As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Travel Thread: Philadelphia

UncleChetUncleChet N00bLancaster, PARegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay we're taking a day trip to philly. We're going by train and arriving at 30th street station. The current plan is to catch the museum doing a star wars exibit. What else can be done in one day in philly? I'd love to hit chinatown for food, but i have no idea how far away that is. Your input is greatly welcomed. :)

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
UncleChet on

• UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is there no one near Philly who can lend some advice?

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Run up the steps of the art museum!

Or if you're the boring type, you can actually go in the museum. Whatever you do, don't eat at a cajun grill in the middle of the ghetto.

YodaTuna on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2008
    The Art Museum is anything but boring, great place to go.

I depending on what you're into, I'd suggest Manayunk, Old City (Independence Hall etc.) or South Street. Those are the biggest touristy places we have.

Unknown User on
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cool, thanks for the tips. No Cajun Grill in the ghetto for me =)
    Any idea how far chinatown might be from 30th street station? I'd love to get my dim sum on. This will be my 2nd trip to the city in like 15 years so I wanna get my days worth.

UncleChet on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2008
    Chinatown is 2 stops from 30th street (eastbound) on regional rail (market east station). You can usually ride from one to the next for free since its where the conductors switch out so they don't check tickets.

Chinatown is just north of Market East Station (which is also in the middle of a mall, but thats pretty boring)

I'd suggest checking out septa.com to make sure you dont accidentally hop on a train to jersey

Unknown User on