Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Can't edit anything in my computer's shared folder

RazzleDazzRazzleDazz Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am trying to do some clean up on my computer, and need to move/copy/delete files from my Shared Documents folder (I have windows XP). However when I try to do so I am told that "Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use". The only thing I can think to do is check that the files are not read-only, which they are, but when I try to change that I get "access denied" as well. Anyone know what may be up?

RazzleDazz on

• AurinAurin Registered User
    edited April 2008
    The files might be in use by some program... Google and download the program 'Unlocker' to see what's holding them down. If it doesn't find anything, it'll delete the files on reboot.