As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DDR Tourny

FTVFTV Registered User regular
edited March 2006 in PAX Archive
Anybody down for a DDR Tourny? I haven't been to one in ages but they have never disappointed. (Well, not me anyway. ^_^) I'm thinking two actually. A-step and the always crowd favorite, freestyle. I put a tourny together for my local CompUSA once but it was so long ago I'm sure there are way better ways to do it now. Anyone else down for this?

FTV on

• NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I would, but i suxxor.

Nephirij on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I would, but I don't know how these DDR tournaments work.

QuizMaster on
  • FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I just realized today that by the time PAX comes around there will be an all new version of DDR sweeping arcades by the title of Dance Dance Revolution Supernova. That shouldn't really change the way the tournament would be run essentially but it certainly adds to the excitement for me should PAX organizers decide to do this. I think I'll post about this at DDRFreak.com and see if Konami maybe doesn't want to organize this themselves to promote their new DDR Supernova. Maybe my dream of seeing a DDR tournament happen in front of thousands of people will finally happen. Meh, maybe not. But I'm going to try to get this to happen.

Okay, I elaborated a little on what Konami and PAX together could do with this and posted the idea at ddrfreak. Here's the thread.
    http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115655

FTV on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    There should be various levels of tournament for those of us who don't have lightning feet and memorize whole songs but still like to play

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited March 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    There should be various levels of tournament for those of us who don't have lightning feet and memorize whole songs but still like to play
    No doubt. I could probably put this together myself to some degree if no one else wants to but I'm hoping either Khoo will have his henchmen put it on or they'll get Konami to do most the work as promotion for their new arcade version.

FTV on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    There should also be a "hit the machine in frustration, fall down, and break your ankle" division.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • LunchboxV3LunchboxV3 Mechanical Maniac Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    That will be my division all the way.

LunchboxV3 on
    axemblack.gifaxemyellow.gifaxemred.gifaxempink.gifaxemgreen.gif
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I can win the "Totally lacks any kind of rhythm and coordination so I'd rather watch" division

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • jandrewsjandrews Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    You and me both flatrabbit, but I'd try it just for the fun of it...though I'd have to be sufficiently buzzed beforehand.

-J

jandrews on
    edited March 2006
    Alcohol and DDR make for a surprisingly good time.

FTV on
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    yeah I tried that one time, the resulting injury totally wasn't worth it.

Now you hook up some drunken GH or KR and I'll throw down...not well, but there will be throwing of somekind....possibly stuff at me as I belt out songs in my horrible singing voice.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde