As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] SPECTRE, Game Over - Cultists running all over the place

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So yea

Big mistakes I made was accidentally quoting Stew_Stick when putting his SPECTRE message into the narration and arsing up Wildcats password

But hey, there is no such thing as bad experience

I'll see you guys and gals in a week.

To Austria after I get some sleep!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good game, all. It was fun, Gumpy. The cultists, really?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I take full credit for FWD surviving... He was going to get seered and I basically said I believed he was a neutral.

He would have seered as evil and burned.

You're welcome, FWD :P

Oh, and very good game all. I don't think I've had anything even remotely as inbox intensive...ever.

El Skid on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Gumpy, shouldn't iamtheaznman technically be in the winning group? I was nice enough to make sure we converted my last teammate rather than kill him or something.
    Kin33 wrote: »
    Wow, I got played. Seems like the village was insanely outnumbered from the start.

I was converted on the last day. Trust me, I was all D: about it but there wasn't much we were going to do against the cult even if I hadn't been.

Though it's hilarious that it took me the entire game to fuck up and finally kill a civilian. Yes, it helped that I totally missed I got to shoot people. I still have the inactivity burn marks.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was horribly inactive and am a jackass.

I apologize to Gumpy.

But not Kin. It was kinda funny seeing him get so paranoid.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I was amused that a bandwagon immediately started after I mentioned your name....

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I was amused that a bandwagon immediately started after I mentioned your name....
    Spectre bandwagons are easy to start. :P

As long as your argument against me is nonsensical, it is a shoe-in.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I was horribly inactive and am a jackass.

I apologize to Gumpy.

But not Kin. It was kinda funny seeing him get so paranoid.

Its going to be a hard choice on who to grudge kill next phalla. You or FWD. :twisted:

Prolly FWD, I don't know why but I just can't hate TehSpectre.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    At that point Kin was a little worried about you but I honestly just wanted somebody I wasn't connected with to die....but Nooo. I mention your name and sharks come for blood.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It was great, Kin PMed me to make sure that the guy on the programmer's board was actually me.

I was all "What are you talking about"

He PMed me back "Oh shit."

Followed by my, "ololApril Fools"

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    At that point Kin was a little worried about you but I honestly just wanted somebody I wasn't connected with to die....but Nooo. I mention your name and sharks come for blood.

But didn't you know that he was seered innocent?

TehSpectre: That happened right after the retardness that happened on the hacker boards forcing me to reveal myself and for Trust to be tied for our attack vote. I was feeling really dumb and paranoid.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Er....I voted for somebody else. I mentioned TehSpectre because he'd been unusually quiet and others latched right on to it.. Oh, and typically right when I start getting involved with a game lately I've been shanked shortly thereafter.

This time I just got turned evil.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Er....I voted for somebody else. I mentioned TehSpectre because he'd been unusually quiet and others latched right on to it.. Oh, and typically right when I start getting involved with a game lately I've been shanked shortly thereafter.

This is why my nonsensical argument comes into play.

I pointed out numerous times that I had been inactive and was going to try and clean up my act in the thread.

:P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Wait a minute guy. The cult was not evil. We just didn't care about good or evil.8-)

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Wait a minute guy. The cult was not evil. We just didn't care about good or evil.8-)
    "They're nihilists, Donnie."

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008

They will cut off your johnson.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Hey now, we're doomsday cultists. We have an ethos.

PS
    199982.3.png

Savant on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    I take full credit for FWD surviving... He was going to get seered and I basically said I believed he was a neutral.

He would have seered as evil and burned.

You're welcome, FWD :P

Oh, and very good game all. I don't think I've had anything even remotely as inbox intensive...ever.

Thanks!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Role PM:
    SPECTRE is back

and so are you.

It followed you to Canada? or maybe its just fate you meet again. You, Squashua the Admin, will beat it back across the border.

You're an experienced programmer and hacker. You can fight it and you can win.

Everyday, you may send a short message to the thread via me.

Everyday, you may do one of three things.

You may shut down someones access to their network
    You may Trace someone, seeing what networks they are part of.
    Or Download data from their hard drive.

You win when SPECTRE and its allies are defeated.

You have two health

You feel fine.

Eh yeah, this was not a good week for me to be in an intensive role. I guess I wasn't sure what all the powers did exactly. I wasn't sure if trace was supposed to be a seer or if it was only meant to see if people were using a proboard. The download ability was a power steal ability I thought? I never really seered anyone that had a power I thought was worth using this on. I also thought that shutting down people's access would just get them a temp ban from their proboard.
    All in all it seemed like my time was better spent trying to seer people than the other two.

