As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360 Surround on a PC

The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
What?

Yeah, so I have my 360 hooked up to the same monitor as my second PC. Right now I have just a normal 3.5mm Stereo cable plugged from the 360 into my soundblaster and I listen to the music/sound from the 360 through headphones via my PC.

I would like surround. The TF2 thread in G&T has me really interested in 5.1 headphones and it occured to me that'd be pretty sweet for my 360.

So my question is, is there any reliable (and preferably inexpensive) way to get 5.1 from the 360 into my PC that I already have it hooked up through?

Also, semi-related, but not as important, is there any other way to hook up voice into the 360 for Live than through the controller headset? I.E. If I got a 5.1 headset with a mic, would there be any way for me to also use that on the 360?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

The Dude With Herpes on

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    No idea?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What?

Yeah, so I have my 360 hooked up to the same monitor as my second PC. Right now I have just a normal 3.5mm Stereo cable plugged from the 360 into my soundblaster and I listen to the music/sound from the 360 through headphones via my PC.

I would like surround. The TF2 thread in G&T has me really interested in 5.1 headphones and it occured to me that'd be pretty sweet for my 360.

So my question is, is there any reliable (and preferably inexpensive) way to get 5.1 from the 360 into my PC that I already have it hooked up through?

Also, semi-related, but not as important, is there any other way to hook up voice into the 360 for Live than through the controller headset? I.E. If I got a 5.1 headset with a mic, would there be any way for me to also use that on the 360?

Unless you have a sound card that can take optical, you're stuck with stereo.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited April 2008
    are there soundcards with optical in?

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2008
    The Dude With Herpes on

• midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't have time to look up the model but there are some logitech speakers that have a little mini receiver built in to them with optical in, so maybe look into that as well.

midgetspy on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    X-fi platinum (with the I/O front panel) has an optical in. I use it to take sound in from my 360, and I'm using the Razer Barracuda 5.1 headphones.

Brolo on