every four HD, instead of having a completely new stat block. Or just include a sample deep crow advanced to max HD labelled as an ancient deep crow.

delroland on
    edited March 2008
    Also, should the Alienist PrC be able to summon deep crows, i.e. are they native to the Far Realm?

delroland on
    edited March 2008

The only thing is that, unless their abilities are very similar, having more than three variants of a single monster makes the CR ranges kind of crowded. And if the abilities are so similar, or do not change beyond getting more powerful, you can simply use the HD advancement system.

The key questions thus become:

1) what can an adult deep crow do that a hatchling can't, and
    2) what can an ancient deep crow do that an adult can't?

If the answer is nothing, then just use HD advancement on the lower CR version, including a bonus die of damage on the sonic attack every four HD, instead of having a completely new stat block. Or just include a sample deep crow advanced to max HD labelled as an ancient deep crow.

Hmm. Very, very good point.

Well, a hatchling would not be able to use improved grab in the way that the adult would. It would also not have a fly speed.

I'm not sure about the ancient one.
    Also, should the Alienist PrC be able to summon deep crows, i.e. are they native to the Far Realm?

I figured they would be of the campaign world, rather than any other plane. They are, however, only found in the deep, dark places of the world.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
    edited March 2008
    Minutiae: give adults/ancients Scent (they can smell your fear!) and darkvision (90'? 120'?); is their sonic screech a cone or a burst? flight (60' clumsy? or faster/more agile?); fear/wis damage effect?; size huge, advancing to gargantuan with HD

hatchlings: naturally blind but still have Scent, no flight, no sonic screech; only a bite attack, no claws, no improved grab; size small or medium (dog sized? pony sized?); mother swallows eggs for protection, birthed by vomitting (because it's creepy as hell)

Just a few thoughts, take them or leave them. :)

delroland on
    edited March 2008
    Minutiae: give adults/ancients Scent (they can smell your fear!) and darkvision (90'? 120'?); is their sonic screech a cone or a burst? flight (60' clumsy? or faster/more agile?); fear/wis damage effect?; size huge, advancing to gargantuan with HD

hatchlings: naturally blind but still have Scent, no flight, no sonic screech; only a bite attack, no claws, no improved grab; size small or medium (dog sized? pony sized?); mother swallows eggs for protection, birthed by vomitting (because it's creepy as hell)

Just a few thoughts, take them or leave them. :)

I was originally thinking cone for shriek, but I guess a burst would work better. What's a good distance for a burst?

I'll write this all up tomorrow. For now, I sleep, and dream of the Deep Places where The Crow nests.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I stated up the Stalagmen. Tell me if their's anything wrong or any suggestions you might have.
    Stalagman, 1st-Level Warrior
    Size/Type: Small Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 1d8+6 (10 hp)
    Initiative: -1
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, -1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather), touch 9, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-4
    Attack: Spear +4 melee (1d6/×3) or sling +0 ranged (1d3)
    Full Attack: Spear +1 melee (1d6/×3) or sling +0 ranged (1d3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., damage reduction 2/adamantine, light sensitivity.
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref -1, Will -2
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +1, Profession (miner) +2, Spot +1.
    Feats: Toughness
    Environment: Underground
    Organization: Gang (4-9), band (10-100 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults and 1 leader of 4th-6th level)
    Challenge Rating: ½
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually neutral evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +0

Stalagmen racial traits:

Dex -2 Con +4 Int -2 Wis -2 Cha -2.

Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.

A Stalagman’s base land speed is 20 feet.

Darkvision out to to 60 feet.

+3 natural armor bonus.

Special Qualities: Damage reduction 2/adamantine, light sensitivity.

Automatic Languages: Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Terran.

Favored Class: Barbarian.

Level adjustment: +0.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was originally thinking cone for shriek, but I guess a burst would work better. What's a good distance for a burst?

Maybe sonic damage in a cone, status effect in a burst?

fadingathedges on
  • Jonathan DrainJonathan Drain Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    I like the idea of the deep crow possessing a sonic attack. It seems to fit the creature's general feel. It might be a good idea to have it deal an amount of sonic damage as well as leaving the survivors shaken.

If you've missed it, I've also done D&D stats for the stalagmen, including an advanced stalagman guardian. There's something a rocky humanoid with a spear about that demands the commissioning of a statblock.

