Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Jack Thompson would probably have a seizure if he saw this video...

12345679»

Posts

  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pirke Av'ot 4:7

    R. Zadok said, "Separate not thyself from the congregation; (in the
    judge's office) act not the counsel's part; make not of the
    _Torah_ a crown wherewith to aggrandize thyself, nor a spade wherewith
    to dig". So also used Hillel to say, "He who makes a worldly use
    of the crown (of the _Torah_) shall waste away". Hence thou
    mayest infer that whosoever derives a profit for himself from the
    words of the _Torah_ is helping on his own destruction.


    I don't take kindly to folks quoting the Torah in order to push a personal agenda.

    georgersig.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    Pirke Av'ot 4:7

    R. Zadok said, "Separate not thyself from the congregation; (in the
    judge's office) act not the counsel's part; make not of the
    _Torah_ a crown wherewith to aggrandize thyself, nor a spade wherewith
    to dig". So also used Hillel to say, "He who makes a worldly use
    of the crown (of the _Torah_) shall waste away". Hence thou
    mayest infer that whosoever derives a profit for himself from the
    words of the _Torah_ is helping on his own destruction.


    I don't take kindly to folks quoting the Torah in order to push a personal agenda.

    Evander, I'd like you to meet virtually all of the pastors and priests of evangelical "Christianity".

    Play nice.

    Keep stabbings to a minimum.

    P.S. the Televangelists are already damned, so ignore them.

    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Also, yes, this is really D&D material at this point.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    Pirke Av'ot 4:7

    R. Zadok said, "Separate not thyself from the congregation; (in the
    judge's office) act not the counsel's part; make not of the
    _Torah_ a crown wherewith to aggrandize thyself, nor a spade wherewith
    to dig". So also used Hillel to say, "He who makes a worldly use
    of the crown (of the _Torah_) shall waste away". Hence thou
    mayest infer that whosoever derives a profit for himself from the
    words of the _Torah_ is helping on his own destruction.


    I don't take kindly to folks quoting the Torah in order to push a personal agenda.

    Evander, I'd like you to meet virtually all of the pastors and priests of evangelical "Christianity".

    Play nice.

    Keep stabbings to a minimum.

    P.S. the Televangelists are already damned, so ignore them.

    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

    I was going to say the same thing. And you can add "right-wing politicians" to the list too. And, well, southerners. And pretty much anyone from any faith that has an accompanying text (so not necessarily the Torah, but it's the same difference).

    Have you never quoted a commandment for a personal reason, Evander? Maybe because you didn't want someone taking the lord's name in vain around you, because it personally offended you, or perhaps because you wanted someone to stop fucking your wife?

    People quote religious scripture all the time and the only reason to quote it is usually to further your personal agenda, otherwise you would just read it silently and would have no cause to spout it at anyone else.

    Mind you, I'm not saying this is a good thing, but c'mon. This is a silly thing to zero in on. It's something religious people do. All the time. And always will. People justify their opinions, their actions, and their philosophies (moral and otherwise) with scripture. And people judge and attack other opinions, actions, and philosophies with scripture. It's always done because of some kind of personal agenda.

    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't say I agree with all that.

    Just because I have scriptures that correlate with my faith doesn't imply that I have or will ever use those to attack someone else.

    Except I have been known to use scripture to debate with someone else who is also using scripture.

    As I implied in my spoiler, Christianity isn't what you see on TV. Those are the crazies. And 9/10 times their use of their "christianity" is complete hypocracy to their own faith.

    But, maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that a vast majority of Christians aren't like this at all, and don't use their beliefs to attack and ostracize. You just see the dipshits more apparent.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    woo hoo totp.

    I'm going to bail from this before it turns uglier than it is already. Thread -> D&D

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    Pirke Av'ot 4:7

    R. Zadok said, "Separate not thyself from the congregation; (in the
    judge's office) act not the counsel's part; make not of the
    _Torah_ a crown wherewith to aggrandize thyself, nor a spade wherewith
    to dig". So also used Hillel to say, "He who makes a worldly use
    of the crown (of the _Torah_) shall waste away". Hence thou
    mayest infer that whosoever derives a profit for himself from the
    words of the _Torah_ is helping on his own destruction.


    I don't take kindly to folks quoting the Torah in order to push a personal agenda.

    Evander, I'd like you to meet virtually all of the pastors and priests of evangelical "Christianity".

    Play nice.

    Keep stabbings to a minimum.

    P.S. the Televangelists are already damned, so ignore them.

    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

    I'm leaving my own area of expertise here, but "even the devil can quote scripture to suit his own needs."

