Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BONK ON] TF2: Basically, kind of a big deal - ON SALE THIS WEEKEND, SEE OP

1575859606163»

• Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hrm. A bit more than I really wanted to spend, what with GTA looming...

This game is well worth 30bucks. Ive gotten way more than my money back. Never have I played a game for 200+ hours and counting. I dont think i've ever played a game for more than 30.

edit: console games blow now b/c of tf2.

·
  • DUCOMDUCOM Registered User
    edited April 2008
    It's 50 bucks for the entire Orange Box. Which for that many games is still a really good deal.

Yeah, I purchased the entire orange box. it was such a good deal that I couldn't turn it down.

Spoiler:
    ·
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bah, I'll just sell some older games and pick it up in store.

XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PSN - Local_H_Jay
    ·
    edited April 2008
    I have it on 360, so it's only really TF2 I want. I think I'll do the Visa gift card, that's a very good idea. I just want to make sure that works. I remember trying to turn those into MS Points once and it not going through due to lack of a name.

Just go to your local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. They have a ton of those pre-paid visa cards. Just give them like 30 dollars and they'll give you the card with $30 on it. It's kind of a pain because you hafta go through all this bullshit in activating it talking to some moron on the phone. I've done it a few times. It's frustrating but worth it.

Spoiler:
    ·
    edited April 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    well looks like I was wrong about the anti-cheat thing. OAPS

It's all good. I've been playing in CAL/CEVO for like 5 years now. Different games of course, CS 1.6 mostly. They never had the ACS software but over the years more cheaters we're being found.

Spoiler:
    ·
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »
    I have it on 360, so it's only really TF2 I want. I think I'll do the Visa gift card, that's a very good idea. I just want to make sure that works. I remember trying to turn those into MS Points once and it not going through due to lack of a name.

Just go to your local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. They have a ton of those pre-paid visa cards. Just give them like 30 dollars and they'll give you the card with $30 on it. It's kind of a pain because you hafta go through all this bullshit in activating it talking to some moron on the phone. I've done it a few times. It's frustrating but worth it.

DUCOM

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
    ·
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Making new thread. :V

camo_sig2.png
    ·
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    But wait, how does a config-checker catch cheaters? And why no scripts?

Even the pipelaying script from TFC was about as close as you could get to cheating in-game and it was never banned.

It's an easy game to hate
    ·
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Deputy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »

DUCOM HAS SPOKEN. DUCOM'S WORD BE DONE.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    ·
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User
    edited April 2008
    edited April 2008
    I am the greatest player that ever played on this thread, no one will ever read this. Because its the last post.

·
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wrong.

Steam.gif Galedrid - 360.png Galedrid - PSN.png Galedrid
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand - FFXI.png Kingshand - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045

·
    edited April 2008
    wrong again

·
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    guys new thread quit being wang monsters.

·
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    guys new thread quit being wang monsters.

New what wang huh?

·
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's ont 101 yet!

·
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    edited April 2008
    But wait, how does a config-checker catch cheaters? And why no scripts?

Even the pipelaying script from TFC was about as close as you could get to cheating in-game and it was never banned.

yeah but when TFC was out, there probably was no clients like that for leagues, because CEVO wasn't even out when TFC was "popular"

Spoiler:
    ·
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    n/m

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.