Jonathan Drain on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh. Okay then.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    I like the idea of the deep crow possessing a sonic attack. It seems to fit the creature's general feel. It might be a good idea to have it deal an amount of sonic damage as well as leaving the survivors shaken.

If you've missed it, I've also done D&D stats for the stalagmen, including an advanced stalagman guardian. There's something a rocky humanoid with a spear about that demands the commissioning of a statblock.

The stats of the Stalagmen were linked in the opening post. :) (Edit: Now they've been copied over)

So what about the damage? How much should it do? As has been stated, we don't want this turning into a dragon. Should the damage come with the burst Shriek attack, or a separate attack?

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Maybe that could be a difference between the Deep Crow and Ancient Deep Crow. The oldest of Deep Crows have a screech that will leave your ears bleeding? Maybe even add a chance for minus to listening checks for a time?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CruxadorCruxador Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    I completely agree with the above post. I also think that damage should stay considerably lower than previously discussed. 6d6ish?

Cruxador on
    Once upon a time there were a man and a woman. And they had sex.
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I really think the Adult (or older) Deep Crows would have a Fear effect with their screech. But the stunning effect also makes sense. Could it work to have both effects?

Also, these suckers are going into my campaign, right along with the Lobstrosities.

Curly_Brace on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know, with 4E around the corner and it's focus on mobility, wouldn't statting be better if the Deep Crow utilized movement?

Their sonic screech could be a directed knock back, throwing back everyone within the cavern and possibly into stalactites. It could also manipulate the terrain such that it collapses portions of Powerdome-A's roof onto the heroes or sends stalagmites down on them. Then with he fighter well away, it can devour the tasty, tasty casters.
    I'm imagining the Deep Crow as an ancient and horrible thing that is impossibly suited to its subterranean environs. Like its sky-faring cousins it has amazing agility, but it instead of focusing it towards flight, it uses that agility to traverse caves and missile silos alike. It leaps from rock to rock with terrifying grace and is utilizes that terrain to it's fullest.

Also, if you look at the deep crow, you can see a few things:
    -The mandibles and eyes seem distinctly insectoid. As we saw, it feeds on the flesh of living creatures. I daresay that it can project insane whispers into the minds of those nearby, and draw them to its non-Euclidean domain when it hungers. Perhaps at close range, ancient ones can even dominate lesser creatures as a gaze attack. How after all do young deep crows survive to maturity before they enslave their crowhorts.
    -It has 4 legs, as if it were a subterranean griffin. Surely it cannot fly underground, so what purpose do the crow's wings serve? I posit this: The rhythmic beat of an ancient deep crow's wings serve to cycle air through its cavernous abode. This is why the stalagmen grudgingly worship it, because it is in very real terms the beating heart of the underground. It has such a mastery of the airflow of the underground, in can use gusts to shift all opponents as a free action once per round.
    -In the comic, it seems to have apparent supernatural powers. It has a baleful aura and isn't even contained by the border of its panel. I believe the ability to create supernatural silence is something that it can manifest. It is shown to be a stealthy creature of the darkness, able to sneak up on people and prevent others from hearing their screams. Its black coat prevents the underground denizens from spotting their death, while they never hear the gargantuan crow sneaking up on them until it is too late. Perhaps it is simply that the sound of its movements are not carried on the wind to its prey?

There is a reason it is the master of it's domain, after all.

From a mechanics point of view, these powers provide powerful defenses, but not huge instant death to the party. This ensures challenging combat, without the "kill it in round 3 or we're dead," which seems to be more in the spirit of 4E. Shifting characters would drastically reduce melee output, while silencing casters effects them similarly. However, since they are both wing based abilities, it can't do both to protect itself perpetually.
    The changes to the screech attack would allow it to modify the terrain and add traplike effects to the area on the fly. It could also provide short rests for the party to use healing surges/cast new buffs while the crow closes the distance.

Perhaps these ideas are lunacy, but I'd love to hear what you think about them.

zerg rush on
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    deeeeep croooooow

real_pochacco on
    edited March 2008
    I like the direction zerg rush is looking, but I think we're just statting for 3.x here, for those who want to run deep crows in their games 'this weekend' etc.

That being said:
    While this is a fun endeavor and all, I will almost certainly be generating a 4e deep crow for my personal use once June rolls around and I get comfy with 4e critter generation. I've been sortof planning out the fluff for mine, drawing lots from this thread.