    And, honestly, I have a very real problem with people who claim that the Tannakh is obsolete turning around and quoting from it in order to push an agenda that it would not support.

    It's like railing against gays, saying that the Torah calls them an abomination, while ignoring that the Torah also calls eating shellfish an abomination.



    The Tannakh does not hold an anti-video games stance.

    georgersig.jpg
  • Player_ZeroPlayer_Zero Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Trolling trolls are trolling politics?

    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    For 27 points of damage.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't say I agree with all that.

    Just because I have scriptures that correlate with my faith doesn't imply that I have or will ever use those to attack someone else.

    Except I have been known to use scripture to debate with someone else who is also using scripture.

    As I implied in my spoiler, Christianity isn't what you see on TV. Those are the crazies. And 9/10 times their use of their "christianity" is complete hypocracy to their own faith.

    But, maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that a vast majority of Christians aren't like this at all, and don't use their beliefs to attack and ostracize. You just see the dipshits more apparent.

    If you think politicians don't thump the bible and attack other bibles (like the Qoran) in the same way evangelists do, you are...well, you're wrong.

    And, okay, not every single person does this but a lot of people who quote scripture do. I'm sorry, but quotation is a part of communication and I see no reason to quote bible passages to someone unless I am trying to justify or prove something to that person. You may not personally be doing this for some kind of "bad" reason, but if you say something like "well, you know, Luke says blah blah blah" then you are most certainly trying to justify your rationale with an appeal to the Bible. If I started quoting Hitler's Mein Kampf, or Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, or R.L. Stine's Goosebumps #27 in the middle of conversation, then I would be trying to use those texts and Rand, or Stine, or Hitler to justify my comments. Trying to prove something with the book. That's why people quote other people. Of course, my example is kind of silly as no one in their right mind would try to justify their opinion by quoting Ayn Rand.

    And I'm pretty sure the mods can come in and determine when they think a particular thread of discussion something is off-topic. You don't need to repeat how something is off-topic three or four times especially after you were the first person to bring the topic up. It's kind of an underhanded way to make a controversial comment and then dissuade other people from commenting back. I'm not saying that is necessarily your intention, but it does come off that way and whether you mean to or not, that is the net effect of your comment. Please don't do this. And it's not like G&T doesn't have an element of debate to it anyway. Not all debating has to occur in D&D.

    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I know I said I was dropping it but...

    I didn't bring up the topic? There's that.

    The only reason I said that is because the conversation really hasn't had anything to do with Games or Technology for several pages. I wasn't trying to meta-mod, so don't get all snippy with me and accuse me of such.

    Anyway, I never said anything about what politicians do. In fact I didn't even mention politicians. Or politics. I also never said there was anything wrong with justifying you views by using your beliefs; because Bible, Koran, whatever, or not, everyone justifies their views somehow. Don't assume that you're above it because you dismiss certain beliefs and religions. I only said that it's not ok to use these to attack someone else; and implied that I think most Christians would agree, though they're not the ones you see spewing hate on the TV.

    And how do you justify your positions? Your beliefs and morals? I'm pretty sure you weren't born with some innate knowledge that no one else is, or that you're so enlightened that you just know everything. You have your sources of morals, ideals, and beliefs, whatever they may be. Don't try to act, or think, that because your way is different than someone elses, that it's somehow better.

    That makes you just as bad as any dipshit on TV saying Katrina happened because god hates gays.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • MandoloreMandolore Registered User
    edited April 2008
    "Playing video games for boys is a sign of social competence."

    Whoa what?
    He's probably talking about... I dunno... doing good in school, being responsible at a job or something. Not, you know, making friends with the cool people.

    I can relate to this. In my old school, the people who played less video games were either the social outcasts or the ones who got in lots of trouble for various reasons

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    —Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I know I said I was dropping it but...

    I didn't bring up the topic? There's that.

    The only reason I said that is because the conversation really hasn't had anything to do with Games or Technology for several pages. I wasn't trying to meta-mod, so don't get all snippy with me and accuse me of such.

    Anyway, I never said anything about what politicians do. In fact I didn't even mention politicians. Or politics. I also never said there was anything wrong with justifying you views by using your beliefs; because Bible, Koran, whatever, or not, everyone justifies their views somehow. Don't assume that you're above it because you dismiss certain beliefs and religions. I only said that it's not ok to use these to attack someone else; and implied that I think most Christians would agree, though they're not the ones you see spewing hate on the TV.

    And how do you justify your positions? Your beliefs and morals? I'm pretty sure you weren't born with some innate knowledge that no one else is, or that you're so enlightened that you just know everything. You have your sources of morals, ideals, and beliefs, whatever they may be. Don't try to act, or think, that because your way is different than someone elses, that it's somehow better.

