As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick home theatre Question:

maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what?New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
So a few months back I bought the least expensive Sony-branded HTIB, and it's a great little system. For the size of my living room it sounds awesome. My only problem, and thus the point of this thread, is the length of the speaker cables. They're JUST long enough to reach the back of the room, which, for now, is no problem. However, I'm wondering if there's such a thing as speaker wire couplers so that I could extend the length of the cables.

FU7kFbw.png
Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
maximumzero on

• Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would just get a spool of new wire from Radio Shack. It'll sound better and be cheaper and easier than soldering tiny wires together. Plus you can use the opportunity to get some thicker gauge stuff.

theantipop on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Replacing the wire all together would be wiser. The speaker cable that comes with it is pure crap.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    But with the system you have I doubt replacing the wire would be such a noticable increase in performance.

Just strip and twist the wire together. Hoenstly, you can use lamp wire from home depot for the same effect.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!