Here are my notes, which are free for the re-re-hashing and whatnot.

attacks
    Beak 1 (primary): grapple & crush
    Beak 2 (situational): if one prey is isolated & wearing metal armor, Sunder armor attacks as it 'peels' it's food.
    Claws: melee attacks
    tail: melee attack?
    Shriek 1, once at encounter start: panic/fear
    Shriek 2: targeted sonic dmg, line or narrow cone
    Shriek 3: sonic knock-back, cave-in/rock damage, deafen
    Gaze: confusion? madness? fear?

notes
    -will not swallow live prey
    -swallow their young as eggs, feed them post hatching via eating,'vomitbirth' post hatching
    -greater than X bludgeon damage to the abdomen will induce a torrent of vomiting broken shells, unborn deep crow, and black acidic sludge. light damage, beak-grappled opponents dropped.
    -oily, black, stealthy
    -"nightmare writing?" crows too primal to write, worshippers? madness induced by screech/gaze induces insane scribblings? i like that.
    -"baleful aura?" that sounds fun. makes wat?

fadingathedges on
    edited March 2008
    These are all great ideas. Does someone want to write them up into "3.5 talk" so that I can adjust the stats in the opening post?

I don't want to make this thing TOO powerful at Deep Crow status. Let's keep it around the DC12 mark. As for Ancient Deep Crow, do we want to go epic, or around DC18-20?

As for 4th Ed rules, you're welcome to think about it (not that I have any way to stop you), but I don't want to put them in the opening post until 4th Ed is actually upon us, that way we have ALL the rules so we know we're not making it wrong. (Which makes things like forcing shifting a bad idea)

Zerg, that's excellent work with thinking about how the Crow moves around, but I would have figured that it either lived in a large LARGE network of expansive caverns, or it uses the wings as extra lift when 'jumping' from one stalagtite/mite to another, possibly hovering until it can grasp if need be.
    I completely agree on something with the eyes, perhaps some sort of frightening presence, as well as a supposed ability to hide, (although whether or not moving silently is on the cards is another issue, does it move very far in that comic? It certainly MOVES...)

Finally, I love the fact that "Crowhorts" has now been taken on. :D

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
    edited March 2008
    Crowhorts & Crownies D: We should probably be ashamed?

I think the "shift" stuff could be 3.5'd with a look at either a) Bull Rush rules -or- b) dragon Wing Buffet rules.

fadingathedges on
    edited March 2008
    This Deep Crow must not cross the line into Dragon territory. Be very careful.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
    edited March 2008
    Well, it's 4 legged with wings and lives in caves. It has a ranged mouth based attack, claws, possibly a fear attack, it should have a tail attack based on the first source image... there is alot of overlap that just makes sense, but i still consider it pretty unique. I personally wouldn't dodge the wing buffet's knockback mechanic just for the sake of keeping the crow undraconic. Find something else to set it apart.

*adds tail attack to notes*

fadingathedges on
    edited March 2008
    I think we were moving from the mouth-based ranged attack to more of a burst for the very reason of the draconic comparison. Or I assumed it.

I love that tail, but wish we had a better picture of it. Whether or not it's leathery or feathered. Just because it's the "missing part".

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think you guys are trying hard to make sure its not a "dragon." What's the difference between an Elf, and a Human? Backstory, a tweaked appearance, and different racial bonuses. Dragons and Deep Crows are similar, you can't avoid that. Both are big, both have wings, both have four legs. Big things with wings tend to generate a "buffet" effect when they flap said wings. Big things with wings and angry mouth parts tend to instill fear. However, dragons practically bleed magic, where Deep Crows seem more like just a really big fucking bird. And one would expect sound to scale with size, thus, big birds are really loud. This would likely disorientate unlucky travelers, if not stun/deafen them.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited March 2008
    Deep Crows seem to be social animals, moreso at least then dragons.

You fight an Ancient Dragon, you go into its lair and go toe to toe with the things.
    You fight a Ancient Deep Crow, you fight the whole slaughter of crows and stalagmen crowhorts.

Just that alone would make the encounters vastly different from one another.

zerg rush on
  • MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would posit that young deep crows are social, and even middle age deep crows "proper" could be found in nests of three to four of the beasts.

