As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PSP Network Help

TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'llI think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
Well, dunno if there's any topic on this since PSP and WPA are both too short for forum searches, but I was wondering if there was any way to add support for WPA or WPA2 Enterprise security on the PSP. It's what our Wireless APs support on campus (No WEP or PSK). We also have guest wireless that lacks security but the PSP bugs out trying to redirect to the 3COM Login Page.

Bless your heart.
TTODewback on

• Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You mean TKIP? Sorry, I don't know much about WPA, but I know that I'm running WPA-TKIP on my home network and the PSP connects just fine. You're running a different flavor of WPA?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Enterprise, it doesn't use a Key.
    It uses a login

It's the kind where when you try to connect to it you'd usually see a Wireless Dialog Box with the following:
    Username:
    Password:
    Domain:

And you have the option of using a Security Certificate when configuring it. Basically I work for the IT Department at a University and our Department is hardcore on security. We only allow WPA Enterprise and WPA2 Enterprise for our standard wireless. None of the Personal Security Key stuff or whatever PSK stands for.
    See Example: http://www.aum.edu/uploadedfiles/WiFi_FS_MSWin_Users_Guide.pdf

That's how you have to set it up on a PC/Notebook/PDA here. Really confuses the technology impaired folks here.

Edit: And since this is an institutional setting, not a home setting, I can't fuck with things on the server end. I've been searching for PSP modifications, updates, etc, But have had no luck on Enterprise support.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I think you're SOL - I tried at Uni last year and had no joy whatsoever. It supports base WPA but almost nothing higher.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!