    That makes you just as bad as any dipshit on TV saying Katrina happened because god hates gays.

    First, saying "this belongs in D&D" is meta-modding. So yes, you were meta-modding. Stop reiterating that you think a particular piece of conversation is off-topic. I don't care what you think is off-topic. If a mod tells me "hey, this is off-topic" then I will listen. You repeating it over and over and over is just boring.

    Next, my entire point was that you didn't mention politicians, or the many, many other groups that quote biblical passages to push a personal agenda. You singled out evangelists and I was correcting you. The problem is not restrictied to evangelists. Or lawyers. My point is that almost everyone does this.

    Which should answer to your next point: almost everyone does this. They regurgitate/reiterate (whichever word you like) the words they read to other people for their personal agendas, whether that motive is personal justification or a desire to prove something or whatever else.

    Not that I think evangelists are to be defended. I just found your comment wierd and out of left field. Evangelists are not even close to being the only group of people that brandish the bible to push personal agendas.

    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So what's your point?

    You hate anyone that has any relation to, or ever mentions, the Bible?

    Great.

    Can we move on?

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The issue I raised was not the quoting of scripture, but the misuse of scripture to promote an agenda that does not exist within the scripture itself.

    And yes, many people are guilty of this, and I tend to shoot back at them with scripture as well.

    My favorite is reminding proslytizers that according to Deutoronomy, I'm supposed to kill them for trying to push Jesus on me.

    georgersig.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    As I implied in my spoiler, Christianity isn't what you see on TV. Those are the crazies. And 9/10 times their use of their "christianity" is complete hypocracy to their own faith.

    But, maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that a vast majority of Christians aren't like this at all, and don't use their beliefs to attack and ostracize. You just see the dipshits more apparent.

    Um. I'm a vague flavor of Christian (Unitarian, actually), but I've gotta say that there's a lot more "Christians" who use their beliefs to attack and ostracize than you're implying.

    Case in point: my home of Tulsa is the proud host of Oral Roberts University. If you've forgotten, he's the ur-televangelist who once said "God will take me home" if he didn't raise X amount of money. He didn't, and God didn't take him home. Also, the college is completely consumed with money, and was built in an extremely tacky 60s version of futuristic with "gold" plating all over the place.

    Oral Roberts University is HIGHLY respected in this town, and a huge number of people think the guy is wonderful, despite the fact that he uses religion as a tool to raise money for himself.

    It's depressing.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    But that's who I was talking about.

    I just don't equate the followers of a faith to their leaders. Just because Falwell was a hate-monger, I fail to believe everyone who attends Liberty University (ololirony) is also a crazy.

    EDIT: But hell, maybe they are? I don't know. Maybe it's just hope that they're not and I'm all alone.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So what's your point?

    You hate anyone that has any relation to, or ever mentions, the Bible?

    Great.

    Can we move on?

    No, I am stating that singling out evangelists specifically for doing it to further their personal agenda is silly. I've quoted from the bible myself. I don't pretend, though, that I didn't do it so I could try to elevate my opinion somehow, which is exactly what Jack Thompson is doing.

    Somehow you keep concluding the exact opposite of the correct thing, so let me help you: I don't think there's anything wrong with Jack Thompson quoting from the bible, or people doing so to push their personal agenda, because it's human nature to use texts (bible and otherwise) in exactly that way.

    We can move on if my point has finally penetrated.

    steam_sig.png
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    So what's your point?

    You hate anyone that has any relation to, or ever mentions, the Bible?

    Great.

    Can we move on?

    No, I am stating that singling out evangelists specifically for doing it to further their personal agenda is silly. I've quoted from the bible myself. I don't pretend, though, that I didn't do it so I could try to elevate my opinion somehow, which is exactly what Jack Thompson is doing.

    Somehow you keep concluding the exact opposite of the correct thing, so let me help you: I don't think there's anything wrong with Jack Thompson quoting from the bible, or people doing so to push their personal agenda, because it's human nature to use texts (bible and otherwise) in exactly that way.

    We can move on if my point has finally penetrated.

    And according to Judaism, it IS wrong for people to do, in the occassion that the verse they quote does not actually apply to the situation that they are talking about.

    georgersig.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was implying that evangelists were using clear misinterpretations of the bible to further their own agenda; and that was wrong. Which is why I replied, with a quote, of Evander, stating that.

    I'm sorry if you didn't get that, and felt the need to throw a fit.

    Yes, we can move on.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    But that's who I was talking about.

    I just don't equate the followers of a faith to their leaders. Just because Falwell was a hate-monger, I fail to believe everyone who attends Liberty University (ololirony) is also a crazy.

    EDIT: But hell, maybe they are? I don't know. Maybe it's just hope that they're not and I'm all alone.

    The school paper once printed an obituary of Christopher Reeve that ended "because he didn't accept our Lord Jesus Christ into his life, he will not be going to heaven."

    And nobody protested that.

    Not to mention the fact that I've been told I'm going to hell multiple times just for being Unitarian.

    Yeah. Lots of folks out there giving Christianity a bad name. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good ones out there, but there's plenty of bad ones too.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My point basically is this: If you're going to say that what Jack Thompson did is wrong, then you have to blame A LOT of people and not just evangelists. If you're just blaming evangelists, then you're not thinking fully, because a great many people use scripture in the same way as evangelists and Jack Thompson. A great many.

    steam_sig.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    *chomps down on pop-corn*

    That's pretty great, guys. Now do the Zelda timeline argument!

    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Not to mention the fact that I've been told I'm going to hell multiple times just for being Unitarian.
    This is why you need to be a Unitarian Universalist - all the 'god-is-one', with a bonus 'no one gets damned' on the side. Telling a Universalist they're going to hell when they die is a bit like telling a Christian they're going to miss out on Valhala. It's just not applicable.

    Tired of getting reamed by Gamestop? Sign up for Goozex!
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    But that's who I was talking about.

    I just don't equate the followers of a faith to their leaders. Just because Falwell was a hate-monger, I fail to believe everyone who attends Liberty University (ololirony) is also a crazy.

    EDIT: But hell, maybe they are? I don't know. Maybe it's just hope that they're not and I'm all alone.

    The school paper once printed an obituary of Christopher Reeve that ended "because he didn't accept our Lord Jesus Christ into his life, he will not be going to heaven."

    And nobody protested that.

    Not to mention the fact that I've been told I'm going to hell multiple times just for being Unitarian.

    Yeah. Lots of folks out there giving Christianity a bad name. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good ones out there, but there's plenty of bad ones too.

    Oh, you think you've been told you're going to hell.

    Hah, try being a former Baptist who is now a Mormon.

    I don't think there is a level of hell for where I've been told I'm going. :lol:

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    My point basically is this: If you're going to say that what Jack Thompson did is wrong, then you have to blame A LOT of people and not just evangelists. If you're just blaming evangelists, then you're not thinking fully, because a great many people use scripture in the same way as evangelists and Jack Thompson. A great many.

    And I blame them all. Belive me.



    I was just particularly worked up because the asshole has the audacity to quote from MY Bible (the one that he rejects as obsolete) and then claim that Passover is over, when we are currentlyin the MIDDLE of it.

    georgersig.jpg
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think most people who quote religious texts are usually doing so as an appeal to authority when speaking with a religious person. I mean if you're talking to a room full of devout Christians, saying 'look here, where Jesus said don't be a cock-faced ass-monkey' might lend some weight to a point you're trying to make.

    But there are lots of reasons... who cares why people do it? I like some of the more poetic stuff in a number of religious texts. And the wackier stuff, just as a reminder that in general a lot of shit gets written down but it isn't all true.

    I liked the video, it's nice to know people are taking a broader look at studying the evidence when it comes to video games and violence.

    I don't like the idea of game censorship. I don't mind the idea of game ratings based on content, so parents can judge what they're buying for a kid, but to say a kid can't play a game like GTA is silly.

    Someone asked about parents letting their kids watch Reservoir Dogs. I think I watched the movie with my parents when I was eleven (which would have made my older siblings fourteen and seventeen). I thought the movie was pretty good, and I don't recall being particularly estranged from society afterwards. Probably because even as kids we were mature, likely something to do with our parents raising us in a way that taught us about the world that actually existed outside our house, good and bad. I think my parents frowned more on some of the general jackassery that I watched (like Jean Claude Van Damm movies) than they did on the mature content.

    Realistically, if you have the internet, don't you think your kid has seen just about everything? Kids aren't dumb, they know how to cover their tracks.

    Erik
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's really nice that Lutheran teachings tend to have a better approach than declaring that person x is going to hell. Like a lot of things, we just say "we don't know" and leave it at that. At worst we say that somebody's actions or views "don't seem indicative of a healthy relationship with God" while leaving judgment to the higher power that actually knows what's going on. And putting all sins on an equal level makes ostracizing ridiculous, since justification is outside of works. Honestly, it's pretty open.