However the "Truly Ancient" deep crows would be akin to lovecraftian horrors that they resemble, brooding dark and alone in horrible tombs beneath the earth, having not seen light for nigh ten thousand years. Their only contact with "lesser" deep crows would be when they were brought food. Implying that you would have to dig too deep to find one. I also see ancient deep crows as being startlingly intelligent, possibly capable of speaking one or more languages (undercommon, abyssal?). Though they are loath to reveal this to outsiders. They would also possibly have the ability to cast Deeper Darkness 3/day or something.

Also, they should have ultravision (or something), giving them the ability to simply see in the dark as normal creatures see in the day, as well as the ability to see in magical darkness. I would also say they should have light blindness. Additionally, we could amp up the strength and simply give them awesome blow for a knockback ability. The "Baleful Aura" could be a Desecrate or Bane that causes food and water to spoil in their presence, or something equally horrific.

I think I'll work on a set of action zones ala Iron Heroes for deep crows, and throw them up here when I'm done.

Maticore on
  • DevnoimagDevnoimag Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have an adventure hook that I like. Deep crows eat rare minerals, gold, magic items, and the like. They would set such fare aside in a special birthing area where they would vomit up their young to feed. Basically, it would be a very well guarded treasure trove. The treasure itself, when eaten, could give them a short term boost, or it could be the reason for their growth to gigantic proportions.

I'm thinking that the deepcrows ate all the obvious mineral deposits around their lair and took to eating crag men. The crag men then began gathering and offering treasure to the crows to save their lives. The relationship then became somewhat symbiotic. The crows became stronger from the sacrifices, and the crag men had protetection from outsiders via the crows. The cragmen would eventually become desperate for more sacrificial material, and would go raiding local settlements. Depending on their success, they could even receive deep crow support on said raids if it led to the crows getting more grub.

Devnoimag on
    edited March 2008
    Son, it's Stalagmen.
    :lol:

Maticore to talk about action zones.

fadingathedges on
  • DevnoimagDevnoimag Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Now I must commit ritualistic suicide to regain my honor.

Devnoimag on
  • TheGreatestAliasEverTheGreatestAliasEver Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Deep Crow stats converted into Dark Heresy, maybe? Ideas in the spoiler.

Truly Ancient Deepcrow
    Beating it's prey with unholy buffets from it's pitch black wings, the Truly Ancient Deepcrow is a horrendous sight to behold. Easily the size of Scar Wyrm, these massive beasts are the bane of all who wander beneath the crusts of their home planets. Out of all known encounters with these creatures, only two survivors are known, and they are hardly capable of speaking a coherent sentence before breaking down into intense spasms and gibberish. What has been gleaned is that these horrendous beasts have actually fine-tuned the latent psychic abilities of their younger kin, becoming dangerously capable of drawing in helpless men to their demise.

Indigenous Creature

Stats
    Weapon Skill - (29 + 30) = 59
    Ballistic Skill - 24
    Strength - (47 + 7) = 54
    Toughness - (23 - 10 + 6 + 20 =) 39
    Agility - 25 on the ground / 45 when flying
    Intelligence - 13
    Perception - 40 (Unnatural Sight gives it 80 within 30 meters.
    Willpower - 32
    Fellowship - 0
    Wounds - 39

Movement: Ground - 5/10/15/30 ; Air - 7/14/21/42

Skills: Awareness +10 (per); Climb +20 (S); Silent Move; Flight

Talents and Traits:Bestial; Unnatural Sense [Sight] (30 meters); Massive Size; Innate Psyker (Psy rating of 2, has "Crow's Calling".); Extra Limbs; Natural Gear; Fear 3 [Horrifying] (-20 to WP test); Natural Weapons (Talon and Beak); Natural Armor 3 (Leathery flesh)

Armor: None (Head 3, Body 3, Arms 3, Legs 3)

Weapons: Natural Weapon: Beak (2d10 + 2 R; Plus test Toughness or suffer 1d5 instant damage, unmitigated by armor. Can only be used when not in flight. Cannot be used with Swift Attack. Primitive) ; Natural Weapon: Talon (1d10, Penetrate 3; Primitive); Breath Weapon: Sonic Screech (Effects all within 30m range, 1d10+TB, S/-/-, Impact. anyone hit by the Screech must immediately test toughness, even if no damage is taken. On a fail, target gets 1 fatigue point of damage, +1 for every degree of failure.)

