As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Iron Kingdoms gone for good?

tehr0xorzquadtehr0xorzquad Registered User new member
edited March 2008 in Critical Failures
Hey,
does anyone know whats going with Iron Kingdoms? This is probably my favorite RPG, and nothing has come out since 5 Fingers, a year or more ago. Is this line over for good? And what about the new 4th Edition rules? Is there any plan at privateer to upgrade the system?

Thanks

tehr0xorzquad on

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think most of PPs attention has been focused on Warmachine and Hordes, which are, of course, set in the Iron Kingdoms. No Quarter still has IK source material in it as far as I'm aware.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i know no quarter has stuff in it, but im referring specifically to new published supplements

tehr0xorzquad on
  • Options
    GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    from the PP staff on their boards:

We have received a few phone calls today from players asking of our plans in regards to 4th edition. Our response is still the same at this point, we have to wait and see. We have not yet seen the text of the license - and as EN World is reporting - there will be more restrictions in the new OGL. And that is only one factor to consider.

We will be continuing with our plans to create and support 3rd edition (revised) material in No Quarter magazine for all of 2008. Many of you are in the middle of long established campaign, just starting a new one, or use a different rules system entirely, so it only makes sense to keep giving you material you can use immediately.

GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    hhmm... it sounds like they are going to go with a purely magazine-based system of distrubution for new material. I can't say I'm entirely thrilled, as I was hoping for new book material similar to what we saw in 5 fingers and earlier works. Also, in the Magazine, it has to share space with the other license material, thus contraining it even more. Still, its better than nothing, I suppose.

tehr0xorzquad on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    They mostly don't want to have a Monsternomicon/3.5e incident again, and have to go through and completely re-work a book.

As I understand it, the content they're moving to NQ was from Sign & Sigil, the magic book they were working on. Rather than have to sit on it until Wizards gets it's ducks in a row, they can at least get some of the important stuff out to people.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch