Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

It looks like it's easy to get a refund on your PAX tickets (if plans fall through)

TankHammerTankHammer Extreme GhostbusterRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
There is a long story I could tell and it involves getting my college degree and owing the government a ton of tax money. The bottom line is that I got two early-bird tickets to PAX (at $40 apiece) and now I won't be able to use them.

Now I am not sure if selling them is even possible or if there is some kind of process I should go through or permission to ask but I'm fairly sure they were non-refundable and I'd like to eliminate my losses. I'm just thankful I hadn't booked hotel and airfare yet.

I don't know who to ask about it but I would be selling them for the same price I paid. I'm no scalper. I'm thinking I could get the money through PayPal and then just change the shipping address on the tickets.
So before I go around asking someone to buy these tickets, is this even kosher?

TankHammer on
4icmw.jpg TankHammer | huWRIjA.png Dear Satan | 2zivq6q.jpg
yUApdW3.jpg

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    It is, usually happens closer to PAX when people have their tickets in-hand or in the mail and realize they can't go. At this point though, you should still be able to cancel your ticket order and get your $40 refunded.

• TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Alright I emailed Brown Paper Tickets to ask if there was a way to refund them. Most of the time when you buy tickets to an event like this (in my experience) they are non-refundable.

I cannot express how much it SUCKS that I can't attend PAX. I was psyched to go this year as it was going to be my first time. I guess maybe next year then.

Thanks for your help and I hope I can get the cash back for these as I am poor as hell right now.

yUApdW3.jpg
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aye =( You'll be there in spirit though. Hopefully next year will be better. =(

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    All right!

So less than 2 hours after I send the email my phone rang (at 8:45 on a Sunday night even!). It was a representative from Brown Paper tickets confirming my cancellation. She asked my billing address and promptly canceled my tickets.

Now I wasn't even expecting to resolve this tonight, I assumed I would be getting a response from the company tomorrow if I was lucky.

I just wanted to let people know how easy this is just in case they've fallen into a similar situation.

Thanks again Moe! I'd never have tried to do this the easy way if you hadn't suggested I contact the company. I'm a bit jaded when it comes to dealing with corporate entities and it's a relief to have it settled so quickly and conveniently through the company.

yUApdW3.jpg
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I believe when it was announced that PAX tickets were to be sold through this company it was because Jerry and Mike were so impressed by them. I could be wrong. But this shows they're on top of their shit.

Free cake. Inquire within.
This discussion has been closed.