Threat Rating: Xenos Extremis

Crow's Calling (psychic ability)-
    Threshold- 9
    Focus Time- Full Action
    Sustained for 1d10 minus the Target's Willpower bonus rounds (Minimum of 1 round)
    Range- 60 meters
    Overbleed - for every 3 points the Crow exceeds the Threshold by, Increase the duration by 1 round.
    Effect- The target hears the deep, sultry mind-voice of the Truly Ancient Deepcrow probing his mind, beckoning with a poisoned-honey tone to come closer. If the target fails, they stumble forward for a distance equal to half their movement speed each round they're under the effects of the Calling.

TheGreatestAliasEver on
    edited March 2008
    Truly Ancient Deepcrow
    Indigen creature
    Stats
    Ballistic Skill - 0
    Strength - (47 + 7 =) 54
    Toughness - (23 - 10 + 6 + 20=) 39
    Agility - 25 (45 when flying)
    Intelligence - 13
    Perception - 40 (80 within 30 meters)
    Willpower - 32
    Fellowship - 0
    Wounds - 39

Physical Form - Avian (Reduces Toughness by 10 and grants Flyer trait) / Massive Size

Classification - Darkling (increase Strength and toughness by 1d10, gain Climb, Awareness, Silent move and Unnatural Sense [Sight] (30m); Gains Blind and gets -40 to perception when in direct sunlight)

Random Stats- 80% chance for Unnatural Strength, 80% chance for Unnatural Toughness (Roll for each Truly Ancient Deepcrow encountered seperately)

Gear- Natural Weapon (Beak) [2d10+ Strength Bonus Rending, Primitive]; Natural Weapon (Talons) [1d10 + Strength Bonus Rending, AP 1, Primitive]

---I'll type out the rest when I get home from school. I'm typing this in the middle of Biology (heh) and my teacher is coming around.

You forgot the most important part: Fear rating 3. Deafening screech causes fatigue and 1d10 insanity points.

zerg rush on
    edited March 2008
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Truly Ancient Deepcrow
    Indigen creature
    Stats
    Ballistic Skill - 0
    Strength - (47 + 7 =) 54
    Toughness - (23 - 10 + 6 + 20=) 39
    Agility - 25 (45 when flying)
    Intelligence - 13
    Perception - 40 (80 within 30 meters)
    Willpower - 32
    Fellowship - 0
    Wounds - 39

Physical Form - Avian (Reduces Toughness by 10 and grants Flyer trait) / Massive Size

Classification - Darkling (increase Strength and toughness by 1d10, gain Climb, Awareness, Silent move and Unnatural Sense [Sight] (30m); Gains Blind and gets -40 to perception when in direct sunlight)

Random Stats- 80% chance for Unnatural Strength, 80% chance for Unnatural Toughness (Roll for each Truly Ancient Deepcrow encountered seperately)

Gear- Natural Weapon (Beak) [2d10+ Strength Bonus Rending, Primitive]; Natural Weapon (Talons) [1d10 + Strength Bonus Rending, AP 1, Primitive]

---I'll type out the rest when I get home from school. I'm typing this in the middle of Biology (heh) and my teacher is coming around.

You forgot the most important part: Fear rating 3. Deafening screech causes fatigue and 1d10 insanity points.

I wasn't done with the stats- i wrote in something very much akin to that on the ride home.

TheGreatestAliasEver on
    edited March 2008
    Is it ok if I'm mildly upset my wing buffet joke didn't get a single lulz? :P

e~ this one
    I think the "shift" stuff could be 3.5'd with a look at either a) Bull Rush rules -or- b) dragon Wing Buffet rules.

fadingathedges on
    edited March 2008
    I wasn't done with the stats- i wrote in something very much akin to that on the ride home.

I was intending it to be a playful joke, but I guess it fell flat in a text medium.

zerg rush on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is it ok if I'm mildly upset my wing buffet joke didn't get a single lulz? :P

damn you fading now all i can think about is an epic buffet of nothing but hot wings.

just hot wings and ranch for a hundred yards.

so hungry... i gotta go get lunch

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
    edited March 2008
    The Truly Ancient Deep Crow stats (DH version) are done (weee!). I updated my original post.

TheGreatestAliasEver on