As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphire 3 tablet and gaming insantiy

TrakkerTrakker Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a graphire 3 tablet. That comes with a pen and a mouse, so that's great, but when I'm playing a video game and I scroll the mouse wheel, it makes my character start spinning around at hyper speeds. Needless to say, that's not the most handy feature when I'm bearing down on an enemy spy and I need to switch to my shotgun and I find myself instead staring at a brick wall.

I had this problem a long time ago, and found a solution that involved disabling the wacom graphire software before playing a game, but that was on an older computer and for the life of me I can't find this solution anymore. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Brawl Friend Code:
2105-8311-5414
Trakker on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    From my experience of the Graphire graphics tablets, the mouse supplied with them are rubbish. This doesn't exactly answer you're question, but you'd be much better of with a different mouse for gaming - even a cheap Microsoft corded mouse. The graphics tablet is for drawing, the mouse is just there as a charitable gesture. God, I don't even know where my Graphire mouse is anymore.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    TrakkerTrakker Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Indeed, it is a crummy mouse. Guess I have something else for my to-buy list.

But for anyone's info, I eventually figured it out--as I said, the software was messing things up.

Go to run, type:
    net stop TabletServicePen
    to turn it off, and
    net start TabletServicePen
    to turn it on.

When it's off, the mouse will move slower, but that can be upped in mouse sensitivity, and the scroll wheel will be fixed. Just remember to turn it back on if you want to use the pen in tablet mode.

Trakker on
    Brawl Friend Code:
    2105-8311-5414