As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jack the Ripper 3rd night

1181920212224»

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm in ur phalla

Postin' my role pms
    Fencingsax wrote:
    You are... a Docker!csl0472lal5.jpg

A humble man, you'll carry and load pretty much anything to get your shillings. There are rumors of men going missing, but you dismiss them as ghost stories. Of course, a few of the mates haven't een seen at the pub in awhile, but it hasn't been that long.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Do you guys think Sax will even come back to this thread to admit his failure?

He's posted a few times today.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Nope.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

No, and I honestly think he should incur an infraction for it. He knows full well people are pissed at him and he's not man enough to admit it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

No, and I honestly think he should incur an infraction for it. He knows full well people are pissed at him and he's not man enough to admit it.

If they let deadbeat santas get away with it, they're not going to do shit about a deadbeat phalla host.

Just leave it be. It's not worth the trouble.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    B:L wrote: »

If they let deadbeat santas get away with it, they're not going to do shit about a deadbeat phalla host.

They banned the deadbeat Santas, last I knew.

Satan. on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We should pretend to keep playing or something.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

They banned the deadbeat Santas, last I knew.

Not all of them.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, the Phalla secret santa was not a board-sanctioned event. We had to conduct it off board, so I can see why nobody would want to infract someone for something they did that technically wasn't involved with these forums.

However, FencingSax's phalla was a board-sactioned event. The whole thing took place on these boards, so there could be more of an argument for infracting him, I guess.

That being said, I don't really care if he gets infracted. I think the general ostracization he'll get in the future will be bad enough. I know I'm going to call him out if I ever see him in the [chat] thread, for example, and you can bet that he'll never run another Phalla here.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, the Phalla secret santa was not a board-sanctioned event. We had to conduct it off board, so I can see why nobody would want to infract someone for something they did that technically wasn't involved with these forums.

However, FencingSax's phalla was a board-sactioned event. The whole thing took place on these boards, so there could be more of an argument for infracting him, I guess.

That being said, I don't really care if he gets infracted. I think the general ostracization he'll get in the future will be bad enough. I know I'm going to call him out if I ever see him in the [chat] thread, for example, and you can bet that he'll never run another Phalla here.

I was referring more to Squashua's deadbeat santa who screwed him over.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh right, I forgot about that.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey guys, I just want to pop in and apologize for my disappearance. My college life has basically collapsed (I am really [ ] this close to dropping out because of neglect of grades), and so I've been having a little bit of drama. I'm sorry to end this so abruptly, and I still want to award Oboro the best roleplaying award.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I think I'll let you guys handle this. Y'all are better at being angry than I am...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just want to pop in and apologize for my disappearance. My college life has basically collapsed (I am really [ ] this close to dropping out because of neglect of grades), and so I've been having a little bit of drama. I'm sorry to end this so abruptly, and I still want to award Oboro the best roleplaying award.

If you've neglected your grades like you've neglected this thread, while you were busy posting elsewhere, then I can see why you're in trouble.

Get your act together, dude. We at phalla gave you a second chance. College isn't as kind.

• Options
    edited May 2008

You've been posting in other forums and have been online every day. You failed to respond to at least my PM and I'm sure PMs from folks that were in the game.

We have no love for you. This is the best excuse you can come up with? Honestly, there wasn't much you could have said besides "I just suck at running Phallas. Sorry."

Satan. on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes, you see why I have a 2.0, and still owe a full semester of credits. Thank you.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes, you see why I have a 2.0, and still owe a full semester of credits. Thank you.

Sooo... about those posts you kept making elsewhere? CF was more important than dropping in on the game? That you were running?

Satan. on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    last I recall college was fairly alright with second chances, VH!

just as long as you had a way to get the scratch for it.

Obbi on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fencingsax, while I have a variety of unkind things I really want to say to you, I'll try being useful instead.

If your grades are suffering, but you are still posting in other threads and viewing this forum, you need to change. Not tomorrow, not next week, you need to really change your habits now, if college matters to you at all.

I suggest either asking a mod to ban you, which I thought they said they would not do, or ask a friend via email to log you in and change your password until another time, so you cannot log on to post and it should help reduce the time you spend here anyways.

Go read a book or create/join a study group for your classes. Consider spending an hour a day studying instead of that same hour you'd spend here. It adds up quickly.

Furthermore, I think you should highly consider offering a very sincere apology to the folks in this thread and those waiting to run games in here. Without responding, you took time out of 40 some people (players plus spectators) without even posting to say you had to cancel the game due to the reasons you stated above.

You can do that at the very least. The apology above almost seems like an afterthought. While nice it was said, it doesn't really ease how much you blew people off. It would be a nice gesture to show that you still respect your players for showing up to play your game enough to offer a sincere apology, which also transfers to the people behind you who wanted to run a game.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »

*cough* I'm not having college issues, Obbi. You have the wrong acronym...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Was there something you're not telling us, VH? o_O

You can tell us. We're all family here.

• Options
    edited May 2008

Was there something you're not telling us, VH? o_O

You can tell us. We're all family here.

Man, I graduated last fall, I don't have to worry about college any more.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Also, FencingSax, seriously, you suck for not popping in here and telling us what was going on. At the very least, you could have refrained from posting elsewhere on these forums, and then fed us some bullshit about family or something.

I mean, you didn't have to be so obvious about it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Honestly, that sort of post/apology would have cut it on Friday or whenever you first missed the deadline in the decline to the end over the weekend here.

But now? It's almost more insulting than how you've wasted all our time already, not to mention those who are waiting to host in D&D.

Ardor's got a good reply with good advice, so take some (all) of it to heart, Fencingsax.

LaOs on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to spare you the Holocaust reference, but I'll reiterate this.

4) The family excuse is perfectly excusable once. Twice. Perhaps three times. I certainly had my share of several-hour delays in my games. However, it wears razor-thin when it happens time and time again on the second go-around. There is a basic commitment if you're going to run a game, because you are managing the fun of a ton of people. If you expect them to play, they expect you to be there to run it. It's simple. If you can't even manage that, don't run it. Your reasons can be perfectly legitimate--but don't run it. You might wonder whether you can manage the time commitment--so don't run it. If you doubt you can handle a two-hour-a-day commitment for a week--DON'T DO IT.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    duallainduallain Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, if you know that it's getting close to crunch time ask for help we here are a generally understanding bunch and there are many people who I'm sure would have been willing to help you run this phalla in some capacity. Reaching out when you are overstretched is an essential skill that will make your life better in general.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with current and future endeavors but I am as upset with a person as I will ever be because of something that is happening/happened on the internet.

duallain on