Night one I seered tehspectre because I thought it would be ironic if he had to fight himself. I found out he was a Programmer, and since I wasn't really clear on if the seering was actually what that ability was I wasn't too convinced at anything. So I decided to contact him. Here's what he said:
    TehSpectre wrote:
    And guess that you're a programmer. How I know this is for me to know and you to find out.

I need to know if programmers are allied with the village or against it.

Depending on the answer, I've an interesting proposition for you.
    I am against SPECTRE!

The problem is, I really don't have any great abilities.

I can, uh, make a proboard or see if someone is using a proboard. That's about it.

Which really made me think I couldn't trust him, and lead to me advocating a bandwagon on him.

When the beans were spilled on Stew_Stick I decided that I didn't want to metagame it and give him a day to live. I guess killing him that night probably wouldn't have gotten us any closer to victory. It was fairly frustrating (mainly due to my busy, busy week) to try to coordinate things through PM, although a board wouldn't have been any more secure due to conversions.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How many people knew Stew_Stick was SPECTRE because of the mistake.

*Raises hand*

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    When I first read the narration, I thought fading was a good guy. Then I read the message which really gave it away.

When I read the narration again I realized fading wasn't really for the village (were the rogues for or against the village? I haven't seen anything posted about them...) which is what made me decide to give Stew_Stick the extra day.

Also: In the end I decided to download SPECTRE to my hard drive as a convenient plot point in case Gumpy wanted to ever run something like this again. :D

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You didn't trust me because I told you my role?

Awesome.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You said you were SPECTRE. You were not spectre.

You lied to me. :cry:

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You said you were SPECTRE. You were not spectre.

You lied to me. :cry:

What?
    I am against SPECTRE!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Reading Comprehension ++

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Reading Comprehension ++

D:D:D:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Reading Comprehension ++

(not my work) -> Now I feel bad. I officially owe Tehspectre one.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Reading Comprehension ++

Do....do you really think I would just tell you that I was SPECTRE? Really?

Oh god, this is so funny, it hurts.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Reading Comprehension ++

Do....do you really think I would just tell you that I was SPECTRE? Really?

Oh god, this is so funny, it hurts.

Yeah, this is pretty hilarious looking back on it. Again, not really knowing what my abilities really did, plus there was the way you acted the entire time.
    Time for me to not be in two phallas on weeks where I have three tests and a paper due. D:

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    This game has been like an episode of three stooges all along.

Why I caught on inactivity fire? I missed my first role PM that laid out my choices said I got to attack somebody each night....

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Why I caught on inactivity fire? I missed my first role PM that laid out my choices said I got to attack somebody each night....

It has quite possibly been the most entertaining phalla in that aspect. I guess I didn't even know what I was up against half the time.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If there was a guardian I am grudging them forever. Why would you let me die? D:

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    If there was a guardian I am grudging them forever. Why would you let me die? D:
    They were evil by then?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    They were evil by then?

Kudos to the evil team for converting the guardians on night one, then.

Burnage on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, some people hateses conversioneseses. Gumpy, you got off lucky this time.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I was mildly annoyed until I realized just how fucked we were when we didn't even have a clue that the cult was out there.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good game, I think? I didn't have a real grasp on what was going on up to my early demise.

Shamus on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I didn't really get to pay much attention to the game at all because of obscenely busy work schedule. At first I didn't even remember I had a special power, and when I finally did I died. :( It's a shame because I had a fun ability: I could copy anyone else's special ability.

Anyway, sorry about not being active. I guess I should have had the sense to withdraw from the game when the craziness at work started.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

It has quite possibly been the most entertaining phalla in that aspect. I guess I didn't even know what I was up against half the time.

I was really disappointed that you weren't using PMs etc on the hacker's proboard, as I was hoping to read 'em to find out what you were up to. :P

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »

I was really disappointed that you weren't using PMs etc on the hacker's proboard, as I was hoping to read 'em to find out what you were up to. :P

So Kin basically tells me my login/password for the Bravo board and I immiedately erase my PMs, tell my board mates to do the same and post a giant warning about the board no longer being secure. Since Lawninator died right after I and iamtheaznman just switched to PMs here.

I felt bad but Gumpy would let me change my password....(Though I was kind enough to ask before I did it.)

DevoutlyApathetic on