As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Coming to Wiiware!

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh man

This looks great

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't really possibly imagine a way that this could go wrong.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DO SOMETHING

nevermind...

GAME OVER

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hope Homsar's in it. That'd be neat.

Also, I love how the press release says "fully voice acted by Matt Chapman and the rest of the original cast". The rest of the cast being one other person.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

Also, I love how the press release says "fully voice acted by Matt Chapman and the rest of the original cast". The rest of the cast being one other person.
    If they include the "Powered by the Cheat!" characters, the cast gains another person!

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

If they include the "Powered by the Cheat!" characters, the cast gains another person!

Please please let them do that. A bonus Powered by the Cheat area!

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Will the soundtrack be provided by Crag Stuntman and Peacey P?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hope it won't rely too much on hsr in-jokes (though a trogdor themed episode is entirely acceptable), but this should be pretty awesome. And it was completely and totally unexpected.

Coincidentally, on the FAQ is says that telltale has another, third episodic series to be revealed sometime. Speculation time! Could be original, but considering the massive success of Sam and Max I bet it's based on an existing brand name, which is fine.

What I would give for telltale to get the rights to monkey island episodes... we can dream.

GimeC on
  • Options
    RocketlexRocketlex Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Trying to render "Powered by the Cheat" in 3D would be the most disturbingly awesome thing ever.

Rocketlex on
    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    GimeC wrote: »
    I hope it won't rely too much on hsr in-jokes (though a trogdor themed episode is entirely acceptable), but this should be pretty awesome. And it was completely and totally unexpected.

Coincidentally, on the FAQ is says that telltale has another, third episodic series to be revealed sometime. Speculation time! Could be original, but considering the massive success of Sam and Max I bet it's based on an existing brand name, which is fine.

What I would give for telltale to get the rights to monkey island episodes... we can dream.

HSR is pretty much built on in-jokes. And those in-jokes are built on the ruins of old in-jokes, so that you have to go back and get the original in-joke to understand the new one.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You know what would be awesome?

If they came out with a Homestar Runner channel for the Wii to go along with it, so people can watch the archives from their TV, without having to go through the Internet Channel.

It's like it's come full circle. Born in Mario Paint, and coming home to a Nintendo console.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, how much is this going to cost? I spent 20 dollars on Wii Points before my crappy country disabled the use of prepaid credit cards for online purchases, and I'm waiting for Earthbound to be released.

I is sad :(

RockinX on
  • Options
    RocketlexRocketlex Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    Man, how much is this going to cost?

Telltale's site says the price will be similar to that of their other adventure games, which is to say 9-or-so bucks per episode, with the episodes being released collectively later for the super-discount price of $30 or so.

Rocketlex on
    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So 1000 points per episode then?

I hope I get to have a regular credit card once the whole package is up.

RockinX on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dirty wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Homestar Runner is still popular?

I haven't even thought about that site in 2 years.

Well that's not true, I got the Trogdor song from GH2. But I didn't know it was an IP still worth making anything for it.

Right, because as soon as you lose interest in a website, the rest of the internet usually follows suit. You trendsetter, you.

Well I haven't seen anyone talking about it, and I am an internet addict so that's saying something.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I didn't stop liking SBmail, I just forgot to continue visiting HSR some months after the updates started to be irregular.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I make sure to check it sometime during the week.

I kinda feel like they've been in a bit of a rut lately, but they're starting to pull themselves up again.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sam & Max is coming to the Wii as well right?

So bought if so.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Well that's not true, I got the Trogdor song from GH2. But I didn't know it was an IP still worth making anything for it.

Right, because as soon as you lose interest in a website, the rest of the internet usually follows suit. You trendsetter, you.

Well I haven't seen anyone talking about it, and I am an internet addict so that's saying something.

Same here. I had heard SQUAT about this. I was blindsided and overjoyed since it looks like it will be enjoyable. This is a Win/win if I ever saw it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    For those interested, Limozeen recently performed live, and the whole show is up on youtube.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is awesome, I still check the site regularly, the Brothers Chaps are still doing a great job. I can not wait for June.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Stuff like this makes me wish for a Wii even harder.

"Hey Stinkoman, everyone says you're the guy but...I wanna be the guy too!"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

"No way man, you're just a kid! Maybe when you're older..."

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »

Speaking of Stinkoman, I don't think they ever finished his game, did they?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Oh man, this brings back awesome memories! The first time I went to check a SBmail was when they linked to that one SBmail on Linksville. I also remember not understanding much what was going on with this wrestling character replying to an e-mail, but I loved it.

Oh. How I miss Linksville.

RockinX on
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Am I the only one who still checks the 'site on a weekly basis?

yes

everyone else stopped years ago

Sueve on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I dunno. I decided I needed to send in a good email. I claim direct responsibility for Strongbadia needing an army email. (original email asked if they had some sort of black special ops- As trying to ask for the most INSANE question I could think of)

My current email asks, what is strong bad going to do with the windfall of this game. Golden brass knuckles (made of 110% percent gold plating) was suggested as part of his newly acquired bling.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PMAvers wrote: »

If they came out with a Homestar Runner channel for the Wii to go along with it, so people can watch the archives from their TV, without having to go through the Internet Channel.

It's like it's come full circle. Born in Mario Paint, and coming home to a Nintendo console.
    Born in Mario Paint? What do you mean, was that where they first drew Strong Bad?

Strong Bad is actually from an old Nintendo game, Tag Team Pro Wrestling. He's the first enemy you fight and if you lose, the screen proclaims "WINNER IS STRONG BADS."

Anyway, I just starting watching every single email again and this was a good idea.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'm amazed they're making an Iron Man movie. I mean, I don't think I've read an Iron Man comic since I was 10. Is that company even still in business?

But seriously, there is an RSS feed, so it's not really difficult to keep up with.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Born in Mario Paint? What do you mean, was that where they first drew Strong Bad?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/supernes.swf

Strong Bad is actually from an old Nintendo game, Tag Team Pro Wrestling. He's the first enemy you fight and if you lose, the screen proclaims "WINNER IS STRONG BADS."

Pics or it didn't happen.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I will buy episode one. If it is fully of happiness like S&M is, I will pre-buy the whole season.
    Telltale really has amazing prices for the content (okay, I've only played Sam and Max but the joy I get out of it is totally more than 35 bucks over the course of six or so months)

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Nope. They never gave us the last level. That's why they need to port it to the Wii and finish it up.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Nope. They never gave us the last level. That's why they need to port it to the Wii and finish it up.

That would be freaking awesome. I love the 20X6 game but it is just begging to be on my teevee and played with a sideways wiimote.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SollahSollah Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People?

It's like it's marketed specifically for me!
    I think I just made the most conceited post of the year.

Sollah on
    palonelydriver.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Considering this game is coming out in JUNE, and the Bros. Chaps did all the voices/writing/planning etc., I think we now know why homestarrunner.com's updates have been irregular lately.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jandaru wrote: »

http://www.homestarrunner.com/supernes.swf
    Hm. I didn't know that was possible in Mario Paint. Why would the Chapman brothers use Japanese text?

Pics or it didn't happen.
    SBorigin.png

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hm. I didn't know that was possible in Mario Paint. Why would the Chapman brothers use Japanese text?

I'm guessing it was a font available in Mario Paint or something. My katakana is pretty rusty, but as far as I can tell it's meaningless gibberish. I guess they thought it looked cool?

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can ugly people still buy this? I'd really like to play it, but...

KVW on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Playing this game will make you attractive.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Sorry, you have to buy the Strong Sad's Cutting Yourself game for Unattractive People.

It's the rules!

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328