As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hugging the [chat] out of 'em

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I totally bailed on Ikariam. I have this ADD thing when it comes to games like that and they generally can't hold my attention for longer than a week.

JPants on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    AXA and Allianz are known to me. Both are monolithic companies without any soul.

So is RBS. :P

What concerns me about AXA is their aggressive outsourcing (to India and Ireland). For what is effectively a combined admin office and call centre, where I am now must be hugely expensive.

I keep reading that as "Axis and Alliance" >.>

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Ikariam is kind of broken. Trading posts shouldn't require special resources to upgrade, just wood. If you can't get marble, you're kind of fucked.

In theory, you can always get marble, because there's always a marble island withing the minimum trading/pillaging range.

Yeah I pillaged to get going on those resources at first

I have been too, but nobody's got marble for me. I've hit the population cap in my capital, but I need marble to upgrade it so I can support the troops I have to have to raid.

I'm getting an asston of money, though, so I suppose I could take the 600g hit for a bit.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I've never seen Showgirls. I don't think I'm really missing out though.

You can get T&A from better movies.

Yeah like strip tease, it was way funnier, thanks Robert Patrick!

Yeah, so Strip Tease is the one i meant, not Show Girls.

Strip Tease is a hilarious book. Never seen the movie though.

It's a funny movie, and you get to see demi moores plastic body which looks nice. The best parts by far are Ving Rhames as the bouncer and Robert Patrick as the sleazy ex husband.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ikariam is kind of broken. Trading posts shouldn't require special resources to upgrade, just wood. If you can't get marble, you're kind of fucked.

Wait, where are you again? I could send you some marble from the 80:80 neighborhood if you want.

Either Hait-Ashbury at 85:73, or Hippie Commune at 85:71. How do I join the alliance? I've got my embassy up and have sent a message.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Books are for nerds. Real men hate words and letters and set them on fire whenever they see them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    IF YOU WAS FROM

WHERE I WAS FROM

YOU'D BE FUCKING DEAD
    artic-monkeys-album.jpg

:?:

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Wait, where are you again? I could send you some marble from the 80:80 neighborhood if you want.

Either Hait-Ashbury at 85:73, or Hippie Commune at 85:71. How do I join the alliance? I've got my embassy up and have sent a message.

You know the two icons, one is "Send Message" and the other one is in German? Click the German one.

Ok, I'll send you some marble from Blanchemains in about an hour.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Books are for nerds. Real men hate words and letters and set them on fire whenever they see them.

Except for Playboy, which we read for the articles.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    AXA and Allianz are known to me. Both are monolithic companies without any soul.

So is RBS. :P

What concerns me about AXA is their aggressive outsourcing (to India and Ireland). For what is effectively a combined admin office and call centre, where I am now must be hugely expensive.

I keep reading that as "Axis and Alliance" >.>

Not far off, as far as I'm concerned. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

You used the word and a littile too much
    Yay I found a ton of cheap DS games at Toysr today

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan what part of the business unit are you a part of?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

You know the two icons, one is "Send Message" and the other one is in German? Click the German one.

Thanks, I owe you. I've got wine if you need any, or just straight up cash. Also sulphur, but not much.

Request sent.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    yeesh

at the rate I go through razorblades and hot water, waxing would probably be a money-saving strategy :V

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    yeesh

at the rate I go through razorblades and hot water, waxing would probably be a money-saving strategy :V

This is why I'm so glad I have fine hair. I can use a disposable razor for months.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh shit I need to check out my new marble colony.

Quid on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey, our alliance is ranked 500th out of 1.5M! How awesome are we!

And my empire's score is now over 1000. I have no idea how or why or what that means. But at least I'm average for the alliance, and not the weakest member like when I first joined.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

You used the word and a littile too much

Yeah, I have that problem. It's sort of like how all the dialog in a lot of Mark Twain novels is in utterly terrible grammar.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    yeesh

This is why I'm so glad I have fine hair. I can use a disposable razor for months.
    In the winter, I can get a week or a week and a half out of one of the detachable heads to my razor. Now that I have to keep about six times as much acreage hairless, it's just a losing battle. I go through one every 2-3 days, otherwise it's impossible to get a close-enough shave on my face.

