As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

xbox games on a 360 in hi def?

KarlKarl Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
This is just a quick question, but do xbox games work on a XB360 in hi def. My 360 is plugged into my pc monitor instead of a tv and there are some old xbox games i was thinking about picking up. Ninja Gaiden being one in particular.

So will it work on my pc monitor?

Karl on

• DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Karl wrote: »
    This is just a quick question, but do xbox games work on a XB360 in hi def. My 360 is plugged into my pc monitor instead of a tv and there are some old xbox games i was thinking about picking up. Ninja Gaiden being one in particular.

So will it work on my pc monitor?

It will work on your PC monitor.

The game will render in 480p and then the 360 will upscale it to whatever resolution that it displays 360 games.

Daedalus on
  • MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    In my experience Oxbox games look a lot better on 360, when they work. However the majority of AAA Oxbox games do not.

I recently bought Jade Empire, any word on how well that plays on 360?

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A friend bought that while he was on vacation, and it works just fine MC Mystery.

urahonky on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    In my experience Oxbox games look a lot better on 360, when they work. However the majority of AAA Oxbox games do not.

I recently bought Jade Empire, any word on how well that plays on 360?

I played it a few BC updates ago, and it played fine, except a few textures in parts of the game didn't load. In particular, a lodge in the woods where you're investigating, and a ironically, a skyline that one of the other characters specifically draw your attention to. Other than these texture issues, it played absolutely fine though, and I'd imagine even those have been fixed in one of the subsequent updates.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg