As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fable the lost chapters and staying young in the game.

JastJast Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
I was playing Fable TLC, and I remember one of the things that annoyed me the first time I played the game was the aging. I hated being 65 while everyone else was in their twenties. I know about the Temple of Avo glitch to stay young but it seems complicated. Are there any other ways other then not leveling up. I saw one post on another forum where a guy beat the game at age 26 using an skill coordination system or something, but he didn't elaborate on it.

Jast39.png
Jast on

• JastJast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Another question, is it possible to barely touch your skills and finish the game in your twenties? Or is it too hard.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Aging is always done via leveling. Magic will age you the fastest. I think Agility ages you the slowest.

And yeah, people have done low-age runs. I think there's a guide or two on doing it at GameFAQs.

FyreWulff on
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't think it would have bothered me as much if you weren't the only character that aged. Being a white-haired old fart was kinda off-putting when Whisper was still barely an adult.

Walrus Pete on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah - I've beaten it countless times now, and magic ages you at an insane speed. Agility (and strength I didn't notice that much either) keeps you relativley young.

The best combos however are to play as evil and young - so you're stealing with your jet black hair and devil horns; and than to beat it as a wicked old magician who looks like Santa.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jast wrote: »
    I was playing Fable TLC, and I remember one of the things that annoyed me the first time I played the game was the aging. I hated being 65 while everyone else was in their twenties. I know about the Temple of Avo glitch to stay young but it seems complicated. Are there any other ways other then not leveling up. I saw one post on another forum where a guy beat the game at age 26 using an skill coordination system or something, but he didn't elaborate on it.

How does the Temple of Avo trick seem complicated? You just need to get a pure evil character and donate 1000 gold three times in a row.

Couscous on
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you are playing the Lost Chapters on the PC you can download a trainer which you can use to set your age.

Silpheed on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Honestly I much rather prefer I'm the only old fart in Fable. I don't want to spend half of the game hearing people whine about their hips, and that "strange growth on mah neck." Hell, if everyone aged, couldn't I just wait the villains out? I'm not going to my grave until you do, you bastard!

Bandit spoilers within:
    What if you were 65 when you fought the Bandit King? By then he'd have lost all of his muscles, and you could easily take him. I don't think he could even lift his swords! But you, lightning crackles from your fingertips. Zap him once to break his pacer and he's down for the count!

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008
    Bandit spoilers within:
    What if you were 65 when you fought the Bandit King? By then he'd have lost all of his muscles, and you could easily take him. I don't think he could even lift his swords! But you, lightning crackles from your fingertips. Zap him once to break his pacer and he's down for the count!
    That would at least have made for a memorable fight.

Silpheed on
    edited April 2008
    People fallin' over from heart attacks and strokes. That's not a fun RPG, that's a retirement home.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008
    "I have come to avenge my family and friends!" "Say what now?" "I said...'I HAVE COME TO AVENGE MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!'" "Huh? What are you talking about?" "Huh? I didn't quite catch that" "What did you say?" "Huh?" "What?" "Gah...screw it."

"What?"

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That would be a funny way to prevent power leveling.

Couscous on
    edited April 2008
    And the final final boss:
    "Could someone chew it up for me first?"

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • JastJast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Aging is always done via leveling. Magic will age you the fastest. I think Agility ages you the slowest.

And yeah, people have done low-age runs. I think there's a guide or two on doing it at GameFAQs.

No guide, but I caculated, and if I only use strength and speed, I should end up in my thirties. About time I tried a no magic run.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I believe you age .7 years per skill increase, regardless of what it is. It's been a while, so I might be off.

Sir Carcass on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think the good Sir is correct - but USING Magic ages you incredibly.

So you'll be getting older by leveling anything, and you could level your magic - but the USE of magic drains your youth.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I think the good Sir is correct - but USING Magic ages you incredibly.

So you'll be getting older by leveling anything, and you could level your magic - but the USE of magic drains your youth.

