As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the fuck's wrong with my eye? (with pic)

saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I woke up this morning with my eye hurting and itching a bit and I looked in the mirror and it had gotten this white spot on the edge of my cornea as well as the irritatedness of the white part. This isn't the first time this has happened though. I've had this a few times before but never really did anything about it because I was too busy and it usually clears up in a day. I'm thinking it might be a cornea abrasion based on the google doctor but I don't remember scratching my eye. It does seem like it gets this way when I've been out in the elements when it's windy and there's a bunch of junk flying around in the air (like spring time) so I'm guessing I might have gotten junk in there and caused it to get inflamed. Anyone have any suggestions? I do plan on seeing an eye doctor within the next couple of weeks when I have time.

IMG_9464.jpg

XBL: heavenkils
saltiness on

• Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    that shit is gross, go to an eye doctor

seriously why take any chances with your vision

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A couple of weeks?

Dude, make time. It's your eyes.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You guys are right. I'll make an appointment on Monday.

saltiness on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    :^:

Daemonion on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah goto the eye doctor. My friend worked in an ER and saw something similar but it was from a drunk guy trying to take out his 'contacts' but he seemed to forget that he didn't wear contacts and well proceeded to rip his cornea and part of his pupil.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You need to go to an eye doctor asap

Are you suffering any vision loss or floaties in your field of view?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    My vision is unaffected but I will see the doctor.

saltiness on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Yeah goto the eye doctor. My friend worked in an ER and saw something similar but it was from a drunk guy trying to take out his 'contacts' but he seemed to forget that he didn't wear contacts and well proceeded to rip his cornea and part of his pupil.

Christ that made me really nauseous.

On topic: when I was in the military I had a serious eye infection that started with an abrasion (I stuck my thumb in my eye with some force; don't ask) and led to a situation where the eye had to be operated and I spent two weeks in a military hospital wearing a blindfold, heavily medicated because any movement of my eyeball was so intensely painful it almost made me pass out. In the beginning of the whole ordeal, my eye looked a bit like the picture above. So yeah, go to that doctor.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I had my fiancee take a look at the picture, she hasn't seen that before. Sorry, didn't establish her credibility in this thread. Well, doesn't really matter, since she couldn't tell anything from it. www.aao.org get yourself a good comprehensive ophthalmologist.

chromdom on