    We'll get back there someday.
  • KendrikKendrik McKinney, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hah, try being a former Baptist who is now a Mormon.


    I don't think there is a level of hell for where I've been told I'm going. :lol:

    Haven't you seen South Park? The Mormons got it RIGHT! :P

    fss.png
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, which one of you cuntbags brought this thread back to life?

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jack Thompson e-mailing a letter addressed to the CEO of Take2's mom (though not actually sending it to her, just to every fucking person on earth) resurrected this thread.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    The potential exchange.
    Dear Mrs. Zelnick:

    Your son, as you may know (or maybe you don’t know), is Chairman of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., whose most popular video games are the Grand Theft Auto murder simulator games banned in some countries but sold to children here.

    Your son last week was reported to have said the following about Grand Theft Auto IV, due to be released Tuesday, April 29: “We’ve already received numerous [GTA IV] reviews, and to a one, they are perfect scores. My mom couldn’t write better reviews…” Taking your son’s thought, I would encourage you either to play this game or have an adroit video gamer play it for you. Some of the latter gamers are on death row, so try to find one out in the civilian population who hasn’t killed someone yet.

    What you will see in your son’s game, if this iteration of GTA is anything like its predecessors, is incredible interactive violence aimed at police officers (whom you can shoot in the head and see the blood spray), innocent bystanders (whom you can run over with your car just for the heck of it), and of course the plentiful female prostitutes you can have sex with and then filet with a knife or stomp with your feet in order to get your money back. Experts note that the recent plethora of cop killings is caused in part by your darling son’s entrepreneurial energy. There are three policemen dead in Alabama because of Grand Theft Auto. I was on 60 Minutes about it. I hope Strauss has provided you with a flat screen tv to see the grief of the bereaved families that fills the screen.

    The pornography and violence that your son trafficks in is the kind of stuff that most mothers would be ashamed to see their son putting into the hands of other mothers’ children, but, hey, your son Strauss has recently assured the world that he is “a Boy Scout, everybody knows that.” I’d love to see the merit badges that Scout Troop handed out. Is there a Ted Bundy merit badge? If so, your loving son deserves one now. It should be red and green, for obvious reasons.

    With Passover having just come and gone, it is appropriate to note the following from the Old Testament, Proverbs 22:6:

    “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

    Mrs. Zelnick, did you train up your son, Strauss, to make millions of dollars by pushing Mature-rated video games to children? Any kid can go right to little Strauss’ corporate web site and buy GTA IV with no age verification. Strauss is even marketing the new Grand Theft Auto IV on World Wrestling Entertainment tv shows seen by millions of kids. If you trained up Strauss to do this, then shame on you.

    But maybe the explanation for your son’s corporate sociopathy is to be found in Old Testament Proverb 29:15:

    “The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.”

    Maybe you, Mrs. Zelnick, were so taken by your handsome son that you spared the rod and spoiled the child. That would explain why he has brought you, by the way he presently acts, “to shame.”

    There’s another mother you would do well to talk to. Mrs. Crump in Alabama had a son who was a police officer. He’s now dead because a teenaged boy unwittingly trained himself to kill him on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. She has a grief she carries every day that only a mother can know.There are other such mothers in the heartland of America whose inhabitants your son simply sees as commercial targets.

    Your son, this very moment, is doing everything he possibly can to sell as many copies of GTA IV to teen boys in the United States, a country in which your son claims you raised him to be “a Boy Scout.” More like the Hitler Youth, I would say. Happy Mother’s day, Mrs. Zelnick, which this year is May 11, two weeks after your son unleashes porn and violence upon other mothers’ boys. I’m sure you’re very proud.

    Sincerely, Jack Thompson
    Dear Jack Thompson,

    What the fuck did you say about my mama?

    Signed, The Younger Zelnick

    QlBGc.jpg
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's the best thing I've read on the internet all month.

    Even better than the gold Jesus cross thing.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's pretty amazing that Jack Thompson has so perfectly nailed both "active aggressive" and "passive aggressive."

    steam_sig.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Nah.

    Every hippie in a Che shirt stumbles into that hypocrisy.

    QlBGc.jpg
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Okay, which one of you cuntbags brought this thread back to life?

    ... >_>

    ... O_o

    *whistles and walks away*

  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Okay, which one of you cuntbags brought this thread back to life?

    ... >_>

    ... O_o

    *whistles and walks away*

    Don't you try and hide it!

  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Okay, which one of you cuntbags brought this thread back to life?

    ... >_>

    ... O_o

    *whistles and walks away*

    Don't you try and hide it!

    Jack is a novelty. Why wouldn't you want to know about him?

Sign In or Register to comment.