I don't think that's true. It's just that there are way more Magic skills than the others, so if you play a Mage you will appear to age faster.

Sir Carcass on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    Using magic doesn't change shit. Every skill increase ages you by the same amount. magic just has more increases. levelling strength or skill all the way leaves you at about 32

Tube on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    T'was a neat little system, but ended up quite silly at the end.
    Specifically how your mother and older sister never aged a day while you went from spunky youth to balding geezer.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Maybe it is because I was primarily playing as a warrior-type, but I never really minded aging.

You never look like a geezer - you eventually just look weathered. Still big, still strong, just...experienced. Someone who has been to hell and back a few times over.

I thought it was pretty bad ass getting off the boat for Lost Chapters, standing huge and heroic looking, with just a hint of a white beard showing beneath your shining plate helm.

Not old at all - just a fucking bad ass.

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
    edited April 2008
    My hair was blindingly white in Lost Chapters.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008

Yeah, me too. And I went from a long beard to a really long beard.

Sir Carcass on
    edited April 2008
    I always enjoyd playing as a Will user in Fable, since you looked pretty damn badass once you are fully maxed in the magic arts.

Silpheed on
    edited April 2008

But it was awesome to see me in shining gold plate with a halo 'round my head and butterflies fluttering as my white beard glistened in the winter sun.

...Okay I'll stop now. But seriously, I looked totally badass at 65.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008
    So did I.

statsnewpd3.jpg

multipliersmallhr2.jpg
    I fucking love Fable

FyreWulff on
  • NeenjahNeenjah she/her Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

But it was awesome to see me in shining gold plate with a halo 'round my head and butterflies fluttering as my white beard glistened in the winter sun.

...Okay I'll stop now. But seriously, I looked totally badass at 65.

You sir have described exactly what I looked like upon arriving at Hook Coast. 'Cept I had a Pimp Hat from doing the Bordello quest. And at the end I
    wore Jack's Mask
    so that magnificent beard could crawl its way out from underneath. Yes, those villagers quivered in fear when Santa came to town...

Neenjah on
    Sokhatai Angura is my FFXIV char!
    @Awjeah :V
  • artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God I love this game, hey you don't happen to have a modded xbox do you? I have one, so my hero is only in his 20s, even though I've 100%'d the game.
    The Best (And Only) Fable Modding Site.

artoo on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are you guys playing the PC version or the xbox one? How is it on the PC, worth picking up if I see it cheap (I already beat it on the xbox)?

I'm wondering if the second one is going to get ported to the pc also, would be one less reason for me to buy a 360.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    edited April 2008
    You'd be looking at around 2 years if they possibly port Fable 2 to PC. It wasn't even done by Lionhead, from what I remember.

I know there's various problems with the PC version (which is automatically Lost Chapters); for example the guild seal likes to disappear, it likes to forget your keybinds, etc etc. The nice thing about OXbox Fable is that it works on the 360 with no problems.

The bad thing is for some stupid reason, the version on Xbox Originals is vanilla Fable, and not Lost Chapters.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2008
    You could probably find Lost Chapters for under $10 at this point.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008
    I've played through it twice on the PC and haven't had any real problems.

Sir Carcass on
    edited April 2008
    I never had any problems with Fable:TLC on the PC as well, and I've played through it several times.

Silpheed on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I reinstalled this to try and beat it finally. Does the camera in this game make anyone else a bit nauseas?

I normally don't have any problems with games including all sorts of FPS games, but this one seems to have the horrible combination of a sort of fish-eye effect with a shaky camera that for whatever reason jostles whenever your character moves side to side.

I dunno maybe it's just me.

Drool on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Probably just you. Then again, I play the un-borked console version, so meh.

Are forced takeovers of towns actually viable? I decided to massacre about 98% of Knothole Glade to buy up the real estate - 'cept that nobody decided to move in. The shops are empty, the houses are empty, even after dicking around for several days and the, well, you know.

Sorenson on