Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

About this Forum: Don't be a Dick

1356

Posts

  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    Yay for shorter titles (or is that just a random bug) but is there a way to cut it off at a word and drop in '...' instead?

    Feel free to belittle me

  • Zilla360Zilla360 Spaaaace! In Space.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ramius wrote: »
    HOW
    This feature is only available to people who have a postcount greater than one thousand.
    See the only issue I have is with this.

    Why isn't it over nine thousand?

  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Ramius wrote: »
    HOW
    This feature is only available to people who have a postcount greater than one thousand.
    See the only issue I have is with this.

    Why isn't it over nine thousand?

    Because that would be silly.

  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Ramius wrote: »
    HOW
    This feature is only available to people who have a postcount greater than one thousand.
    See the only issue I have is with this.

    Why isn't it over nine thousand?

    Because that would be silly.

    lol internet meme

    I wonder how many users are actually over 9000 even.

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    On this page Lewie, Geebs, Tube, and Me.

    Way to bring down the average awesome, Lewie.

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A bug I'm not willing to try to recreate because it will just generate more hate:

    Trying to report an OP for awesome results in the next post being shown.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    On this page Lewie, Geebs, Tube, and Me.

    Way to bring down the average awesome, Lewie.

    Ahh, but what if someone reported the post where Lewie listed Rock Band for £133, saving £47 off the price listed everywhere else? Admittedly it was down to play.com for listing at £140 and Lewie with a 5% discount code, but he still got lots of praise and love for that.
    That was pretty awesome.

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What is this? What are you doing?

  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    On this page Lewie, Geebs, Tube, and Me.

    Way to bring down the average awesome, Lewie.

    Try to think of it as a higher concentration of awesome.

  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    On this page Lewie, Geebs, Tube, and Me.

    Way to bring down the average awesome, Lewie.

    Try to think of it as a higher concentration of awesome.

    What? Are you crazy. Post count is directly proportional to awesome on these forums. Dont be insane jack.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Exactly, so if we cut away the poeple who have low post counts, then the concentration of awesome goes up.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I try to be as awesome as I can, maybe I just need to try hard, or less hard...

    I didn't realise I was so 'un-awesome' until now.

    :(

  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I try to be as awesome as I can, maybe I just need to try hard, or less hard...

    I didn't realise I was so 'un-awesome' until now.

    :(

    Your mother is awesome and doesn't try. You should bring her some food and ask her how you can be more like her.

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Ramius wrote: »
    HOW
    This feature is only available to people who have a postcount greater than one thousand.
    See the only issue I have is with this.

    Why isn't it over nine thousand?

    what the hell is wrong with you

  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can some mod tell people to stop trolling specific forums? Every thread that is from G&T has someone saying that G&T is stupid and bad and it's getting really annoying. You don't like it, rate it poorly, and be done with it.

  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can some mod tell people to stop trolling specific forums? Every thread that is from G&T has someone saying that G&T is stupid and bad and it's getting really annoying. You don't like it, rate it poorly, and be done with it.

    If the mods considered something a troll the mods would handle it.

    edit: Besides, Knob's Let's Play was rated quite highly, so not every thread from that forum has been slammed.

  • HenroidHenroid Gibberish Cold white sand!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I try to be as awesome as I can, maybe I just need to try hard, or less hard...

    I didn't realise I was so 'un-awesome' until now.

    :(

    Your mother is awesome and doesn't try. You should bring her some food and ask her how you can be more like her.

    She wouldn't be awesome if it weren't for Lewie though.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    You can't prove that

    sig-500x65.jpg
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The way I see it 3 is saying it's pretty good and worth your time to read. 2 is okay but probably shouldn't have been reported as awesome. 1 is not amusing at all.

    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    I go by what the descriptions read, meaning 3 is average, 2 is bad and 1 is terrible. In my eyes, anything less than three stars means "not awesome"

    sig-500x65.jpg
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just found this. I've stopped drinking,wine, am back on tramadol - much better actually, no hangover!

    Sadly, lewie will have to practice his awesomeness without me - he's gone back to uni, so I have no control of his keyboard.

    I think you guys are awesome, even if most of you mis-pronounce the word.

    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

    For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

    "The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Sadly, lewie will have to practice his awesomeness without me - he's gone back to uni, so I have no control of his keyboard.

    I'm sure we can arrange some remote desktop solution.

  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Sadly, lewie will have to practice his awesomeness without me - he's gone back to uni, so I have no control of his keyboard.

    I'm sure we can arrange some remote desktop solution.

    You know thinking about it you are talking about a kind of proxy thing.

    But my initial gut thought when I read your post was some kind of elaborate pulley system across the north west of england, with lewieps mum controlling his arms with ropes and a talking tube.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Sadly, lewie will have to practice his awesomeness without me - he's gone back to uni, so I have no control of his keyboard.

    I'm sure we can arrange some remote desktop solution.

    You know thinking about it you are talking about a kind of proxy thing.

    But my initial gut thought when I read your post was some kind of elaborate pulley system across the north west of england, with lewieps mum controlling his arms with ropes and a talking tube.

    I believe the later solution is the best solution

  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, sounds a bit like the set of reins he had when he had just started walking, I'll think about it when my hand's ok.

    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

    For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

    "The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, sounds a bit like the set of reins he had when he had just started walking, I'll think about it when my hand's ok.

    You are so awesome

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    She'd just find one of us. Also, don't threaten your mother over the internet.

  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    She would borrow a neighbor's connection and tell us what a horrible son you are. It would be scandalous.

  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    sig-500x65.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    :(

  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    I'm getting a PayPal donation button ready right now.

  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    I'm getting a PayPal donation button ready right now.

    They're already going to PAX so donations need not be required. Lucky motherfuckers.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    I'm getting a PayPal donation button ready right now.

    They're already going to PAX so donations need not be required. Lucky motherfuckers.

    Now I really need to find money for PAX

  • HenroidHenroid Gibberish Cold white sand!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    I'm getting a PayPal donation button ready right now.

    They're already going to PAX so donations need not be required. Lucky motherfuckers.

    Now I really need to find money for PAX

    "I'm going to PAX to meet some guy's mom."

    Something sounds a little off about that.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I wonder if my mum would know how to fix the router settings if I fiddle with them next time I am at home...

    I wonder if you would know what to do if your mum ditched you to hang out with us for all of PAX

    I'm getting a PayPal donation button ready right now.

    They're already going to PAX so donations need not be required. Lucky motherfuckers.

    Now I really need to find money for PAX

    "I'm going to PAX to meet some guy's mom."

    Something sounds a little off about that.

    And watch his mom rip on him in front of his peers? Fuck yes

  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    woah

    hey now

    who you calling is peer?

  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ha, ha, ha, ha! Yes, we're going to PAX, everything is booked, I've just got to pay for it (well lots of it, Lewie is paying for some). I'll be wearing red, possibly sparkly stuff, but definitely red.

    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

    For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

    "The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2008
    We will have dinner in a quiet restaurant by the beach and discuss whether or not you have Lewie's life insured.

    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
This discussion has been closed.