As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need a system selector from an online store with Canadian shipping.

apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
Good morning! For xmas I upgraded to an utterly fantastic Harmony universal remote that has exposed a weakness in my AV setup:

b72f92c008a09907e35f2010.L.jpg

The problem, not being apparent, is that my system selector - while works like a dream and has great little faceplate buttons - has no remote control input. So even with my Harmony I need to get up off the couch to push a physical switch.

Local stores seem bereft of any options, having whatever space they save for such products filled with MadCatz S-video switches.

What do I need:
- At least 7 inputs.
- All my gear runs on component and s-video. My TV doesn't take HDMI (it does DVI) so I don't really need that but I suppose I can use some adapters if it has it. But if it DOES have HDMI I hope to god it splits off the audio signal internally for routing to a reciever.
- I also the switched ethernet function of the current device and wouldn't mind continuing to do so, but this can be over come with an extra network device
- remote control input
- not cost two arms and seven legs.

猿も木から落ちる
apotheos on

• Options
    SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Your requirement to not cost a lot kills most of the devices you'll be looking at. Monoprice only has a single component switch and it is limited to 4 inputs though it does have a remote.

The only device I could find that got even close to what you need, and it was component only, no svideo, was this

Snowcone on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    joytech 240AV

not sure where from

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I tried to find the Joytech but only managed to google up some threads where it indicated one needed to solder the fuck out of it to make it work well.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    pshhh, lots of people in G&T have one - without issue.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have one of the Joytech ones I may be parting with. I do have one potential buyer, but if you want to try to work something out despite the longest unprotected border in the world, drop me a PM.

Edit: I did have some interference issues with the Joytech. But none noticeable unless you were right next to the screen or tried to switch the signal to digital. My problems can be found here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=54405.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I also found this.

It's the only component and HDMI switch I can find.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    hmm, I can't say I've really used it with HD resolutions, myself.

it's been superb for all my SD stuff

I suppose I'd be using a digital (hdmi) switch for HD sources

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    hmm, I can't say I've really used it with HD resolutions, myself.

it's been superb for all my SD stuff

I suppose I'd be using a digital (hdmi) switch for HD sources

The interference is so minimal with component signals I didn't even notice it until I was literally less than an inch from the screen, unfortunately, it gets magnified by like 100 times if you try to upconvert the signal to digital.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Azio on