If I was waxing away some other parts of my body, I would get a lot more mileage out of the razor for the parts I can't wax.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Thanks, I owe you. I've got wine if you need any, or just straight up cash. Also sulphur, but not much.

Request sent.

I don't think you can send money. Maybe if you were in a trade alliance? Don't worry about sending stuff back. Not now, anyway. If you have extra sulfur to send me at some point, that would probably be good, since I don't have a sulfur island.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Carl Hiaasen is the shit.

Medopine on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan what part of the business unit are you a part of?

RBS Insurance is divided principally into UKI, Direct Line, and Churchill. Churchill is subdivided into UAG, Churchill, Prudential, and a few others.

I technically work for Prudential, but it says Churchill on my employment documentation, and RBS on anything from HR.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Hey, our alliance is ranked 500th out of 1.5M! How awesome are we!

And my empire's score is now over 1000. I have no idea how or why or what that means. But at least I'm average for the alliance, and not the weakest member like when I first joined.

I think I'm about to be the weakest member. I've been foundering without any sources of marble anywhere.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I only have to shave my face, because no one cares whether or not I shave anything else. Plus I keep all the rest covered up pretty much always anyway.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »

Where's your new marble colony? I could really use some marble down in my crystal colony that's not at all close to any of my other colonies. I'd really like to get some marble from peeps in the neighborhood, than send my ships on a 5 day voyage.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Also screw you guys for tricking me into talking about ikariam in here

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Ok, I simply have to ask. Where does this "the shit"... bullshit come from? How could that happen?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was nice enough to keep pants on over at cel's on Saturday while Medopine was around.

And people say I'm not a gentleman.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Also screw you guys for tricking me into talking about ikariam in here

I considered yelling at you, but meh.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Agreed. he writes some hilarious characters.

I haven't read him much lately, sadly. Been on a Scalzi kick.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I was nice enough to keep pants on over at cel's on Saturday while Medopine was around.

You weren't showing off your gorgeous legs?
    What kind of gentleman are you?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    [chat]s go by so fast these days. :(

Aldo on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »

Where's your new marble colony? I could really use some marble down in my crystal colony that's not at all close to any of my other colonies. I'd really like to get some marble from peeps in the neighborhood, than send my ships on a 5 day voyage.
    Literaly right next to my other two islands. I just started building it this morning though so it's going to be a while before I'm extricating any valuable amount.

Quid on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Neuralgia is fun!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I only have to shave my face, because no one cares whether or not I shave anything else. Plus I keep all the rest covered up pretty much always anyway.
    I need to wear more revealing garments than I normally would (and I dislike those sorts, typically) in these transitional seasons since otherwise I get an uneven and insufficient tan that will make it impossible to wear more revealing clothes when I don't have a choice.

Since this manifests itself in things even as minor as where boys and womens' shirts sleeves end, I spend a lot of time lounging in front of windows with no shirt on. :/

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    IF YOU WAS FROM

WHERE I WAS FROM

YOU'D BE FUCKING DEAD
    artic-monkeys-album.jpg

:?:

Zen is from the under-18 district of Neo-Tokyo, known colloquially as Kawaii-town

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

I see how it is! D&D gathering in Portland and no one invites the Pants..... No, no, it's ok, i'm not upset. I've just got something in my eye.

JPants on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Neuralgia is fun!

Oh yes. I have that shit. :^:

I think I've outgrown it or something though, doesn't happen nearly as often as ten years ago.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Deaf dumb and blind kid...

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Neuralgia is fun!

Oh yes. I have that shit. :^:

I think I've outgrown it or something though, doesn't happen nearly as often as ten years ago.

I have it in my right foot and have done for a couple of months now. It's immensely painful when it hits, feels like my entire foot is on fire and usually disables me for 10-20 seconds.

It's getting annoying.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.