As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wifi help please :)

MeisterMeister Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a Datel WiFi Max USB dongle, and it's acting funky. My laptop can see the signal at full strength, but the internet still doesn't work. My Wii also can't connect using the signal. I am using the drivers that came on the CD in the box I bought it in. I have connection sharing turned on. For the bridge adapter, I have 2wire PC port chosen, because that is how the computer that the dongle is attached to connects to the internet. I have a phone line that runs into the 2wire PC port, which then goes into a USB slot.

What am I doing wrong? Why can it see the signal but not connect to the internet? There are other choices for bridge adapter: 1394 net adapter, MAC bridge miniport, Natl Semiconductor Corp somethingsomething MAC PCI, and wireless G-notebook adapter. I see a device showing in the connected mac addresses, so it must be registering my laptop. What should I do?

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
Meister on

• Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is weird. My wireless randomly started working for like 15 minutes, and then stopped. I did not touch the computer with the dongle in the interim.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584